LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    I would be in for a few as well.

-Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap!! I think it just moved!! Some 70s Topps cases there??
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I got tied up with family stuff yesterday. Just need to state that I am not selling my older boxes I have 1 or 2 of. As I said earlier this is just to clear some space by reducing some cases to me just keeping a few boxes from each case. My plan is to try and sell it so it would be higher than what I can sell to a dealer but hopefully a little less than what a dealer would sell it at. Otherwise i would just sell it to a dealer at the first. I don't plan to sell whole cases because as i stated I want to keep a few boxes from each case for myself. I would think it would be best to limit it to one box per person unless there are some left over. I also want to do only one case at a time as I am not a dealer and I sell things rarely so i would rather just keep everything simple. Does anyone know a fair way to do this? Should I set the price at like 8 tomorrow night and have the first 8 - 12 people that respond in the thread get them? That is what I was thinking of doing but I am open to suggestions.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    In.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Seems fair to me Jim.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry, I got tied up with family stuff yesterday. Just need to state that I am not selling my older boxes I have 1 or 2 of. As I said earlier this is just to clear some space by reducing some cases to me just keeping a few boxes from each case. My plan is to try and sell it so it would be higher than what I can sell to a dealer but hopefully a little less than what a dealer would sell it at. Otherwise i would just sell it to a dealer at the first. I don't plan to sell whole cases because as i stated I want to keep a few boxes from each case for myself. I would think it would be best to limit it to one box per person unless there are some left over. I also want to do only one case at a time as I am not a dealer and I sell things rarely so i would rather just keep everything simple. Does anyone know a fair way to do this? Should I set the price at like 8 tomorrow night and have the first 8 - 12 people that respond in the thread get them? That is what I was thinking of doing but I am open to suggestions.

Jim >>

Jim,

First of all, don't even think of being fair here. If you set a price, and 60 people want 10 boxes, then you sell them to the ten
    you choose. If they complain, then you open it up to the 10 highest bidders. Then they can't complain if they are outbid.

Or, if you want to be fair, then the guys who get in on the first case, have to take a seat on the second case, and those who
    didn't get anything, get in on the third case. That way you can spread the good cheer.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm in as well. Love the virgin cases !!

Adam
  • Options
    I know you said you'd like to start with 81 FB cellos first but it'd be nice to know what might come 2nd and 3rd. Some of us might not be as interested in the FB and would rather wait for BB. Just an idea.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems fair to me Jim. >>

+1
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options

<< <i>I know you said you'd like to start with 81 FB cellos first but it'd be nice to know what might come 2nd and 3rd. Some of us might not be as interested in the FB and would rather wait for BB. Just an idea. >>

I understand that but I also go back and forth what I want to sell and what I want to keep. But I think I would probably go with one of the 83,84 or 85 OPC baseball cases next. Also, I am not sure exactly when the next one will be. I want everyone to get these first and make sure there are no problems.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry, I got tied up with family stuff yesterday. Just need to state that I am not selling my older boxes I have 1 or 2 of. As I said earlier this is just to clear some space by reducing some cases to me just keeping a few boxes from each case. My plan is to try and sell it so it would be higher than what I can sell to a dealer but hopefully a little less than what a dealer would sell it at. Otherwise i would just sell it to a dealer at the first. I don't plan to sell whole cases because as i stated I want to keep a few boxes from each case for myself. I would think it would be best to limit it to one box per person unless there are some left over. I also want to do only one case at a time as I am not a dealer and I sell things rarely so i would rather just keep everything simple. Does anyone know a fair way to do this? Should I set the price at like 8 tomorrow night and have the first 8 - 12 people that respond in the thread get them? That is what I was thinking of doing but I am open to suggestions.

Jim >>

Jim,

First of all, don't even think of being fair here. If you set a price, and 60 people want 10 boxes, then you sell them to the ten
    you choose. If they complain, then you open it up to the 10 highest bidders. Then they can't complain if they are outbid.

Or, if you want to be fair, then the guys who get in on the first case, have to take a seat on the second case, and those who
    didn't get anything, get in on the third case. That way you can spread the good cheer.

Good luck. >>

Thank-you for your reply and I understand what you are saying and I might consider something like giving pople that dont get things early to get a higher priority later. But since the cost of these items will vary widely that might be a little difficlut. Besides, people might not like the price I sell these for anyway. But I also do like the idea of being able to spread things around to many people as that was what it was like when i was collecting alot and it gave me the opportunity to get in on alot of things that I might not have been able to otherwise. And without the internet back then (as hard as that is to imagine now a days) you really had to depend on friends to let you know about things that might be available. I just like to give some opportunities back and there have been many people on these forums that have been very helpful to me since I joined as well as seeing numerous threads where people are willing to help out each other.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add here that I purchased a 1979 Topps baseball wax box from Jim a couple of months ago, and that the box was clean and mint as described. Jim is great to deal with!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in a box.
  • Options

<< <i>Morning,

Haven't seen the OP since Friday, was this just all a tease to get us Hot & Bothered ???

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

Nope, just tied up with family.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    Ok, tomorrow night, around nine. I will post the price of the boxes from the case. There will probably be 11 boxes available (I will state the number in the thread tomorrow). The first 11 people that respond in this thread will get to buy one of the boxes. Any posts before the time on my post will not count. Also needs to be a post to the thread and not a PM to have everything out in the open. I will limit it to 1 box per person. Please make sure you are agreeable with the price before you post that you want one. I will need at least 8 boxes sold before I am willing to break the case open. I will pull the boxes out of the case in the order they are bought. I will not look at the packs before I mail them but I will check the boxes to make sure they do not look damaged. If a box looks like it is damaged in any way, I will hold it to the end and ask the last person on the list if they still want the box or not. I will keep the bottom 4 boxes of the case for myself. I might try taking a video of opening the case but never have tried posting a video so I do not know what it takes to do this. I will not ask for payment until everything is set to break the case and get them packed and mailed. I hope this is agreeable to everyone. I also hope several of you get a Montanas showing but with 48 cards showing in a box out of a 528 card set I guess that makes it a 1 out of 11 chance.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Jim:

Sounds good and looking forward to the chaos!!
  • Options
    Evening,

Well I had a real interest in a 81 Football box, why I threw my name out as soon as you posted that would be the first to sell, assuming of course that your price would be somewhere between what Steve pays and what we buy a box for. But alas, some of us have lives, I will be at a High School Football Game tomorrow night at 9.00 PM MST!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Hold on... will it be 9 EST, CST, MST, or PST? Or are you in Hawaii?
  • Options
    Eastern time.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>Evening,

Well I had a real interest in a 81 Football box, why I threw my name out as soon as you posted that would be the first to sell, assuming of course that your price would be somewhere between what Steve pays and what we buy a box for. But alas, some of us have lives, I will be at a High School Football Game tomorrow night at 9.00 PM MST!

Neil >>

Yall get rained out or weathered out on Friday Neal?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Evening,

Neil >>

Yall get rained out or weathered out on Friday Neal? >>

Morning,

No, my son is only Freshman 9th Grade, High School called the "C" team, so they play their games on Monday nights, this Monday is an away game about 85 miles from our house, curving Mountain roads, so will be driving home at that time.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jim can I make a suggestion? I know we have talked a bit. I would suggest doing multiples cases at once. That way there is something for everyone.

You know just like the box breaks we do, except this would be case breaks. Maybe list 5 or 6 of the cases you want to sell and how many boxes are available for each. You could also limit someone to only be able to get 2 boxes total for the first 48 hours. After that it's open game.

Sorry just trying to help.

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    ill take it....oh wait...too early?
  • Options
    What's a fair price for this box? Also, how many Montana's per box?
  • Options

<< <i>What's a fair price for this box? Also, how many Montana's per box? >>

The boxes typically sell on eBay for between $450-$550. Individual packs go for $18-22 and a pack showing Montana on top can go for north of $200. Assuming good collation, you should expect 1.25 Montanas in your box (which means you should be able to complete the entire set if you rip).

Some things to keep in mind is the guarantee of non-searched is a huge plus on these things.

I'm excited about some of the other cases, and I hope you keep cleaning out after this one. This particular box is out of my collecting focus right now. Hope everyone gets at least one PSA 10 Montana and mocks me for not buying a box.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options
    Boxes are not getting touched for $450 on ebay right now. If you look at completed auctions, they actually aren't really selling.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    last one went for $430.
  • Options
    For what it is worth, I don't think you can use ebay as a guide when trying to price out unopened vintage wax here. There are too many risks with ebay, so boxes tend to sell at lower prices.
  • Options

<< <i>Jim can I make a suggestion? I know we have talked a bit. I would suggest doing multiples cases at once. That way there is something for everyone.

You know just like the box breaks we do, except this would be case breaks. Maybe list 5 or 6 of the cases you want to sell and how many boxes are available for each. You could also limit someone to only be able to get 2 boxes total for the first 48 hours. After that it's open game.

Mike >>

So you think i should cancel this and do it later?

I can see doing that if we are talking about several cheaper cases like say a series of 81 BB donruss, fleer, and topps all at once.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly are your plans. Are you affraid that you might get stuck with an opened case?
    Do you have a list of all that you will be opening? Are you wanting to move half of this stuff? I saw you said you wanted to keep a few boxes for yourself from each case.

Do like they do with the BBCexchange rips and make a sign up sheet for each one you want to. and say you will bust that case when those spots are filled. All the cases that you wouldnt mind busting. Or maybe all of them but put 75% of the spots so you have what you want for yourself. The ones that dont fill dont bust them if your not happy. And you dont even have to bust them until its all paid.
    Just my 2 cents
    Oh and maybe start a new thread for it this one is to long now
  • Options
    No Jim not at all. I have a feeling this well sell out within minutes.

Did I say I want one? Wait not time yet!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jim can I make a suggestion? I know we have talked a bit. I would suggest doing multiples cases at once. That way there is something for everyone.

Mike >>

So you think i should cancel this and do it later?

I can see doing that if we are talking about several cheaper cases like say a series of 81 BB donruss, fleer, and topps all at once.

Jim >>

No, please dont cancel lol
    Mike's idea is good, your idea is good. Whatever works for you best would be the way I would do it. We will be here regardless. Ultimately it is up to you.
    Arex
  • Options
    Good suggestion handyman. If your wanting to move several cases quickly, Jim I think that is your best route. Either way I think it's great your offering some up for sale!image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    I am not afraid of getting stuck with an open case because like the box breaks unless enough are spoken for I will not break the case. The reason I am just doing one case this time, and maybe I could have started with a cheaper case, is this one is a little more expensive and plus people don't really know anything about me. Also with all the stuff I have going on I would be worried about getting the time to pack up 60 to 80 boxes and mail them out as opposed to 8 - 12. Now maybe if BBCE staff was here to help. image. If I can get through this one case and everyone is happy or at least satisifed with the product then I can look at doing a few cases at once, especially cheaper cases where the postage would swamp the box costs. And I apologize in advance for anyone that thinks I am asking too much or doesn't get a box, or is disappointed on who is on the packs they receive. And as I said in my initial thread my goal is to reduce the space taken up by cases but not to get rid of everything.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>I am not afraid of getting stuck with an open case because like the box breaks unless enough are spoken for I will not break the case. The reason I am just doing one case this time, and maybe I could have started with a cheaper case, is this one is a little more expensive and plus people don't really know anything about me. Also with all the stuff I have going on I would be worried about getting the time to pack up 60 to 80 boxes and mail them out as opposed to 8 - 12. Now maybe if BBCE staff was here to help. image. If I can get through this one case and everyone is happy or at least satisifed with the product then I can look at doing a few cases at once, especially cheaper cases where the postage would swamp the box costs. And I apologize in advance for anyone that thinks I am asking too much or doesn't get a box, or is disappointed on who is on the packs they receive. And as I said in my initial thread my goal is to reduce the space taken up by cases but not to get rid of everything.

Jim >>

Jim,
    thanks for offering them here. And if someone gets ticked off because their fav player isnt on the front... then that is a THEM problem. You are making no guarantees nor are any being implied.
    Im just excited to watch and wait and see and enjoy the ride.

My $1 opinion (and $1 and my opinion will buy you a cup of coffee) is do a football and a baseball. 2 cases would only be about 30 or so boxes. Go to the PO and get you a batch of flat rate boxes, the square kind, and voila, you have your shipping method ready to go. Print off postage online on usps.org and its easy peazy, lemon squeezy.
  • Options
    posted on front page.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    I'll take one
  • Options
    Marlin
  • Options
    Ill take 1
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thats 3 ... good luck with the break Jim!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I'll take one, thanks Jim!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    good luck on the break
  • Options
    Home, I'm in for one !!!

Neil
  • Options
    bump to get this case opened!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Morning,

Doesn't seem to be whole lot of interest in this, no one new in two days. I have given this some thought and I was under the impression (Perhaps just my wishfull thinking), but anyway, thought that your prices would be a tad more reasonable. This price here is more than BBCE charges and in all Honesty I don't know you from Adam. I was willing to give this a try to see how it worked out with the intention of buying more, but as I said I thought that you would be a little more reasonable in your pricing. In all Honesty I would venture to say that is why you aren't getting an overwhelming response here.

So just take my name out of the running please.

Have a Great Day !

Neil
  • Options

<< <i>This price here is more than BBCE charges... >>

What has BBCE charged for cello boxes in the past? They have a wax box up right now for $440.

I agree that the pricing is probably what tempered the excitement, but the OP probably wants to make it worth his while to actually slice open a case that he has had for 25+ years.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I agree that the pricing is probably what tempered the excitement, but the OP probably wants to make it worth his while to actually slice open a case that he has had for 25+ years. >>

Morning,

And the OP can charge whatever the Market will bear, their His, His perogative !! Just don't see the Market at his price point right now !! And I guess I have a different view of Business, 25 years ago he paid who knows what $100-$500 for the case (Most likely way less), Option A: 12 boxes at $500 a box is $6000 Not Sold = 0$ Dollars in pocket. Option B is 12 Boxes at $400 a Box sells out in 15 minutes = $4800 Cash. Me I'm an option B king of Busnessman !!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage