Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

51 bids on this turd.......................

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 2:16PM

Oh come on - even I can figure out that one is fake!

The interesting thing to me is that the eagle is very well done but the lettering was done by a child. I wonder if they have punches with certain design elements that they use separately to make the die/mold.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the photos has an s mm.

• Options
    TomaToma Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 2:37PM

The picture you posted has a CC mm but if you check all of the photos on the listing you'll notice he uploaded a coin with an S mm. Ironically the S mm coin seems to be real and by flipping between the two photos even a novice can easily tell that the CC coin is a fake. The star makes me happy.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    One of the photos has an s mm.

Yes, the dumb ass a has thing with an "S" in the mink mark spot.

If you are going to sell "a rare key date - Nice Quality" the least you can do is get the photos right.

But his case, the whole thing is a disaster.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the seller is from Morocco with no transactions in over a year and never sold anything, and now is selling 3 things at once? maybe hacked account

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 2:56PM

Stevie Wonder could tell it's fakaroo. The stars look like spurs.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wont last long, (at least is shouldn't). When it gets posted here it usually goes bye bye quick. Reported!!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder how many of the bidders have been sold the Brooklyn Bridge...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is one of the worst CC fakes I have seen ,,, and it still gets multiple bids. Abandon all hope ...

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 4:57PM

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

ebay seller:
    richardwilson5

Item location:
    portland, Oregon, United States

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cartoonish. P.T. Barnum was right.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is gone now. Good job outing that one. Saved someone from making a big mistake, at least temporarily.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turds everywhere are offended.

• Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they thought it was a raisin.

• Options
    kenriles012kenriles012 Posts: 170 ✭✭

@291fifth said:
    It is one of the worst CC fakes I have seen ,,, and it still gets multiple bids. Abandon all hope ...

Oh you sweet summer child: this is far from the bottom of the barrel.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes, seriously ??? :s

Timbuk3
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one of the worst fakes I have ever seen. LOL !!!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The link still works.. and shows a '79 CC.... not the same as any in this thread....and with a large slice mark on the reverse...So I do not know if it is a relisting - but the OP links take you there. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    The link still works.. and shows a '79 CC.... not the same as any in this thread....and with a large slice mark on the reverse...So I do not know if it is a relisting - but the OP links take you there. Cheers, RickO

Ebay sends you to what they think is a similar coin if the listing has been removed. When you clicked on the link ricko, you were taken to an active similar listing and this statement was at the top, highlighted in blue: The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

bob:)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2018 8:04AM

The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

it's still there

when you see the above, click on "listing"

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, one of Ebay's recent "improvements" that really isn't.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

bogus, ill pass

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

it's still there

when you see the above, click on "listing"

When you click on "listing" you will see that it is gone, pics are still there however.

bob

• Options

Bidding has ended on this item.

Winning bid:
    US $350.00
    [ 70 bids ]

• Options

• Options

Ebay just Fuks with my mind sometimes.....yes it sold, mea culpa.

bob :(

• Options

no big deal, in fact nothing to comment on other than it still needs more work to take it down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file