Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official Thread - "I need it, it's cheap, it's obscure, but I can't find it!"

2»

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2008 TOPPS MAYO MINIS WANT LIST

14 Jake Long – RC
    34 James Jones
    185 Brandon Marshall
    262 Ben Roethlisberger
    288 Tony Romo
    301 Brett Favre

Horses: 2, 4, 5, 8-15

RELIC CARDS

· R-RG Ryan Grant
    · R-LF Larry Fitzgerald
    · R-CJ Chad Johnson
    · R-CP Carson Palmer
    · R-FG Frank Gore
    · R-AP Adrian Peterson
    · R-EM Eli Manning
    · R-FT Fred Taylor
    · R-CPO Clinton Portis
    · R-DG David Garrard
    · R-FJ Felix Jones
    · R-MF Matt Forte/q]

I may have a few Mayo minis. I will check this afternoon.

Shane

• Options
    I need a 2002 Upper Deck XL Alan Faneca (football). I can not find it ANYWHERE.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought I had updated this thread, but I don't guess I did.

I finally have the 1988 Topps Portfolio/Folders Ozzie Smith. I now actually have 2 of them. A couple of members here each sent me one back a few weeks ago. Thanks to Brian (hotmush) and Wade (mozzie22).

Now, for my reason for updating this thread today. I finally got a 1990 Topps Rookies Foil Test Ken Hill after a few years of looking. I had to buy the whole set on Ebay. Krukcards had a complete set for sale for probably over a year and was asking $60 (I think). Someone here emailed me and notified me that the set was up for auction. I sniped around $40 and it went for a couple of dollars more than that. Well, apparently, Krukcards had more than one set because they auctioned another one. I got it for $23+. I was thrilled. Looks like patience paid off.

That's 5 1988 Topps Folders, a 1990 Donruss Super DK Joe Magrane, and this Ken Hill that I have found since I started this thread and I had been looking for a very long time.

Anybody need a Griffey, Sheffield, or anybody else from this set? >>

Frankhardy-

What color is the Ken Hill in the set you received? I think it comes in at least 5 varieties. I have one and if it's a color you need, I'll mail it to you.
    My Error & Variation Blog

Collecting Robin Ventura and Matt Luke.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for the 1994 Up Close and Personal White Border Frank Thomas...looks similar to this Jordan I have:

The bottom border should be black, but a few made it out without black ink.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    It turns out that I am missing a chunk of Matt Luke cards that I had previously owned at one time or another.

I've been collecting his stuff since meeting him in 1998 and could use a little help in locating a few cards of his. I always am interested in his base issues, but am especially interested in finding these pain-in-the-butt cards first:

1999 Upper Deck Exclusives #d/100

1999 Aurora Red

1998 Pacific Online Winners (do these exist?)

1996 Select Artist's Proofs (owned a copy that had the ugliest "refractor" lines you've ever seen)

Probably not "cheap" - 1996 Pinnacle (Unreleased, pulled in favor of Quinton McCracken - unknown if any copies actually exist)

Also, any TTM and IP autographs would be of interest.

Here is the complete list I posted in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

P.S. Frankhardy, I haven't forgotten you. Hill will be mailed this week, plus a handful of Cardinals odds and ends I found.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm looking for the 1994 Up Close and Personal White Border Frank Thomas...looks similar to this Jordan I have:

The bottom border should be black, but a few made it out without black ink. >>

Picked this up in a couple dollar lot of Thomas cards on eBay...it was small, but I could see it in the scan.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Not obscure, but I've been looking for these three cards in PSA 9/10 for two years now with no luck. Anyone have one to sell?

Steve Largent PSA 9/10

1978 526 (messed up my snipe a few months ago and missed one)
    1987 1000 yard 18
    1989 Pro Set 396

I know they'll come up sometime....anytime....soon...

Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    1997 Bleachers Gold '88-89 Fleer' Dennis Rodman RC reprint HOLOFOIL signature
  • Options
    1971 Bazooka Dick Allen
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    In the 1993 Fleer football there was a Steve Young subset. Cards #1-10 were available in packs, and the later cards, I think #11-14 without looking, were available via wrapper redemption. The cards are not rare and I have had had them for quite awhile....however, about a year or so ago I saw a set that had a small thank you for redemping note from Fleer. Looking for that cheap, possibly even worthless, oscure piece of paper.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I've got a couple of more cheap cards that I can't find.

One is a 1992 Donruss Update Brian Jordan. There is none on Ebay, Beckett Marketplace, or Sportlots. Can anybody help me with this one?

Another one is a 1994 Donruss Diamond Kings Supers Gregg Jefferies.

I also need a 1981 Topps Thirst Break #10 Steve Carlton with Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver. These are pretty scarce, but the are often very cheap.

By the way, I forgot to update this thread - I finally found #5 on my list, the 1988 Fleer Superstars Box Bottom Cardinals logo. I had to buy an entire case in order to get the display box. I cut off the Cardinals logo card and sealed the case back up. I listed it on Ebay (of course giving full disclosure). I lost about $30 on that deal, but, dat gum it, I got my Cardinals logo card!!

Shane

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    One is a 1992 Donruss Update Brian Jordan. There is none on Ebay, Beckett Marketplace, or Sportlots. Can anybody help me with this one?

I used to have a stack of this card. In mid 1993 people started realizing the red factory sets were tough to find (each had 4 update cards inserted) and prices started soaring for Lofton ($50-$75) and McGwire ($10-$15). This was also when Brian Jordan started catching fire and his 92 Bowman card got up to $10 in Beckett. For some reason Beckett never caught on that the much tougher Donruss Update Jordan was also a RC and never listed it, so I was buying them up at $1-$2 waiting until they realized their mistake and listed it at the $15 it should've been. I also bought a few cases of 92 red factory sets from Kay-Bee Toys when they had a closeout for $5 each, so I had tons of the Update cards and made a nice penny off the Lofton's. After a year I gave up and sold them all for almost nothing after he had a bad 1994.

If worse comes to worse you can buy a couple red factory sets (make sure they have the 'Update' sticker) and I think you have a 1:5 shot at it or somewhere in that neighborhood. I'm sure one will pop up at some point, although it seems weird that none of the sites have any.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    I need a 1985 #133 Panini Supersport Julius Erving in PSA 9.

One of the more obscure cards in the Erving Master Set. Haven't looked for one in a while but I think they're hard to get.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a raw version of the other tough card for that set, the dreaded Prism Jewel Sticker. Hoping it will wind up in a 9 holder some day but that will be a tough call. I would be happy to negotiate with someone that has this in a 9 holder already.

I'm four cards from completing the set and the Panini is a thorn in my side.
  • Options
    dpucciodpuccio Posts: 117
    I need the following Jim Rice cards:

1975 Red Sox Herald Jim Rice - this is a newspaper cutout and I have only seen it come up once in the 12 years I have been searching on Ebay
    1978 Royal Crown Cola Iron-Ons Jim Rice - I have never seen this
    1982 FBI Discs Jim Rice - I have never seen this
    1986 General Mills Booklets Jim Rice - I have never seen this
    1990 O-Pee-Chee Box Bottoms Jim Rice - I have never seen this

• Options

<< <i>One is a 1992 Donruss Update Brian Jordan. There is none on Ebay, Beckett Marketplace, or Sportlots. Can anybody help me with this one?

I used to have a stack of this card. In mid 1993 people started realizing the red factory sets were tough to find (each had 4 update cards inserted) and prices started soaring for Lofton ($50-$75) and McGwire ($10-$15). This was also when Brian Jordan started catching fire and his 92 Bowman card got up to $10 in Beckett. For some reason Beckett never caught on that the much tougher Donruss Update Jordan was also a RC and never listed it, so I was buying them up at $1-$2 waiting until they realized their mistake and listed it at the $15 it should've been. I also bought a few cases of 92 red factory sets from Kay-Bee Toys when they had a closeout for $5 each, so I had tons of the Update cards and made a nice penny off the Lofton's. After a year I gave up and sold them all for almost nothing after he had a bad 1994.

If worse comes to worse you can buy a couple red factory sets (make sure they have the 'Update' sticker) and I think you have a 1:5 shot at it or somewhere in that neighborhood. I'm sure one will pop up at some point, although it seems weird that none of the sites have any. >>

If you have any of these singles left, I could use a mint Andy Stankiewicz, Pat Listach and Chad Curtis.

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭
    1979 Hostess Bob Bailor reverse negative and corrected version. There always seem to be a lot of '79 Hostesses for sale but never the Bailor.

1960 Spic and Span Del Crandell reverse negative. (I finally found a corrected version to buy.)
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I've got a few obscure non-MLB baseball cards I'm hunting for:

1967 Topps Venezuelan (Winter League) #98 Damaso Blanco

1975 Calbee #? Bobby Taylor (Japanese baseball card)
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Three hockey cards needed to complete a PSA team set. I ended up with variations/inserts that PSA graded, but won't let me use in the set.

1997-98 Pacific Omega #1 Matt Cullen base card
    1997-98 Pacific Omega #38 Jon Battaglia base card
    1993-94 Stadium Club #423 Aaron Ward

Also, I'd love a minty mint 1993-94 Upper Deck #568 Kevyn Adams (I got a 6 on the one I submitted).

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have the entire FBI Discs set. I bought it for the Steve Garvey card. What would the Jim Rice card be worth? Heck, I'm sure I'd trade it for the right Steve Garvey issue.

I THINK it's the FBI set. They are discs produced by MSA (Mike Schecter & Associates) with a plastic or paper liner edging each card, kinda like the paper ring at the top of a Burger King drink cup.
  • Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I pulled out my cards a few days ago, and it's not the FBI Discs set. It's an MSA test lids set. Anyhoo, not sure of its value, but it's pretty cool looking.
  • Options
    Great idea for a thread. I'm looking for the following:

1978 Penn Emblem cloth patch Rennie Stennett
    1978 Royal Crown Cola iron on Rennie Stennett
    1980 Giants Police Rennie Stennett in EX condition or better
    1980 and 1981 Giants team issue Rennie Stennett
    1991 Pin and insert card commemorating Rennie Stennett's 7-for-7 game. This was a stadium giveaway and has the Blockbuster Video logo
    1991 Kellogg's Legends Manny Sanguillen
    1994 MCI Ambassadors Manny Sanguillen (both versions)
    2004 Pirates team issued postcard set commemorating the 1979 team. Looking for the set but will take any singles.

Thanks!
    Collecting Matt Alexander, Manny Sanguillen, and Rennie Stennett - pm me with your oddball items for sale or trade!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I need the following Jim Rice cards:

1986 General Mills Booklets Jim Rice - I have never seen this
    >>

Who is in the booklet with Rice?

if it is gwynn or schmidt I should have it...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    dpucciodpuccio Posts: 117
    One went for $9.99 on Ebay about two weeks ago and I missed it. It was the first one that I have seen

It has the following players in the booklet:
    Wade Boggs, Kirk Gibson, Ricky Henderson, Don Mattingly, Jack Morris, Lance Parrish, Jim Rice, Dave Righetti, Cal Ripken Jr., and Lou Whitaker

1986 General Mills Rice Booklet
  • Options
    I have been trying to find a 1981 Topps Thirst Break #10 Steve Carlton with Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver for several months. I finally found one this morning on Ebay for $10 delivered. I finally have my Thirst Break team set completed. Those things are tough to find, but are usually cheap when you find one.

Still no luck on 1992 Donruss Update Brian Jordan.

Shane

• Options
    Thanks to a gracious board member that rarely posts, he sold me a 1992 Donruss Update Brian Jordan for $5.00 delivered. That is one tough card. I never saw a single Update card on Ebay in the months I've been looking.

Shane

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I saw your post about the All World Rocket ISmail autographed card.
    Did those come in factory sets as well as packs?

What is the card "worth?"

I ask because I have a case of unopened factory sets gathering dust, and was wondering if they may have what you are looking for...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I'm having a hard time finding a 1985 Topps Football Sticker #255, John Riggins (no "Coming Soon" on back). Anyone know where I can find one? Thanks!
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    I have another card to add to my list that I need. I thought I would be able to find it rather quickly because I found the Ozzie Smith on Ebay in no time.

I need a 1995 Donruss N.L All Stars Gregg Jefferies. There are always a few A.L. and N.L. All Stars on Ebay, but never a Gregg Jefferies. There is a complete set as well, but the asking price is $89. I am not that desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    HELP - HELP - HELP - If you can please!!!

I am still looking for just 2 cards to complete my 2006 Allen Ginter mini no number back set.
    With all the people on this website that collect Allen Ginter, I hope I can get lucky and
    find 1 or both image

I need Joe Nathan and Chase Utley

I have been looking for these 2 since the set came out in 2006. I have 348 out of the 350 cards
    all no number backed.

Plz PM or email tsalems1@yahoo.com
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    Steve Young, Chris Martin Enterprises Pro Mags and the like I am missing.

I know there is a 49ers team one, one regular magnet and two variations I am missing.

The Super Bowl XXIX (?) variation to the 1994-1995 Pro Mag may not exist. Not sure here....they made Pro Mag Super Bowl sets that year. I have only seen one seller with them ever and they are numbered very low. Mine was 336 and none of the others are numbered over 1000. No ideal on print run. It did have an exclusive Young, and included a team set of the 49ers....that was the normal Pro Mags.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    FYI - I finally found a 1995 Donruss NL All Stars Gregg Jefferies. So far, I have gotten every card I've needed since I started this thread. Now, I have another one to add to my list.

Has anybody EVER seen ANY 1996 Topps Legend's of the 50's bronze cards? I have been looking for a Stan Musial FOR-FREAKIN'-EVER! It is a bronze reprint of his 1959 Topps card. It only books for $10 or so, but I have never seen even one card from that whole set. (Edited to say - I finally got it!......a couple of years after the edit date)

Shane

• Options
    A couple more...

1992-3 Pro Line SB Program #5 Steve Young (same as 1993 Pro Line Portraits #607 only without card number)

1992-3 Pro Line SB Program #6 Steve Young (same as 1993 Pro Line Portraits #608 only without card number)

....these were found in the Super Bowl XXIX program. Guide list at $1.00 each.
  • Options
    I finally found a card for my Cardinals team sets that I have been looking for approximately 4 or 5 years. It wasn't on my original list in this thread because I didn't think it would be "cheap". I thought I would have to pay quite a bit for one if I EVER found one. These things are pretty much impossible to find. It was a 1989 Topps Double Headers Test Met/Yankees Keith Hernandez. Why a Met/Yankees test issue for my Cardinals collection? Because these tiny cards feature the players rookie card on the opposite side of their miniature 89 Topps card. Well, Keith Hernandez's rookie card was with the Cardinals in 1975. I ended up getting it for free and then making money in the process.

Here is what happened. I had been looking at an entire box on Ebay that had been listed for $249 BIN/BO. It had been listed for at least 3 years, maybe more. There was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for just one little Keith Hernandez card. I had asked the seller multiple times if he would sell individually, and every time he said he would say no. Well, about three weeks ago, I found a mis-titled Ebay auction for an entire box. The title was missing "Double Headers". It just said something like "1989 Topps Mets/Yankees Test Rare" or something like that. Well, I won the entire box for $77. I figured I could open up the box and sell the remaining 23 cards and probably make money. The ironic thing was that in the mean time, that box that I had been watching sold for a $225 best offer. So, I contacted the seller asking him to get me in contact with the buyer. He did. The buyer wanted $30 for the Hernandez. That was when I told him that I had a whole box and that I would just open mine up, but that I preferred to buy his Hernandez for $20 so I could resell my box. He did some research and was stunned that I had only paid $77 for my box. He then offered to buy my box and send me the Hernandez. I sold the box for $130 and got the Hernandez for free.

So, I guess you can now say that my Hernandez card was VERY CHEAP, it was obscure, and I have found that sucker! It's now in my album! image

Shane

• Options
    I thought I would bring this thread to the top and update my list.

On my original list (the first post in this thread), I had listed 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test Issue Cardinals. I have since found a total of 6 out of 10. I still need the following -

181 Tony Pena
    201 Ozzie Smith
    281 Ken Daley
    BC-6 Pedro Guerrero MVP

Also, I have tried to complete my run of 1996 to present Topps Refractors/Retrofractor. I have the entire run complete except the cards below. I have literally looked everyday for over a year and I cannot find these stupid cards! Any help would be appreciated.

2001 Topps Retrofractors

146 Fernando Tatis
    211 Rick Ankiel
    302 Mark McGwire Golden Moments
    325 Will Clark Highlights
    648 Cardinals Team

Shane

• Options
    I just won a 2001 Topps Retrofractors Cardinals team card after looking for over a year and a half!!!!!!!!! Paid $4 delivered!!!!!!!!

Also, since updating this thread, I have found the Ankiel. Now, I only need the following to have a complete run from 1996 to present. (Wow, these 2001's have been hard to find!)

2001 Topps Retrofractors

146 Fernando Tatis
    325 Will Clark Highlights

Shane

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shane,
    Unfortunately I can't help with the cards you are looking for but I wanted to jump in here and say how much I enjoy watching you build your collection! You really put a ton of attention to it, keep up the good work!

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Thanks Abe. I enjoy doing it.

I did end up finding a 2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractors #302 Mark McGwire Golden Moments. I still need the other two.

I also completed my 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test Issue team set, including Ozzie!

I also found the 1996 Topps Legends of the 50's Bronze Stan Musial. I looked for that thing for a very long time. I had to buy the whole set to get it, but I found it!!!

= = =

The reason I bring this thread up again is because I am adding a little bit to my team sets and can't find a few things.

I can thank Al (bishop) for leading me to "The Fleer Sticker Project" blog. I have all of the major stuff that Fleer put out except some very oddball things.

Yes, I am putting together all of the Cardinals logo stickers and their variations. I found several on Ebay and found several that I already had. However, some I just cannot find.

Drum roll... I need......

1982 Fleer Sticker Cardinals (hat logo; 1981 All Star Game Puzzle back)
    1983 Fleer Sticker Cardinals (round logo; green/yellow/red color pattern - NOT red/yellow/green)
    1987 Fleer Sticker Cardinals (small logo with White Sox)
    1988 Fleer Mini Cardinals logo (green top; red and white stripe variation)
    1988 Fleer Mini Cardinals (either sticker variation on front) Busch Stadium back
    1991 Fleer Sticker Cardinals (small logo with Pirates, Padres, and Giants)

If anybody has any of these and wants to help me out, I will be glad to send a little Paypal money your way.

Shane

• Options
    I found all of the above Fleer stickers except the two 1988 Fleer Miniature ones.

= = =

I mistakenly discovered a new Cardinals card that I did not know existed. I love it when that happens. I was going through some cards and found an insert card from 1990 Topps. It was an ad card from the Topps Company Store with a special offer for Official Topps plactic sheets. The card features some 1988 Topps cards and low and behold, there is an Ozzie Smith. So, it goes in my Cardinals collection.

Well, I now find out that there are a few of those type of cards that I need. I have a database that came from a MAJOR Cardinals team collector, so I really don't know any details of these cards except for what is in this database.

Here is what I need.

1983 Topps Insert Ad card featuring Whitey Herzog (The database says "Plastic Card Shield Ad")(Not sure what that means.)

1988 Topps Insert Ad card for a Topps Binder that shows a 1972 Topps Bob Gibson.

1988 Topps Insert Ad card for a coin holder that shows all Topps Coins (including Ozzie Smith and Todd Worrell).

1989 Topps Insert Ad card for a Topps Binder that shows a 1972 Topps Bob Gibson.

1990 Topps Insert Ad card for a Topps Binder that shows a 1972 Topps Bob Gibson.

Hopefully some of you guys have some of these laying around some where. I have searched Ebay and can't find any. I can't pay much for them, but I will compensate. Thanks.

Shane

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'd really make my collecting year if I could find this freaking card:

1967 Topps Venezuelan #98 Damaso Blanco
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>I just won a 2001 Topps Retrofractors Cardinals team card after looking for over a year and a half!!!!!!!!! Paid $4 delivered!!!!!!!!

Also, since updating this thread, I have found the Ankiel. Now, I only need the following to have a complete run from 1996 to present. (Wow, these 2001's have been hard to find!)

2001 Topps Retrofractors

146 Fernando Tatis
    325 Will Clark Highlights >>

I have since found the McGwire and the Clark. The only one I need now is the Tatis. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1 - 1988 Topps Portfolio/Folder Jack Clark, Vince Coleman, Tony Pena, Ozzie Smith, and Todd Worrell. >>

Thought I might have some of these and went digging. I have Andre Dawson, David Cone, Darryl Strawberry, and Tony Gwynn, but no Cards. image

If anyone is looking for one of the players I do have, let me know.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    2010 Topps Update Gold #US248 Matt Harrison

Not on Sportlots, Not on Beckett, Not on eBay, Not on COMC....

Any help here? Its the last one I need for Rangers team set Gold run. Thanks.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>1 - 1988 Topps Portfolio/Folder Jack Clark, Vince Coleman, Tony Pena, Ozzie Smith, and Todd Worrell. >>

Thought I might have some of these and went digging. I have Andre Dawson, David Cone, Darryl Strawberry, and Tony Gwynn, but no Cards. image

If anyone is looking for one of the players I do have, let me know. >>

I found those a few years back. I think I updated the list.

I needed to bring this old thread back up because of the following post.............

Shane

• Options
    I have found everything that I have posted here except one single card that I have been trying to find for over 4 years......every single day......NO LUCK.

I am still trying to find a 2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractors #146 Fernando Tatis. This is the only one I need to complete a run of Cardinals team sets. I am almost to the point where I am going to start buying unopened boxes at $40 a pop.....and then it will be like searching for a needle in a haystack because there are 330 cards in series one and the retrofractors are seeded 1 per every 12 packs and there are only 24 packs to a box.

HEEEEEELP!

Shane

• Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 490 ✭✭✭
    I've needed a post like this for a while

I need:

2012 Topps Archives In Action John Kruk(never have seen one)
    1994 Fleer Ultra On Base Leaders Andres Galarraga(last one one ebay a year ago was bid over my ludicrously high ~$10 bid.)
  • Options
    Is this only for inexpensive and/or modern cards? Because right now my white whale is a 1969 Eskimo Pie hand cut Gino Cappelletti/Dale Livingston. I'll take one in almost any condition.
  • Options

<< <i>Is this only for inexpensive and/or modern cards? Because right now my white whale is a 1969 Eskimo Pie hand cut Gino Cappelletti/Dale Livingston. I'll take one in almost any condition. >>

It was intended for cheap, but hard to find cards. However, you are welcome to post any hard to find needs here.

How long have you been looking for it? Is it expensive?

Shane