Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    If you remember elevator operators you're old enough to collect Social Security.

So I asked her "When do you get off?" And she replied "Rarely" o:)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2021 7:07PM

@DNADave said:
    Freeloader showed up on my porch.

Stray animals make so good pets cause they are appreciative and thankful - It's gotta be horrible being tossed out on the street and you never know when your next meal or drink will be, if ever...........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• goldengolden Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:
    At San Diego Safari Park recently:

It is good to take nap after lunch. :)

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Friday has arrived.

Here are some selected photos taken yesterday on a five mile hike along the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe.

(One can not help but reflect how a debt of gratitude is owed to the forest fire fighters whose efforts this year have preserved the landscape near the shores of Lake Tahoe despite the damage to its environs,)

Granite granite everywhere - future NU geology maj in the pic? ;)

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Bob Dylan - Hurricane 1975 [Live]
    https://youtu.be/pm6xCwNKtnQ

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• goldengolden Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    From earlier today:

It is a very nice Capital. I have been inside every state Capital except Alaska and Hawaii. The Hawaii state Capital was closed when we were there in 1998. Still trying to get to Alaska.

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brrrrr

• SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2021 9:00AM

Random pic of a comic book I just bought I'm going to have graded, MK Gold Foil!

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@silverpop said:
    a old black and white photo of my dad when he was younger

Miss the hell out my dad! 😭 He's my profile pic.

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

Nice. Also good luck on the comic book grade.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Photos from this Saturday's returned annual "Gold Rush Live" event held at the site of Sutter Mill where gold was discovered in 1848. For the event a gold rush era town is recreated with period actors who remain in character.

First, here are photos of the Sutter Mill site itself and the American River waters that fed it:

Pictured here are the distant hills from where the gold originated before it was deposited into the river followed by a view looking downstream where the Sutter Mill had been positioned midway on the left bank:

Now photos, as we experienced it, of the "Gold Rush Live" event itself that is held here adjacent to the Sutter Mill site once each year:

And yes, there is still gold to be found in the waters of the South Fork American River there in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California:

33 pictures! Really, c'mon man, this is excessive.

The thread is called 'random picture Friday', not 'random roll Wednesday'.

Bolton Massachusetts

• AnnWAnnW Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

Your pictures from the Cal capitol and Sutter's Mill brought back a lot of fun memories. We lived in Sacramento for a few years--my husband is originally from the area--and we did a lot of hiking up in the Folsom Lake area. Didn't do any gold panning up there, but it would been fun.

One of my fun memories of hiking up there in the late-90s was I was a bit of a daredevil at the time (still am) and started to climb up this really high, somewhat sheer boulder. There were a bunch of vultures sitting at the top and they started doing that thing where they bob their heads side-to-side and make a bunch of horrible noises. They were extremely interested in what I was doing. No doubt hoping I'd fall, maybe break a leg if they were lucky and perhaps that other noisy, large primate waving its arms at the bottom of the boulder would leave and they would have a nice feast.

As I climbed up the rock my husband yelled, "Come down from there. If you won't listen to me, even the vultures think you are going to fall and they're the experts!"

"Experts" has been a bit of an inside joke between us ever since.

edited October 14, 2021 11:15PM

A few of my favorites taken in Japan during 2019 before the international travel restrictions.

The first castle photo is of Himeji Castle and its pictured walkway duplicates the location of a scene in the 1967 James Bond film "You Only Live Twice." (The Himeji Castle was used as the set location for the Ninja School in the movie.)

The preceding two photos are of the giant Tori off Miyajima Island near Hiroshima and the sunset castle gate photo is in Kanazawa and the pictured pearl diver is off Mikimoto Isand near Ise, Japan.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'll eat my hat right here in the shade. Hoagie style.

Good hat @emeraldATV

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2021 12:09PM

Mr_Spud

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2021 12:48PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Joey. Look what hangs out around here. Cousins

Lol. Yes, he/she looks like my daughter's cat, Hoppus. Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file