Home Sports Talk
Options

Dallas Coyboys 2018 road to ..... NOWHERE!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 21, 2018 7:43PM in Sports Talk

If they would have lost tonight …. that would have been the straw that broke the camels back. I would have dropped them forever!

As it is we are tied with Steve's Eagles for 1st place in the NFC East. Go Cowboys! :)

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

if i played for the Coyboys i'd quit at halftime

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

All tied up at 1-1 with 160 games left to play...still a long way to go. ;)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad they beat the Giants!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Glad they beat the Giants!

It was a good week:

Cowboys beat Giants
    Skins lost
    Eagles lost
    Steelers lost

Pretty much a perfect week! :)

• Options

Dimeman collects nothing but cleaned, corroded, counterfeit, cull coins.

;)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Dimeman collects nothing but cleaned, corroded, counterfeit, NICKLES .

;)

he is only half the man he claimed to be. Watch him over compensate by switching to quarters

• Options
    edited September 23, 2018 3:41PM

Well, it looks like week 3 is a bust at halftime down 14 to a winless Seahawks team. It was supposed to be on TV, but not in my area. No we have to endure a Bears vs Cardinals game. Might as well have a soccer game on or watch paint dry!!

• Options

Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys.

Hey, I'll give them credit when credit is due. I don't mind doing that at all.

I see that they are beating the Seahawks handily by a score of 24-6 in the 4th quarter.

Very nice win for them today.

Oooooooops. LOL

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be thankful you don't have to watch.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Stick a fork in'em……...their done!

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Dallas offense is weak, defenses focusing on shutting Elliot down and making Dak throw. He seems uncomfortable throwing downfield and settles for short passes.

• Options

Cowboys only down by 18 points with ten minutes left - plenty of time yet, they'll get there.

18 points ain't nuttin. Two simple TD's, two little ol' 2 point conversions, and one chip shot field goal and the Cowboys jubilantly celebrate with a phenomenal comeback victory.

They'll do it.

• Options

Cowboys scored...and kicked the extra point?

Is Jason Garrett on drugs?

What ever math you wish to use, in that situation when ya've got momentum, ya gotta go for 2. Not even debatable.

Now he's basically playing for a tie, not for a win. That's timid football coaching.

• Options

@stevek said:

What ever math you wish to use, in that situation when ya've got momentum, ya gotta go for 2. Not even debatable.

Now he's basically playing for a tie, not for a win. That's timid football coaching.

Steve....I have stated for years that Garrett is as bad a HC as Jerry is an owner!

• Options

@stevek said:
    Cowboys only down by 18 points with ten minutes left - plenty of time yet, they'll get there.

18 points ain't nuttin. Two simple TD's, two little ol' 2 point conversions, and one chip shot field goal and the Cowboys jubilantly celebrate with a phenomenal comeback victory.

They'll do it.

Chit - Somebody tell the Cowboys I was just kidding.

• Options

Don't worry Steve...….too little too late.

• Options

Atta boy Dak - GREAT throw.

Turn out them lights, the parties over.....

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the Cowboy fans miss Romo yet? At least he could score TDs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2018 4:24PM

@stevek said:

If you don't convert there, though, you need two TDs instead of a FG and a TD (with a 2-pt conversion). At the rate that offense moves the ball, that is tough enough nevermind two TDs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

Sounds like Dak just made a Romo move! It was an INT right! And NO I will NEVER miss Romo!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

They had me a little worried there for around a mili-second, before Dak threw that interception.

All smack aside, the season is still early, plenty of time for the Cowboys to get back in the hunt.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Sounds like Dak just made a Romo move! It was an INT right! And NO I will NEVER miss Romo!

Dak can't even hold Romo's water bottle. No comparison in talent level.

The Cowboys were at least in most games and won a lot of games with Romo. The offense now is liking watching paint dry.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They had me a little worried there for around a mili-second, before Dak threw that interception.

All smack aside, the season is still early, plenty of time for the Cowboys to get back in the hunt.

I see what you're doing there, Steve, LOL..

• Options

Like I said coming out of preseason going into the season. Too many injuries and too many suspensions. Our O-line went from one of the best to average to below average. And we can't keep our D-line players off drugs! We are in trouble BIG TIME!

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

The Cowboys were at least in most games and won a lot of games with Romo. The offense now is liking watching paint dry.

Please don't get me started on Romo! He was a loser and choke artist and I will NEVER miss him!

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

If you don't convert there, though, you need two TDs instead of a FG and a TD (with a 2-pt conversion). At the rate that offense moves the ball, that is tough enough nevermind two TDs.

We all know they've got their little guide on this advising them what to do. I just think winning coaches, use the math AND the situation to make the call...and in my view going for the 2 in that situation was the much better call.

They get the 8, then they got the ball back, then they were moving the ball well before the pick. If they get the 8 again, then instead of playing for a field goal tie, they would be playing for a field goal win.

I still say it was timid coaching by Garrett and basically said to the team that he didn't have the confidence in them to get the 2 point conversion.

And don't forget, extra points can be missed as well.

• Options

It's all a moot point. We are going nowhere until we get everybody back and maybe not then!

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

That pick late in the game tells me that other teams have keyed in on Dak's tendencies, and Dak is either not bright enough to change things or Garrett isn't bright enough to teach him how.

I mean a QB simply cannot throw a pick in that situation. It just simply cannot happen if ya wanna have a winning football team.

• Options
    edited September 23, 2018 4:47PM

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

We all know they've got their little guide on this advising them what to do. I just think winning coaches, use the math AND the situation to make the call...and in my view going for the 2 in that situation was the much better call.

They get the 8, then they got the ball back, then they were moving the ball well before the pick. If they get the 8 again, then instead of playing for a field goal tie, they would be playing for a field goal win.

I still say it was timid coaching by Garrett and basically said to the team that he didn't have the confidence in them to get the 2 point conversion.

You are going to need a 2-point conversion to at some point to tie with a FG and a TD either way. If you miss the 2-point conversion there, yoiu're forced to try and score 2 TDs, which is highly unlikely. Kicking the PAT keeps you in the game needing a FG and a TD to tie. And in the unlikley event you score 2 TDs after that TD, it doesn't matter anyway whether you get the 2-point conversion or not.

• Options
    edited September 23, 2018 5:02PM

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I just saw a replay of one of Dak's INT's. And I put it on the receiver not Dak. When the QB hits the receivers hands with the ball he did his job. When it pops out of the receivers hands and into the air that is on the receiver.

I'm not ready at all to give up on Dak, but I would trade him for Mahomes! ;)B)

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

You are going to need a 2-point convesion to at some point to tie with a FG and a TD either way. If you miss the 2-point conversion there, yoiu're forced to try and score 2 TDs, which is highly unlikely. Kicking the PAT keeps you in the game needing a FG and a TD to tie. And in the unlikley event you score 2 TDs after that TD, it doesn't matter anyway whether you get the 2-point conversion or not regardless.

The Seahawks defense was obviously spent. The Cowboys gave them a gift only going for that extra point. Then of course Dak gave them an even bigger gift a short time later.

In football, you go for the throat when ya get the chance...Garrett and the Cowboys had that chance, and they blew it.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

why this is a surprise to anyone is beyond me. outside of Zeke, they have a dearth of weapons on offense. because of that, teams focus intently on Zeke. because of that, the offense is going to be stuck in neutral for most of the year. because of that, there is going to be immense pressure on the defense to keep them in games, and that corps is simply not good enough to do so consistently.

the Cowboys are who they are. they are a vanilla team. with vanilla personnel. with a vanilla head coach. with an owner who has been a detriment to the entire organization. all told, that is a recipe to go...........absolutely nowhere.

• Options

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

You are going to need a 2-point convesion to at some point to tie with a FG and a TD either way. If you miss the 2-point conversion there, yoiu're forced to try and score 2 TDs, which is highly unlikely. Kicking the PAT keeps you in the game needing a FG and a TD to tie. And in the unlikley event you score 2 TDs after that TD, it doesn't matter anyway whether you get the 2-point conversion or not regardless.

The Seahawks defense was obviously spent. The Cowboys gave them a gift only going for that extra point. Then of course Dak gave them an even bigger gift a short time later.

In football, you go for the throat when ya get the chance...Garrett and the Cowboys had that chance, and they blew it.

Kicking the PAT had no effect whatsoever on that and if anything illustrated why getting the PAT to keep the game within a TD and a FG was the correct call.

• Options
    edited September 23, 2018 5:18PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I just saw a replay of one of Dak's INT's. And I put it on the receiver not Dak. When the QB hits the receivers hands with the ball he did his job. When it pops out of the receivers hands and into the air that is on the receiver.

I'm not ready at all to give up on Dak, but I would trade him for Mahomes! ;)B)

LOL, sure..

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    why this is a surprise to anyone is beyond me. outside of Zeke, they have a dearth of weapons on offense. because of that, teams focus intently on Zeke. because of that, the offense is going to be stuck in neutral for most of the year. because of that, there is going to be immense pressure on the defense to keep them in games, and that corps is simply not good enough to do so consistently.

the Cowboys are who they are. they are a vanilla team. with vanilla personnel. with a vanilla head coach. with an owner who has been a detriment to the entire organization. all told, that is a recipe to go...........absolutely nowhere.

Who was that bonehead that predicted 10 wins for them again? :p

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

He may have lost a step but Dez Bryant at least posed a threat downfield whereas their best receiver now is who, Cole Beasley?

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Kicking the PAT had no effect whatsoever on that and if anything illustrated why getting the PAT to keep the game within a TD and a FG was the correct call.

Without a doubt, a Bill Belichick goes for 2 in that situation because of the circumstances I mentioned.

A deadhead coach such as Garrett just goes by the book, and winds up languishing in mediocrity.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@galaxy27 said:

He may have lost a step but Dez Bryant at least posed a threat downfield whereas their best receiver now is who, Cole Beasley?

Beasley is probably the possession guy. I would put Williams or Austin as the deep threat guys.....if I had to pick.

• Options
    edited September 23, 2018 5:48PM

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Without a doubt, a Bill Belichick goes for 2 in that situation because of the circumstances I mentioned.

A deadhead coach such as Garrett just goes by the book, and winds up languishing in mediocrity.

If going for 2 gets you within one score, then, yes, absolutely, I'd agree with you, but that was not the case. In this case, the correct call was made to kick the PAT to keep the score within a TD and a FG. It's really not debatable. And without a doubt, Belichick would agree, too, LOL..

• Options

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

In any case the plan has to be to get 2 TD's and you can go for on the second one just as easily if need be

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

If going for 2 gets you within one score, then, yes, absolutely, I'd agree with you, but that was not the case. In this case, the correct call was made to kick the PAT to keep the score within a TD and a FG. It's really not debatable. And without a doubt, Belichick would agree, too, LOL..

Nah...Bill Belichick was never one to languish in mediocrity. ;)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

In any case the plan has to be to get 2 TD's and you can go for on the second one just as easily if need be

Exactly. That was my point all along.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

I agree, but also agree that Garrett is a deadhead coach. I don't know how he keeps his job. Well, actually I do he is a "yes" man unlike Jimmy J who was a great coach and is gone!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

I agree, but also agree that Garrett is a deadhead coach. I don't know how he keeps his job. Well, actually I do he is a "yes" man unlike Jimmy J who was a great coach and is gone!

I don't disagree with your assessment of Garrett in general. I think the Cowboys need to make a change.

• Options

I just saw the year by year Josh Gordon. Anybody hiring him would have to totally insane...….wait a minute ….. crap....that means he will be a Cowboy before the season is over!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Exactly right.

If Jones would have put his giant ego aside for the good of the fans, Jimmy Johnson might still be coaching the Cowboys and in my opinion would have certainly led the Cowboys to more Super Bowl wins, perhaps many more.

Jerry Jones royally screwed up a good thing. And to this day, unless I missed the interview, Jones still won't admit it.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

I don't disagree with your assessment of Garrett in general. I think the Cowboys need to make a change.

garrett is the guy the owner wants . no changes will be made ,

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

garrett is the guy the owner wants . no changes will be made ,

Sad, but true.

• Options

I recently wrote to Jerry, since i am Jerry's biggest fan, and told him to please give Jason Garrett a 25 year extension.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Cowboys don't get in the play-offs, Garrett will be gone at the end of the year, if not before then.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?