Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@northcoin

Your doing or did the PACRIM island countries vacation?

Awesome!

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2019 11:18AM

@Hemispherical said:
    @northcoin

Awesome!

Thanks.

Something like that. Ship, train and miles and miles of walking. (10 miles alone one day in Kyoto that included the 1000 Tori Gate climb to the top of Mt. Inari,)

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

@northcoin Great pictures!!!

• Surprising!

@northcoin said:

@Hemispherical said:
    @northcoin

Awesome!

Thanks.

Something like that. Ship, train and miles and miles of walking. (10 miles alone one day in Kyoto that included the 1000 Tori Gate climb to the top of Mt. Inari,)

I see in posting the Kyoto views I failed to include ones with Sakura. Here are two from the trek up the Tori Gate lined Inari Mountain with a view above Inari Shrine looking down on Kyoto as well as several from Kiyomizu Shrine:

@northcoin

What an awesome view! Away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Aways hard to portray peacefulness and tranquility in a pic but those did it. Thanks!

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Taken 5 min. ago. :)

Here is a friend ... as captured along the trail on my recent trek up Kyoto's Inari Mountain.

Tulips! :)

Tulips and coins!

Awesome!

edited April 29, 2019 4:52AM

I’m watching you 👀

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have some images of the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin in DC? I grew up in the area and have not been back to DC in 29 years. Oops, I forgot we have the Internet these days.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate sewing..!

Very cool live cam of the Eagles!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's feeding here babies now.

https://youtu.be/5b2dUgK6VV4****

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

@Insider2 said:
    Anyone have some images of the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin in DC? I grew up in the area and have not been back to DC in 29 years. Oops, I forgot we have the Internet these days.

Perpetual cherry blossom display. Can be used in the event of a power failure and no internet.

Buy the print and tape to the computer screen when the power goes out. :D:)

https://catalog.usmint.gov/cherry-blossom-engraved-print-B46002.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

• jafo50jafo50 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:
    Cloud forest caterpillar in Costa Rica. It's about TEN inches in length, and you do NOT want to touch the fuzzy parts. The fuzzy bits won't kill you, but they'll make you want to chop off your hand. It's a long lasting severe sting.

That's a good reason to travel with bug spray

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

edited May 1, 2019 11:29PM

@northcoin said:

@northcoin said:

@Hemispherical said:
    @northcoin

Awesome!

Thanks.

I see in posting the Kyoto views I failed to include ones with Sakura. Here are two from the trek up the Tori Gate lined Inari Mountain with a view above Inari Shrine looking down on Kyoto as well as several from Kiyomizu Shrine:

Adding a few more in conjunction with the Emperor Akihito's abdication today as he steps down as the Emperor of Japan. Of particular note contrast the photo I took of then Prince Akihito 50 years ago when he visited Kanazawa's Kenrokukoen with the TV screen shot photos of him visiting the sacred Shinto Shrines in the equally secluded forest located in Ise Japan just a few weeks ago.

First here are several photos I took back in 1968 and 1969 which I will then contrast with photos taken this past month at the same locations. The two locations are first, steps leading up to the botanical gardens near the Fukuoka Zoo's entrance in Fukuoka Japan and second, photos I took (and which were taken of me) in Kanazawa Japan's Kenrokukoen, one of Japan's three most famous gardens.

Now here are my photos taken at the same locations in Fukuoka and Kanazawa last month, five decades later:

And these are photos of relevance to the Emperor Akihito stepping down today. The first is a repeat of one I took of Akihito when he was still a Prince. In the photo situated in Kanazawa's Kenrokukoen he is seen waving in my direction. Compare it to the Japanese TV screen shot taken in conjunction with his present abdication wherein he is also seen waving. The TV screen shots were of Akihito as Japan's Emperor as he traveled to Ise Japan to visit his family's ancestral shrine there to report to the Sun Goddess Diety from whom all of Japan's Emperors are claimed to have been descended.

And here is the Emperor's family shrine in Ise Japan as I photographed it last month compared to the same location as seen in the Japanese TV screen shots taken on the subsequent visit by the Emperor:

• RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cornet that Bix Beiderbecke played and owned at the Bix Museum in now flooded Davenport, Iowa.

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
    edited May 2, 2019 10:39AM

Added are additional views within the aforementioned Kenrokukoen located in Kanazawa, Japan from my recent revisit there after the some five decades following my having photographed the now abdicated Emperor Akihito there. Kenrokukoen is universally recognized as one of Japan's three most beautiful gardens.

Note, in the fifth photo below the fountain seen on the right is the oldest fountain in Japan and the water gushes upward naturally from water pressure created by the location of another small lake at a higher level in the garden. The garden itself was first created as a part of the Kanazawa Castle grounds in the 1600s by the ruling Maeda clan represented by the warlord depicted in the below pictured statue.

Great pictures this week. :) I love the Japanese pictures!
    Happy Friday!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file