Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 6:09PM

@1northcoin said:

@renman95 said:
    I had to drive to Honolulu to have my 'VIN' checked even though I had a document from Colorado verifying it; one of several unwritten items to get this station wagon registered and plated - it took two months.

Now she's legal to hit the streets.

I saw a Woody wagon at an auto show in Honolulu several years ago, Were you displaying it then?

No, this is a recent purchase - last Summer/Fall. Edited to add, just saw the other photo of the '49 Olds. Nice wagon too. There's another 'woodie' owner three blocks from me, he's got a 1940 Plymouth and my mechanic has a 1949 Chevy woodie - an odd bird, should be all steel frame but still has wood in many places where the later models to do not. The Chevy is in the paint shop,....so maybe soon we can start an Oahu Woodie Club with our three cars. ;-)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 6:52PM

HAPPY FRIDAY!

At Home, eating my dinner. Well, actually it's my lunch from work. I came home early! CRH Weekend. :D

If you have good eyes

Notice on the bottom of the picture. Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 11:00PM

And just for fun I just put together this little collection of Russian Nesting Dolls inspired by the photo accompanying them that I had taken in Moscow. The two recently acquired sets feature scenes from Moscow and Saint Petersburg respectively and thus serve as pleasant reminders of memorable past travels to both places back when that was still possible pre-COVID.

• thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 5:23PM

Pioneer Church - Chatsworth, CA.
    L.A. Historical Monument 14. Located at 22601 Lassen Street. The Oakwood Memorial Park or Pioneer Church was built in 1903 and is the oldest public building in Chatsworth. It is one of the few New England architectures left in Southern California.

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
    edited February 27, 2021 6:45PM

CRH on Hold...

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Admittedly it is now Saturday, but today's earthquake didn't arrive until this morning. At 5.3 it didn't even trigger the earthquake alarm on my quake app with its 6.0 threshold, but due to its close proximity we got "all shook up" with a strong jolt and rumbling.

It toppled vases, shifted hanging pictures and tipped over plates at our place.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeronomoe !

• 1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

@1Mike1 said:
    This arrived Saturday. Now I can search quarters while being entertained. :)

Nice find.

Curious, as to the above posted snow sculptures does anyone have a favorite? Had to leave town before I could learn which one(s) won the competition.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Curious, as to the above posted snow sculptures does anyone have a favorite? Had to leave town before I could learn which one(s) won the competition.

I guess I like the 'pearl' in the oyster shells

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

. Geils Band Reunion | On Monday 22nd of May 2006
    On Monday 22nd of May 2006, Valerie Klein organized a surprise 60th birthday bash for husband Danny Klein

at the Scullers Jazz Club, Boston, MA. All six original members of the J. Geils Band played together for the first time since 1983.
    https://youtu.be/_BmQdmOsykg

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

@1630Boston said:

@1northcoin said:

I guess I like the 'pearl' in the oyster shells

Beautiful in its simplicity.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dusk tonight.

Just can't get myself to throw these boxes away! Lol. Except the plastic PCGS boxes.

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Curious, as to the above posted snow sculptures does anyone have a favorite?

Although I don't know what the heck it is, the one where your family is pictured taking a selfie.

@1Mike1 said:

@1northcoin said:

@Tom147 said:

@1northcoin said:
    Curious, as to the above posted snow sculptures does anyone have a favorite?

Although I don't know what the heck it is, the one where your family is pictured taking a selfie.

Hard to disagree with either of those. Actually it is not my family pictured but I learned after the fact what the strange sculpture was.

I am informed it is a depiction of the internet app game “Among Us,”. Apparently during COVID lockdown it became the most popular of internet app games.

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see things slowly getting back to normal, I'll be glad to be able to travel again.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

I am informed it is a depiction of the internet app game “Among Us,”. Apparently during COVID lockdown it became the most popular of internet app games.

Thank you for the explanation. I've heard of it but never played it.

OK, so I'm grabbing a straw in this on.....
    "My soda's stuck in the vending machine"

Senior. Play ball ?

I do actually see the soda can in that one @emeraldATV :)

@markelman1125
    What was your inspiration for that model, looks great, look a little like Boston with the CITCO sign. :)

Nice Stream nice bike.
    The trout love to rest in those pools.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file