Home U.S. Coin Forum

PUCK YOU - who got one today

tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
I just did after 45 minutes trying both on the phone and the Web. Finally, the Web came through for me. Got my confirmation e-mail as well.

The bad news.....already backordered.

Comments

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been PUCKED!!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    I THINK I did but I'll wait until its actually in hand before getting excited.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server crashed...phone # is busy.....s.o.s. "Fire the Mint Director"image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Got one at around 12:30.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I got one, and the good news for you is that they're ALL backordered.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heard some have been on the phone for over an hour now. go figure
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Geez, I haven't ordered direct from the mint in maybe close to a year.

I see they haven't improved ANYTHING in their ordering methods.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one at about 12:20. It showed as backordered then, so I think Steve27 is correct about them all being backordered.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Got through on the phone @ 10:00 am sharp, PST. Email order confirmation, but also showing as "Backordered".
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭
    Got one in my shopping cart but am unable to close the deal by paying.... hope it doesn't disappear when the "experiencing technical difficulties" is fixed...
  • jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Still trying - argh, I just want one of the Grand Canyons...
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Took from 11am to 11:50 central time to get mine!image
  • jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Since their site is down - how much are they?
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Ordering failed out 5 times for me online, then server crash. Trying on phone and still no luck.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    $279.95 plus $4.95 shipping
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got through on the phone @ 10:00 am sharp, PST. Email order confirmation, but also showing as "Backordered". >>

Since they won't ship for two weeks, it makes sense that they are backordered.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>Since their site is down - how much are they? >>

$280
    theknowitalltroll;
  • You guys really going to do this 5 times. I make more at work than the profit from a flip for as long as this will take.
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    Order went through around 12:25.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got mine. Is it still one per household right now?
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    ordered as well, hope I actually get it.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Shouldnt the title of the thread be "PUCK YOU?" Have not tried the mint myself.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody spring for the "presentation box" ?

I did. image
  • AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I think I got one.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    I got 1 even though it's my least favorite design.
  • I logged in at 1:55 PM eastern and printed my order at 1:57 PM eastern. No problem. Mine is backordered also!!
    Gary
  • CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please tell me why? I am more confused than the Italian grandfather in MOONSTRUCK image
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one for Elite Numismatics.

Anybody ever order for them in the past?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Website order went through fine after problems were fixed. Took about a minute at 3pm ET.
    I'm not a vigilante, I'm an undocumented border patrol agent!
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one. Email confirmation time stamped 12:12. I must have had a good connection and clicked at just the right moment.

<< <i>You guys really going to do this 5 times. I make more at work than the profit from a flip for as long as this will take. >>

You mean 10 times no? Or are the 2011 collector versions not going to be available in 2011?
    theknowitalltroll;
    I have an order number!!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got one, and the good news for you is that they're ALL backordered. >>

I called and spoke with a Customer Relations manager about that.

Nothing is really "backordered" here. They need to verify all methods of payment first and, automatically, placed everyone paying by credit card, into backorder status.

Also, because of the history of the pucks, all shipping is going to be freely upgraded to 2 day delivery. We'll pay the 2 week fee but get the 2 day delivery. Signatures will, likely but as yet unsure of, be required.

They got the pucks ready to go. They just want to make sure the credit cards are good to go as well. image
  • So how many "returns" will happen? I'm guessing not many even if some are sloppy. It will be a shame there will most likely be some ugly ones that ship. The second lottery begins when the shipping starts.
  • heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    Ordered my Hot Spring around 2 PM EST. I am looking forward to seeing the Hot Spring "textured" effect on the reverse. Also ordered silver Proof Medal of Honor and Army coins while I was there. Still on the fence about buying the $5 coins. I will wait and watch the mintage numbers. HM
  • coinboynyccoinboynyc Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    I had no problem ordering one at 7.21pm NYC time. "Backordered," just like everyone else.
    Let's Go Mets!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got three.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one of the ATB special minted 5 oz coin just now, Put on back order like all on the board. I think we are all going to get one with the one per house order limit. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Good to hear about the free upgrade to 2-day shipping. Glad I didn't add anything to get it over $300 since I really didn't want anything else.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Not this time CC tapped out.Darn 2010 pucks.Anyway some may be on the bst soon but e bay is my best bet.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file