Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Thank you back road that alot more than the bullions started but then were talking about proofs. If I remember the price of the bullions starting were about 800 to 900 right? Thursday we will know for sure at 8 am my time zone!

Yeah, as I stated previously, the bullion started out about $100-125 over spot.

That's why a $425 premium over spot for the proof is ridiculous.

But I'm still on the fence for Thursday. It may be a last minute decision like the 2015 plat proof...

Of course, if I get one, I may get it graded, which would mean I could send in those Mac Brasses... :D

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Backroad looks like I was off they were just over $1000.00 depending on who you ordered from. I posted some Pre Sale prices on 9-21 of 2017.

• Options
    edited September 2, 2018 3:34PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Gluggo said:
    Thank you back road that alot more than the bullions started but then were talking about proofs. If I remember the price of the bullions starting were about 800 to 900 right? Thursday we will know for sure at 8 am my time zone!

Yeah, as I stated previously, the bullion started out about $100-125 over spot.

That's why a $425 premium over spot for the proof is ridiculous.

But I'm still on the fence for Thursday. It may be a last minute decision like the 2015 plat proof...

Of course, if I get one, I may get it graded, which would mean I could send in those Mac Brasses... :D

Whoops! $100-$125 was the premium over spot the Mint charged the Authorized dealers. The cost of the coin initially to the public (and the tertiary market) was someplace about $150-$200 over spot.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2018 7:07PM

@Gluggo said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

The bullion started at more like 1200

Normally I would agree except I have some PDF's I saved as I do this on all coins I buy for reference. I am looking at dated 9/21/2017 First Strike 2017 PCGS MS70's 25$ Palladiums for $1,181 / Check wire and CC/Pay Pal at $1,230.42 from APMEX. and
    I have another PDF from MCM dated 9/21/2017 about 11 to 12 options the losest NGC MS70 Early Release @ $1,199.00 and the highest First Strike PCGS flag label at $1,209.00 and looks like they have a roll of 10 bullion for $10,890 or as low at $10,568 so thats between $1089.00 and 1056.00 so I guess your 1200 is close. But maybe that price was after the rise which was by the hour as I remember. I just wish I knew how to post PDF's here. Maybe I can vert to JPG, I will try that.

Ohhh Look at the APMEX it list the bullion by it self at $1036.19 probably pre sale.

I am going to guess the pre Sale is going to pop up any day maybe Monday?, Tuesday?, Wednesday? or Thursday? Who Knows.

The mint sold them to the APs at $1000. They were never available under "$1000" on the street.

• Options
    edited September 2, 2018 8:06PM

I never bought any of the Raw ones, but I did buy the graded ones and sold every last one of them. Even my beloved UGLY Green Philly labeled one. :'(

• Options
    edited September 2, 2018 8:09PM

Here is one if the list price is $1337.50 How is is that Bullion Exchange is selling theirs for $1,825.00? That is a BIG Mark up!
    5 sold with limited availabilities they state.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-W-1-oz-Proof-Palladium-American-Eagle-25-Coin-w-Box-COA-/153158565027?oid=123324895330

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:
    you just need different mailing addresses, correct? they don't check the bill to address?

Unless things have changed in the last year, the Mint was rather wise to multiple emails and addresses by card acct. Shipping address had to match card address.

Correction: Shipping ZIP CODE had to match card zip code. You know how sometimes when you get gas, it asks for you to enter your zip? Same principal.

• Options

(Yes, I'm quoting myself...)

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Gluggo said:
    Is $1337.50 the real price that the Mint put their Palladium coin on sale for us? Do we really know this or is this just a general with-in 50 buck price? TYIA

ALSO Has MCM, APMEX or any of the other Big Boys announced the PCGS or NGC 70's Price yet on these?

$1337.50 will be the price if spot averages between $900-$950, which it pretty much has all August.

But, of course, with the coin going on sale Thrusday, spot has been in the 950-$1000 range. If the average spot doesn't fall below about $935 on Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll be looking at a price of $1387.50 on Thursday.

Correction. It might be an American holiday, but they're still trading overseas, so it might be (and probably is) the average of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that has to be below about $935, which without the U.S. market today might be difficult.

It's ultimately looking like the price may be $1387.50. :'(

Of course, the Mint is free to open sales lower, if they wish. And that's wishful thinking. :)

(Thinking back, we got deals twice (the RP Buff and '15 Plat proof?) where the price fell the week before sales started, so I guess what goes around...)

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:
    you just need different mailing addresses, correct? they don't check the bill to address?

Unless things have changed in the last year, the Mint was rather wise to multiple emails and addresses by card acct. Shipping address had to match card address.

Correction: Shipping ZIP CODE had to match card zip code...

I'm not looking to start trouble, but maybe you're mistaken: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12081297/#Comment_12081297

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:

Correction: Shipping ZIP CODE had to match card zip code. You know how sometimes when you get gas, it asks for you to enter your zip? Same principal.

Still not true. I ship to work using a credit card with my home address. Two different zips

• Options
    edited September 3, 2018 4:40AM

Maybe the credit card zip code must match the billing address?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

Pre-sales are high. Might get a few...

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Pardon my ignorance but with the platinum/palladium/gold orders there is an upgrade to "Expedited shipping". Is this still UPS and the only difference being 2 day instead of ground? I can't sign for a package during the day....

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let the Mint's 'sexy' bullion games begin.

Will be watching from the sidelines.

Good luck to all forum members.

• Options
    edited September 4, 2018 4:07AM

@BigA said:
    Pardon my ignorance but with the platinum/palladium/gold orders there is an upgrade to "Expedited shipping". Is this still UPS and the only difference being 2 day instead of ground? I can't sign for a package during the day....

You can do next day air (also UPS). But any method will require signature.

You might consider changing the shipping address to someone who can sign for it.

• Options

@COCollector said:

@jwitten said:

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:

I'm not looking to start trouble, but maybe you're mistaken: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12081297/#Comment_12081297

I'm not sure what your point was with the link?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@jwitten said:

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:

Still not true. I ship to work using a credit card with my home address. Two different zips

So I have a Visa I use for the mint. I also have an American Express but with the same home address will they let me buy it twice? Not really saying I am but just wondering thats all.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we need a thread devoted to beating the HHL's! SHHHHH
    I've tried many ways over the years and the only real solution has been different cc's, Mint accts, and billing/shipping addresses. If someone has a foolproof solution please either post or PM me!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2018 9:04PM

@jwitten said:

@COCollector said:

@jwitten said:

@Akbeez said:

@dmwest said:

I'm not sure what your point was with the link?

Wondercoin edited/deleted his post that I linked to. So I can't quote him exactly.

But the point I got was that the shipping address need not be the same as the billing address. And presumably the credit card address could likewise be different from the shipping address.

But I don't have experience. Which was why I quoted Wondercoin's now-deleted post -- it mentioned his many years of success with a different-address scenario.

My apologies to Wondercoin if I committed a breach of etiquette. And apologies to all if I confused or mislead anyone.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coc.. all good. I just edited that BST post because it was meant to be a PM to that specific board member.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Well, crap. Since I'm on the fence, I've been following palladium spot...

Average for the first three days has been about $978. That means Palladium will need to fall to $904 (or less) today and tomorrow to average $949.

Palladium is in a free fall right now, but I don't think it's going to fall to the $900 level.

So it's looking very probably that this coin's going to cost $1,387.50. :(

• Options

You can do next day air (also USPS). But any method will require signature.

Yup...but when sent USPS I can pick it up anytime after day one without going through the missed three days and then a hold wherever. Can I choose USPS? I thought it was the Mints' choice.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give me a two day countdown. Tick, tick, tick.....

There better not be any scratches on that Palladium....

• Options

@BigA said:

You can do next day air (also USPS). But any method will require signature.

Yup...but when sent USPS I can pick it up anytime after day one without going through the missed three days and then a hold wherever. Can I choose USPS? I thought it was the Mints' choice.

Should be ups. Not sure why my phone changed it. Personally, I hate UPS. Not convenient. You can try calling customer service.

• Options

Thanks....I will...AFTER the order is placed ;)

• Options

@BigA said:
    Thanks....I will...AFTER the order is placed ;)

Couple years back did and they changed the designation so I could forward it to a UPS store for pick up

• Options
    edited September 4, 2018 12:58PM

What the heck NO Pre Orders on PCGS or NGC 70's Palladiums from MCM or APMEX? Were 48 hours away from take off! :(:(:(

Out of Stock! Out of Stock! Out of Stock!
    https://www.apmex.com/search?q=2018 palladium

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/featured/coming-soon/

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many minutes before they are gone?

I say 12 minutes... :#

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    How many minutes before they are gone?

I say 12 minutes... :#

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't care who you are. I love numismatic whores. :blush:

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cannot compare the 2017 BU to the 2018 Proof because the packing is different. Yield was under 70% in 2017 and demand was below the set qty set to sell this year. Margin will drop quick so I would not try to get too greedy.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Hopefully long enough for me to get my 5...

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 3:01PM

I'm going a little longer because of the single house hold limit. 20 minutes.

Palladium actually closed $2 higher at 979/989

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

Palladium actually closed $2 higher at 978/989

If they sell out in 20 minutes how are the big boys going to get theirs or do they have thousands ready to order?

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@Kudbegud said:

If they sell out in 20 minutes how are the big boys going to get theirs or do they have thousands ready to order?

The big boys have their Sixers lined up to order them for them....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@Kudbegud said:

Did you not note nurmaler abed wondercoin soliciting coins right here?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

@Kudbegud said:

Did you not note nurmaler abed wondercoin soliciting coins right here?

I seen that and I hope he does well. If he is listening I might be interested on a going rate of a PCGS FDOI FS Black Label 70! :p

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

This should be the first real test in a long time of the mints ordering system. See if I can get one before the site locks up.

• Options

@cruisersk1 said:
    This should be the first real test in a long time of the mints ordering system. See if I can get one before the site locks up.

I don't know if I'd say that. They processed far more orders for recent sets like the reverse proof than they are going to get here.

• Options

Palladium will have to close at less than $850 today to keep the average below $949, so we can probably fix the price at $1,387.50...

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this? https://pfsbuyersclub.com/Info/CurrentDeal

Thoughts?

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

I see @jwitten. I did however think it was interesting that someone was trying to entice people to get the coin from the mint and quickly sell it for $50 more so that they could presumably turn it around and make even more profit on it.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

@CoinPhysicist said:
    I see @jwitten. I did however think it was interesting that someone was trying to entice people to get the coin from the mint and quickly sell it for $50 more so that they could presumably turn it around and make even more profit on it.

If you look back in this thread, there are some offering more than $50.

I think they're on the BST now. But $50 seems to be a lowball offer on this coin...

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

Palladium actually closed $2 higher at 979/989

I'm thinking in the 15 to 20 minute range as well.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

A no brainer homerun for those wishing to make a quick profit, even at these lofty premiums. They're going to the moon right now on Ebay presales. In the long run, they will probably follow the path of other celebrated US Mint releases. So best to get in, get out...and then get something you really want!
    But like Nathaniel Hawthorne said, "Coins are always rising and falling in America..." or something like that.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@cruisersk1 said:

I don't know if I'd say that. They processed far more orders for recent sets like the reverse proof than they are going to get here.

I don't think anyone thought the reverse proofs would sell out right away so there wasn't as big of a rush right at noon to get one. With only 15000 of these and people offering up to $200 to buy one and sell it to them, I am thinking this will be a higher load on the site for those first 5-10 minutes. Maybe they have a better system in place now. We will see in about 24 hours.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alarm set for 5:35 am as usual

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file