Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool pictures!

• IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    @paradisefound
    0.49 model engines.
    I collect weird things...

WOW! With the "Spring" starter intact. When I was 13, I spent many hours flying a P51 Mustang replica model plane in endless circles. The fun would end when the glow plug burned out. I still have scars on my index finger from having to "finger start" that engine when the spring starter would break. Thanks for reminding me of the fond memories. :)

unus multorum
  • IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    @paradisefound
    0.49 model engines.

Ooops! Forgot the link of an example but mine was from the 60's....

https://ebay.com/itm/Cox-Invasion-P51Sweet-Cindy-brand-new-in-the-original-shrink-wrappingl-mint-1981/283305139755?hash=item41f64d5e2b:g:VXUAAOSwi6dcFTN5

unus multorum
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 12:35AM

Well since it is now officially Friday in most of the U.S. here is a companion shot to the one posted above. Besides Denali which is the highest mountain in North America, the second tallest mountain in the Alaska Range, Mount Foraker, is also lit by the setting sun. Both mountains are positioned some 130 miles distant from where I took the photo. Mount Foraker is to the left of Denali.

An added point of trivia, while Denali is the highest mountain in North America, Foraker qualifies as the third highest peak in the United States. Anyone have a guess as to what mountain is the second highest in the United States?

If this were a "Car Talk" Puzzler, one could add that the same mountain is actually the second highest in two different countries and the other country also gets to claim having the second highest mountain in North America.

For an added challenge, I'll bet someone here could come up with photos of coins having one or more of the above mountains prominently featured - and no, Pikes Peak is not in the running.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

just thinking in color

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice legs....on the tree.:)

Great pictures!

Happy Friday!

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 12:12PM

Paws-Up...Stone...Cold...Chillin!!!!!! ;)

Mexican and Canadian currency my brother gave me for Christmas:
    beautiful notes

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@northcoin said:
    ...An added point of trivia, while Denali is the highest mountain in North America, Foraker qualifies as the third highest peak in the United States. Anyone have a guess as to what mountain is the second highest in the United States?

If this were a "Car Talk" Puzzler, one could add that the same mountain is actually the second highest in two different countries and the other country also gets to claim having the second highest mountain in North America...

Being both a geography and a Car Talk geek I had to look it up. The second highest peak in both the US and Canada is Mount Saint Elias at 18,009 feet. For good measure, I looked up the highest peak in Mexico, which turns out to be Pico de Orizaba at 18,491, which makes it the third largest peak in North America after Denali in the US and Mount Logan in Canada.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    This was in my change at the grocery story tonight. Not a big hit, but rarely do I get any silver in change anymore.

Circ silver are always awesome finds!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Havana, Cuba!

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

registration is everything

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 10:47PM

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
    edited January 18, 2019 11:21PM

@northcoin said:
    Well since it is now officially Friday in most of the U.S. here is a companion shot to the one posted above. Besides Denali which is the highest mountain in North America, the second tallest mountain in the Alaska Range, Mount Foraker, is also lit by the setting sun. Both mountains are positioned some 130 miles distant from where I took the photo. Mount Foraker is to the left of Denali.

An added point of trivia, while Denali is the highest mountain in North America, Foraker qualifies as the third highest peak in the United States. Anyone have a guess as to what mountain is the second highest in the United States?

If this were a "Car Talk" Puzzler, one could add that the same mountain is actually the second highest in two different countries and the other country also gets to claim having the second highest mountain in North America.

For an added challenge, I'll bet someone here could come up with photos of coins having one or more of the above mountains prominently featured - and no, Pikes Peak is not in the running.

No one up to the challenge?

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@ECHOES said:
    @paradisefound
    0.49 model engines.

Smell that?
    I love the smell of model engine fuel in the morning!
    I really do love that smell, and it has been a long time

You might like the smell of a RB211 or PW4060 after shutdown. It’s surely no good for your health but standing there taking a peak into the fan bypass aft of the T/R translating cowl sure smells good.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 12:54AM

Getting ready to go out in the snow.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, That dog has an indignant look like, " Are you really putting shoes on my paws?"

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:

@mapleman said:

Arches NP

It’s been almost 2 years since my trip there. It was amazing. Here’s my shot of Balanced Rock at nighttime.

I took mine in Sept. 18 looks like quite a bit of fall & erosion since your shot. One wonders how much longer before toppling?

Here_ Kitty, Kitty_

Awesome pictures everybody!!!

Awesome pictures everybody!!!

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 9:39PM

Knock it off. It's not Friday anymore.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

:p

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@northcoin said:

@northcoin said:

No one up to the challenge?

I guess up in the great white north you must be going snow blind. ;) I answered your question about 10 posts before you reposted your original post. Take a look.

edited January 21, 2019 1:47AM

@SkyMan said:

@northcoin said:
    ...An added point of trivia, while Denali is the highest mountain in North America, Foraker qualifies as the third highest peak in the United States. Anyone have a guess as to what mountain is the second highest in the United States?

If this were a "Car Talk" Puzzler, one could add that the same mountain is actually the second highest in two different countries and the other country also gets to claim having the second highest mountain in North America...

Being both a geography and a Car Talk geek I had to look it up. The second highest peak in both the US and Canada is Mount Saint Elias at 18,009 feet. For good measure, I looked up the highest peak in Mexico, which turns out to be Pico de Orizaba at 18,491, which makes it the third largest peak in North America after Denali in the US and Mount Logan in Canada.

Thanks Skyman. Not sure how I missed this the first time, but did recall your excellent Godzilla post. Expect to be in Tokyo in the near future. Can you identify the location?

(I guess the mountain pictured coin "challenge" remains open though...)

edited January 21, 2019 2:00AM

OK, and here are some sequential pictures from last night's full lunar eclipse. I was surprised that my iPhone was able to capture the Blood Red of the "Super Blood Wolf Moon" as visible in the first two.

@northcoin said:
    OK, and here are some sequential pictures from last night's full lunar eclipse. I was surprised that my iPhone was able to capture the Blood Red of the "Super Blood Wolf Moon" as visible in the first two.

No pictures, but I saw the blood red moon last night, so incredibly cool to see!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file