Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

neyronix suspicious bids

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ten bucks says that this is not the last we hear of him. (I needed a sure winner to raise funds for my last forum bet.) >>

And before they were doing business as "neyronix" they were doing the same thing under different names... I'm guessing we'll just see a new eBay account soon and history will repeat itself again.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have seen the 1970's - era picture in Coin World. I would wonder why Coin World would not refuse his advertising?

Drunner
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about time ebay took action against this seller. Nice to see they did so despite the sales volume.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>If he's losing tons of money on FVFs wouldn't he money ahead by just BINing all of his auctions and let them sit and attract the right buyer? >>

I'd just figured the scam game was to mutually agree with the shill to not complete the transaction, Thus, there are NO FVF's. The seller and shill buyer given those facts can still leave + feedback each way. So I don't think the scam includes actually losing money. Do I have it wrong?
  • Options
    The seller still MUST pay the FVF's even if there is no Paypal transaction. ie. Ebay item #290612121739. In this case the 'SHILL', Samuel100elm(1195), won this coin for $7,350. samuel100elm never pays nor leaves any feedback for neyronix and neyronix leaves no feedback so nobody can learn the ebay name of the 'SHILL'. Neyronix will be billed by ebay for $169 FVF + $2 Listing fee. There will be no Paypal fees
  • Options
    The FVF is refunded if the buyer and seller mutually agree to cancel the transaction.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The FVF is refunded if the buyer and seller mutually agree to cancel the transaction. >>

How true & that usually is a tip off to eBay...same buyer(s) consistently cancelling their sale under mutual consent with the same seller.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If he's losing tons of money on FVFs wouldn't he money ahead by just BINing all of his auctions and let them sit and attract the right buyer? >>

I'd just figured the scam game was to mutually agree with the shill to not complete the transaction, Thus, there are NO FVF's. The seller and shill buyer given those facts can still leave + feedback each way. So I don't think the scam includes actually losing money. Do I have it wrong? >>

The problem is that if the dirtbag was to do mutuals with his shills eBay would have caught on much more quickly. Nothing catches their attention faster than seeing their fees go away.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    would he just give a second chance offer to the runner up then? It seems that, if there are a lot of mutual cancellations on his record, that all kinds of red flags would be signaled.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    I bid on a couple of his auctions. When I saw the shill bidding, I contacted eBay. They didn't do anything. After reading this thread, I've decided that I will no longer make any bids on eBay for any auctions. I just think that eBay auctions can't be trusted....
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won one of his auctions once and it took me two weeks (after I paid) to get the coin and I had to finally meet one of his employees in a parking lot in Calabases to pick it up! He was selling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of coins each week on eBay and was a big buyer at many auctions. He may have been working on the premise that he could make 5 or 10K a week turning a few hundred thousand dollars worth of coins. There are plenty of coins he sold that he lost money on (as compared to the auction prices these coins sold for). Not that I am defending that practice in any way. Just another way to work the system.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't we just have a thread on this subject with like 1300 replies?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bid on a couple of his auctions. When I saw the shill bidding, I contacted eBay. They didn't do anything. After reading this thread, I've decided that I will no longer make any bids on eBay for any auctions. I just think that eBay auctions can't be trusted.... >>

I don't think I would say eBay auctions can't be trusted, but I think this thread (and several others) are pointing out that they believe this seller can't be trusted.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options

<< <i>I bid on a couple of his auctions. When I saw the shill bidding, I contacted eBay. They didn't do anything. After reading this thread, I've decided that I will no longer make any bids on eBay for any auctions. I just think that eBay auctions can't be trusted.... >>

There are definitely untrustworthy sellers on eBay.
    There are more trustworthy seller though, IMO.
    Things I look for in an eBay auction:
      Good feedback - this is critical. If other buyers have had a problem, there's a good chance you will too. Feedback doesn't have to be 100% (although that would be nice) but any neutrals and negatives must be weighed in your decision to bid.Sharp, large pictures - if the picture isn't sharp, I wonder if they are trying to hide something.A good, hyperbole-free description is always nice. Especially to note die varieties, etc. if not mentioned in the description.A defined return period - opinions differ and a coin in hand my not have the appeal it seemed to exhibit in pictures. I personally won't bid on auctions that don't allow returns.Unless you specifically want a counterfeit coin, avoid sellers from China.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I too have seen the 1970's - era picture in Coin World. I would wonder why Coin World would not refuse his advertising?

Drunner >>

Is this a joke? Coin World has no ethics. Many of their full-page advertisers have been ripping off people for years, including one who was booted from the ANA for his business practices.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I too have seen the 1970's - era picture in Coin World. I would wonder why Coin World would not refuse his advertising?

Drunner >>

Is this a joke? Coin World has no ethics. Many of their full-page advertisers have been ripping off people for years, including one who was booted from the ANA for his business practices. >>

I absolutely agree with you on this.
    Coin World would run ads from Charles Manson as long as he paid up front!
    There's one advertiser there who ripped me off in the 70s and he's been selling crappy, over-graded coins for decades and CW does nothing to stop him.
    Hence my post of several days ago asking people if they bought from CW advertisers - a post that garnered several snide remarks and no real help.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    had one business deal with this seller
    won a real nice commem for sub greysheet bid
    not a steal, but about 30 bucks below bid on a 250 dollar coin
    i received an email stating they "accidently" sold the same coin at a show
    hmmmm.....
    an accident.
    i will never do business or bid on any of their auctions again

• Options

<< <i>had one business deal with this seller
    won a real nice commem for sub greysheet bid
    not a steal, but about 30 bucks below bid on a 250 dollar coin
    i received an email stating they "accidently" sold the same coin at a show
    hmmmm.....
    an accident.
    i will never do business or bid on any of their auctions again >>

The only "accident" was the accident the seller had in his pants when he realized he sold below bid! image
    Funny how auctions that wind up being a good deal for the buyer many times seem to have been listed "accidentally".
  • Options
    Seems neyronix is having a melt-down. Aside from ebay restricting his account to buy-it-nows only, he has amassed 12 negatives in just the past month with only 284 sales

His SHILL accounts, samuel100elm and adams21, have gone completely dormant since the restriction:

adams21
    samuel100elm
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems neyronix is having a melt-down. Aside from ebay restricting his account to buy-it-nows only, he has amassed 12 negatives in just the past month with only 284 sales >>

I just was on ebay and neyronix has NO items listed for sale. Don't know why.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe he's finally done with that user id and has now moved on to the next one??? wouldnt be the first time...
  • Options
    i'm guessing it was something like this

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    I paid a bit more than retail for this coin from them but I like it:

1840 Seated Dollar

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased one coin from him for over $2000 before knowing all of the "details", but that was back in May. I noticed shortly thereafter the wrongdoings by this seller. Still think I got a fair price but the coin is just "average" for the grade.

Live and Learn...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems neyronix is having a melt-down. Aside from ebay restricting his account to buy-it-nows only, he has amassed 12 negatives in just the past month with only 284 sales >>

I just was on ebay and neyronix has NO items listed for sale. Don't know why. >>

His ebay store is also gone and according to the negative feedback he just received a couple of days ago, his Paypal account is also gone. Very curious
  • Options
    TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Isn't this now a illegal thread?
  • Options
    With what regards?
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Looks like CoinWorld will have some prime ad space available. I don't think he'll be advertising/promoting his new seller name, like he did with neyronix, in his ads.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't this now a illegal thread? >>

Do tell. Please Mr "been here a month". Lay down the law and tell us how it is "illegal".
    And, yes, I read Don's sticky post but have a suspicion this thread isn't impacted.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

Do tell. Please Mr "been here a month". Lay down the law and tell us how it is "illegal".
    And, yes, I read Don's sticky post but have a suspicion this thread isn't impacted. >>

Thank you Mr. "I derive my self esteem by insulting newbies".
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

And, yes, I read Don's sticky post but have a suspicion this thread isn't impacted. >>

Thank you Mr. "I derive my self esteem by insulting newbies". >>

Hmmm.....were you the one commenting? Or, are you just looking to start a fight? That's what it seems like to me.
    If someone has less than a month here, unless they are an alt or lurked for quite awhile, do you really think that them calling something "illegal" is most likely to be accurate.
    My comment was not meant as insulting but rather as a statement such as above.

Now, if you do prefer to keep picking fights with me, please do go on. Like in many of the threads, I just move on to ignoring you since I don't see you bringing any value. Mmmmkay? Thanks now.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thank you Mr. "I derive my self esteem by insulting newbies". >>

Hmmm.....were you the one commenting? Or, are you just looking to start a fight? That's what it seems like to me.
    If someone has less than a month here, unless they are an alt or lurked for quite awhile, do you really think that them calling something "illegal" is most likely to be accurate.
    My comment was not meant as insulting but rather as a statement such as above.

Now, if you do prefer to keep picking fights with me, please do go on. Like in many of the threads, I just move on to ignoring you since I don't see you bringing any value. Mmmmkay? Thanks now. >>

Bochi, old top, I've yet to see you do anything but make snide remarks to newcomers.
    If this board had an "ignore" function, I have no doubt that you would soon garner no responses to your insults.
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    EBAY has finally NARU'd this guy:
    NEYRONIX

Now he can join the estatedoctor in Savannah.

Ebay, once again, has done the right thing and deserves praise.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UPDATE:
    EBAY has finally NARU'd this guy:
    NEYRONIX

Now he can join the estatedoctor in Savannah.

Ebay, once again, has done the right thing and deserves praise. >>

Recent feedback makes me wonder if he was NARU'd for activities other than shills. If the negs are accurate, looks like he maybe renegged on transactions where he didn't get the amount he wanted.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't even bother to bid on their auctions, they're always bid up to full retail by their own doing. >>

That's exactly how I feel about lccoins but every now and then he sells a proof Lincoln I need. I tried reporting it once a long time ago but with 72,000+ feedback eBay isn't going to do anything about it. He sells tons and tons of widget Lincolns and they never go for under market value and always have the same shills.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only won one coin from Mr. Hughes (a few others "were no longer available) but that one coin was kindly upgraded by ours hosts which added about $2k in book value. I for one am very gracious to this guy! image

I wasn't around when this thread was originally going, but it was pretty obvious what was going on with this seller.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't even bother to bid on their auctions, they're always bid up to full retail by their own doing. >>

That's exactly how I feel about lccoins but every now and then he sells a proof Lincoln I need. I tried reporting it once a long time ago but with 72,000+ feedback eBay isn't going to do anything about it. He sells tons and tons of widget Lincolns and they never go for under market value and always have the same shills. >>

Joe - I have won a few of the lccoins and have gotten them quite cheaply......some I don't win, and those are full retail...not sure if there is anything hinky going on, but the ones I won were quite fair. I go for them with some of the moderns image

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    This old discussion eh! Been discussed multiple times...he's got shills. My bet is that he's got other dealers that bid on his wares up to a certain point, and he probably bids on items for the other dealer as well. This helps him stay away from breaking the "shill" rules. They are not related, they are not in the same town or city, and they are not affiliated in anyway (business-wise) this keeps ebay off his back. They've got shill bidding perfected, according to the letter of the law, they're probably not doing anything that's strictly illegal (at least the proof is weak) that doesn't mean the evidence isn't compelling.
  • Options

<< <i>This old discussion eh! Been discussed multiple times...he's got shills. My bet is that he's got other dealers that bid on his wares up to a certain point, and he probably bids on items for the other dealer as well. This helps him stay away from breaking the "shill" rules. They are not related, they are not in the same town or city, and they are not affiliated in anyway (business-wise) this keeps ebay off his back. They've got shill bidding perfected, according to the letter of the law, they're probably not doing anything that's strictly illegal (at least the proof is weak) that doesn't mean the evidence isn't compelling. >>

Look at the bidding by adams21(36) aka d***a(360):
    adams21 shill

The very day that ebay suspended Neyronix was the same day adams21(360) stopped all his bidding. Up to that point, adams21(360) had 1000 bids in that 30 day period with 100% on neyronix coins.

Ebay discovered this to be against ebay policy and naru'd him.
    his shills samuel100elm(1200) and adams21(360 are both in LA and had 100% of their bids with neyronix. The items they won were all relisted by neyronix and no Paypal transactions ever occured. Samuel100elm(1200) used to be the big seller of coins to neyronix until 7/20/08:
    samuel100elm(1200) sales to neyronix
    after that date, neyronix became the seller and samuel100elm became the shiller

The evidence was overwhelming and ebay acted appropriately
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased a coin from him about a year ago which I was surprised to see on eBay as I was the underbidder on the exact coin when it was auctioned on Heritage a couple weeks before. The shill bidding on it was very obvious (the same group of sellers, all at or near 100% on him alone) but I still took a stab at it and set my max to my underbid on Heritage (without the BP). Needless to say, I was shocked when I won it and was very pleased with the price. He had the coin listed on his website for almost 2x what I paid for it... maybe his shill bidding software stopped working? image I suspect allowing some to "slip through" is why he was able to remain in business for as long as he did.
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased a coin from him about a year ago which I was surprised to see on eBay as I was the underbidder on the exact coin when it was auctioned on Heritage a couple weeks before. The shill bidding on it was very obvious (the same group of sellers, all at or near 100% on him alone) but I still took a stab at it and set my max to my underbid on Heritage (without the BP). Needless to say, I was shocked when I won it and was very pleased with the price. He had the coin listed on his website for almost 2x what I paid for it... maybe his shill bidding software stopped working? image I suspect allowing some to "slip through" is why he was able to remain in business for as long as he did. >>

Exactly! Because he listed 100's of 99 cent coin auctions every week, he often missed a few. I actually caught on to him a couple of years ago when he was auctioning off an 1854-d $3 gold princess in NGC MS-60. He had won the coin for $100,000, but, the next week it sold on ebay for $54,000. There is no way anyone could stay in business with that kind of loss. I later saw him list that same coin and sold for $66,000....to the same guy that bought it for $54,000. A couple of weeks later he listed it as a buy-it-now for $125,000.

PS: What was with him selling those TV stands as buy-it-nows for $50?
  • Options
    It seems Robert(neyronix) has fled the Country. His website, www.rlhe.net, has been removed. His ebay aliases, samuel100elm and adams21 have disappeared. Fortunately there wont be any resurection this time.
  • Options
    Nope, Bobby is actually having internet server issues, so his website is down...he'll be floating around at the Baltimore show.
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw him at long beach three weeks ago.
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    Bob's been around for ages, is quite knowledgeable and regardless of what your personal views of him are, I doubt he'll be leaving numismatics any time soon.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Never mind
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Bob---he's done right by me. image

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    based on reports of other account on ebay belonging to RLH, the following 2 of 3 do share some similarities even after the neyronix account is "naru"

samuel100elm

rlh_coins

adams21 - no active listings

neyronix - naru

• Options
    Since eBay threw him (neyronix) off ebay, it appears he is now starting to use his alter-ego account, samuel100elm, to revive his shenanigans........only this time, he's added selling stamps LOL:
    Robert Hughes's stamps on ebay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file