Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September acquisitions -- let's do this

so, i'm a big-time sucker for these supreme gear cards. already had ms. wie's 2/3 in my possession when 3/3 recently surfaced from one of my favorite sellers of golf cards on ebay. after a few short messages, a deal was consummated. 1/3 come out, come out, wherever you are...

photo s-l1600_zpstcy93fmk.jpg

photo img130_zps7ao55rmn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018 3:35PM

Low dollar Roy pickup on a good BIN price.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monte - you are tearing it up with these 60’s unopened packs!

KC

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple additions to my sets arrived this week

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the '64 pack...arrived August 31 from the National.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also arriving from the National was this 1st series 1963 cello pack. I like the centering on the top card!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Just sniped this one on eBay.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Van Brocklin is fantastic!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 9:43AM

@UFFDAH said:
    This vintage beauty arrived today. To me an all time iconic Rookie Football card with a great image, color and design!!

Sweet pickup. The colors just pop on that card and the centering is outstanding as well. Congrats.

• Options

Wow! I need to get your budget :) great pickup on the NVB rookie!

KC

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys on the Van Brocklin !! Its a POP six 8.5 with five 9's and no 10's. Special 67 year old HOF card for sure and undervalued in my opinion.

• Options

Hard to get a better card than that one. Centering looks dead on, awesome color, white borders. Guess is one of the bottom corners is the only thing keeping it from being a 9. That is a great card and pickup. Makes me want to do some football cards.

KC

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

All aboard the Mookie train, next stop: October baseball!

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 7:03PM

I must say, Rory was thoroughly impressed with mike lowell's sage advice on how to properly break up with a hot girl before moving on to a new one. So much so that he asked I please repost this card in hopes that CU's resident relationships czar will once again crawl out of the woodwork. Because when the veritable Dr. Phil of professional golf speaks, those are the types of indispensable nuggets that absolutely no one can live without.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy wins the award for most original introduction to a card.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

ill do some scans as soon as can.. ripped some packs and pulled out some errors and a picked up a 1994 classic manon rheaume

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple more Heritage autos. The Kaline and Berra will be sent to PSA soon, hopefully they will cross to a 10.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff! I always enjoy the monthly pick up threads. The cool thing about his hobby is we all have our individual focus and dollars we can spend but we enjoy what we purchase all the same.

Daniel
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been on a bit of a kick picking up some early Phil Mickelson autos and have always loved these Norstan/Dayton's challenge programs that include perforated cards. Using the sellers pics rather than messing with the perforations any further. Phil and Tim Herron on the front ...

and all 12 cards signed including those two again, Vijay, Payne Stewart, Tom Kite, and more ...

• Options

these are the error cards i pulled from packs.. and the classic rheaume
    1) wrong year (11997) .. seems to have been a time traveller --

2: shifted stats

3: Manon Rheaume

• Options

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

One thing Ive learned on these boards is that its never a good idea to follow UFFDAH on any "new acquisitions" thread.....but here goes nothing! Busy week last week after a pretty slow summer.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options

@JKT - I like those Trout!! Been chasing a few myself. Keep Em' Coming!! I still hunt the Vintage but modern is fun too!!

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 6:22PM

Someone needs to tell Uffdah that just because it is a September acquisition thread it does not require that he has to buy a card every day of the month :D Great stuff and keep them coming.

KC

• Options
    justrun7justrun7 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Back from PSA today.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the latest creations from Jeffrey (allifaxwa2)... in the T3 size.
    Getting them slabbed on Saturday at the Long Beach Expo.

Really nice!

What will they charge to authenticate and slab in a T3 size holder?

Please post when you get them back.

Mike
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Here are the latest creations from Jeffrey (allifaxwa2)... in the T3 size.
    Getting them slabbed on Saturday at the Long Beach Expo.

Really nice!

What will they charge to authenticate and slab in a T3 size holder?

Please post when you get them back.

Just sent them in.... it depends on the auto, but it was an additional $20 each for the jumbo holder.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx.

Mike
  • Options

Other than submitting my autos to get slabbed..I had a nice conversation with Randy Cook who always has a great collection of Ruth memorabilia. Ended up picking up the below from his table:

As a fan of both, it was cool to be able to pick up "pieces" of history.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

A Big Mac and some red labels

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

I went to an estate sale today that my brother called me about... I arrived this morning to see boxes and boxes of cards... I guess the home owner was a hoarder. Since the estate sale had been going on since Friday, I think that the cards had somewhat been picked through, but I was able to find a complete set of 1993 Topps and a box of 1993 Topps Series 2, which I picked up for a whopping $5. I wish I had more time to spend there, but it's fall ball season for my boys, so I only spent around 15 minutes speeding through the cards.
    Out of the cards I got the Jeter, a few nice Ryans, Hoffmans, Chipper Jones, and Mike Piazza's.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 hall of famers.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options

just picked up some rack packs from walmart tonight and pulled a few nice cards
    Schwarber #13/25
    Bellinger #1430/2018
    Trout Topps chrome
    Ohtani RC Topps chrome

• Options

picked up a nice team signed photo : 1964 toronto maple leaf baseball with 17 sigs including Sparky Anderson

• Options
    edited September 13, 2018 12:36PM

KD Rookie back from PSA Auto Grading

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of cards I got.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the most recent additions to my collection. The 56 Irvin is for my 56 HOF set that will never be completed. The 59 All Star cards are my first for that AS set. The other two cards are just additions to the collection.