Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September acquisitions -- let's do this

13»

Comments

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

15% coupon helped ease the pain on purchasing this one:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Won my fantasy baseball league regular season and playoff championships this year. Got my winnings recently, and a slight eBay bender ensued. Card shopping is never more fun than when it's done with victory money.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    A nice Fall Brees to go with today's cooler temps.

Nice pickups UFFDAH. You got the shiny bug for sure recently.

KC

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat thanks!! I was the winning bidder on a vintage Topps Comic Classic and will share soon. Been waiting for one in high grade to show for a few years now and it finally did.

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple more Heritage pickups...

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

A HOF rookie.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options

@dictoresno said:
    I miss my PSA 10, so got this to hopefully be a review candidate. This has to be the cleanest PSA 9 I've seen in awhile, and much nicer than my current PSA 9 I'm replacing it with (it has corner fray which is a huge eyesore)

Surface.

That might keep it from grading higher.
    Good luck either way.

Retired Disabled Vet (Army). Corps of Engineers.

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    I don't think I posted this. Sometimes a stain is your friend. This replaces a previous 7 that I had. I thought it looked good in the scans and noticed the stain on the back. Was hoping it would look as good as I thought it might and it turned out better. The card is flawless sans the stain (or discoloration, whichever it is) on the back. All 4 corners perfect, edges perfect, looks Mint 9+. This is one of those cards I just leave out on my desk because I want to look at it in-hand every other day. I love this card.

Arthur

Beautiful card! Makes you wonder where or how a stain got there in the first place.

I'd buy that card any day of the week.

• Options

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA Mailday. Again on a Sunday. When I signed for it I asked if he had a second box that had been shipped the same day. He tells me it was to big so I’ll get it tomorrow and I shouldn’t even have got this one today. :/

This one isn’t part of my 70s Sabres run but it’s a player who should get more love from the fans. 10th all time in franchise PTs and 5th in Gs. Unfortunately he’s wearing the all time worst Sabres jersey for his RC.

Kevin

• Options

Not too often you see the same guy 3 times on one card lol.

Just a cool card to have!

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    This one isn’t part of my 70s Sabres run but it’s a player who should get more love from the fans. 10th all time in franchise PTs and 5th in Gs. Unfortunately he’s wearing the all time worst Sabres jersey for his RC.

Was thinking the same thing. Even zombie buffalo is better than that. I feel lucky we have the unis we do today.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Didn't buy a bunch since I subbed quite a few things in Sept, but I did manage to snag a card for my hard signed on college card Heisman collection: