Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Friday!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.

@1northcoin said:
    Friday arrives as Thanksgiving concludes and the signs of Christmas ahead emerge.

Maybe because I was a kid, gingerbread men tasted much better in the 50's than they do now.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unusual looking Kennedy Half Dollar.

2014 W Reverse Proof

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:

Reminds of the floats unique to Japan's Aomori Nebuta Festival on northern Honshu.

Had to reread that twice. The first time I thought two small diamonds had been used to purchase an amethyst ring.

Must have picked up some tips from Santa on how to survive dropping into chimneys with coals still burning..

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

^ Did they also paint the foundation walls with a black waterproof coating before applying the rigid blue waterproof backing?

Can never have too much waterproofing.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    ^ Did they also paint the foundation walls with a black waterproof coating before applying the rigid blue waterproof backing?

Can never have too much waterproofing.

Excellent question. While I missed seeing the application of the rigid blue waterproof backing, I did go back and locate some close-up photos with the backing in place. It appears that there is a barrier of some sort between the rigid blue waterproof backing and the foundation walls. If not painted it appears to be something akin to tarpaper which may well be in addition to painted waterproofing.

@1northcoin said:
    Friday arrives as Thanksgiving concludes and the signs of Christmas ahead emerge.

Pictured - Assembly of the annual holiday gingerbread village begins to take shape under the direction of the head baker and master craftsman:

And a piece of the just baked assembly is accepted from the pastry artist for tasting evidencing a Tootsie Roll taste with the texture of a soft graham cracker.

After a week, the Gingerbread Village nears completion as the Master Chef puts on the finishing touches:

And delicious chocolate frosted freshly baked gingerbread broken roof pieces are offered by the pastry artist to the lucky spectators:

edited December 3, 2021 2:29AM

Added Christmas decor ready for the guests:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 , @1northcoin …it looks like they wrapped the foundation in ice and water barrier. That stuff isn’t cheap. I put in on my entire roof when I stripped it down 2 years ago.

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Floating quarter trick

Mr_Spud

edited December 3, 2021 9:23AM

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dad’s coins !

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    My grandson the future scientist. :D

>

His huge smile is priceless :)

Leave a Comment