Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

RIP Silvereagle92

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so sad. I'm heartsick. So young with so much to look forward to.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LINK

Chadler Alan Williford, 17, of Holly Springs passed away April 30, 2010 after a brief illness.

Chad was born December 4, 1992 in Greensboro, NC to Allen and Cameron Williford. He currently was a junior at Enloe H.S. in Raleigh where he was an honor student. Chad had a great sense of humor and like most teenagers was interested in computers and video games but his great passion was in coin collecting.

In addition to his parents Chad is survived by his sister, Ryan Williford; his maternal grandparents, John and Susan Bullock; paternal grandparents, Joe and Elaine Williford; five great grandparents; five aunts and uncles and six cousins.

A memorial service celebrating Chads life will be held Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 4:00 pm at Apex Funeral Home, 550 W. Williams St, Hwy 55, Apex NC.

The family will receive friends prior to the service from 3:00 until 4:00 pm.

In lieu of flowers the family request that memorials be made to either Duke Childrens Hospital or DUMC Transplant Services at Office of Development, 512 S. Mangum St. Suite 400, Durham, NC 27701-3975, (919) 667-2575 or www.gifts2duke@duke.edu

Online condolences may be made at www.apexfuneral.com

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/02/463672/chadler-alan-williford.html#ixzz0njmqkBMR >>

Thanks for the clarification... I will truly miss him, and his passion in numismatics. image
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    very sad image
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Horrible news! Chad was a great guy and will certainly be missed... image
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bummer!!! I really enjoyed his posts on these boards. 17 is way too young for a life to end, especially with all the great experiences that he has now missed. My condolences to his family and friends. I wish you all the best.image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said my piece about SE92 here.

The rest of this reply is me being speechless.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Wow! I haven't had much time to frequent the boards lately.

Having worked with Chad on numerous occassions - this is just so incredibly sad and numbing.

The last sale/ trade PM with Chad shows him as I knew and choose to remember him.

I'd like to now share it with all of you, in fond remembrance. He was a great guy, a great friend
    and certainly will be sorely missed.
    ************************************************************************************************************************

<< Date Posted: Apr/08/2010 9:24 PM
    Hey Boom,

In that case, I'll consider the coin sold. If you see anything else you're interested in sometime in the future, feel free to make me an offer.

Chad >>

Wow! RIP Chad.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received a free 2009 cent from Chad a while back. A generous friendly guy. Never realized how young of a person he was. This is sad news indeed and he will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of buying a small lot of Indian Head Cents and Large Cents from Chad back in November last year.

Chad's post were always examples of the best among us.

We were blessed to have his company.

My heart goes out to his family and to all who knew him personally and who loved his light.

He obviously touched many people with his generosity of spirt and his openness of mind.

Rest in peace, Chad Williford. Heavenly Father has a new mission for you.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace, Chad Williford i did not have the pleasure of meeting him but after reading his essay i realize this young man has done things that this 53 yr old man is still trying to do, what a great loss to all. My condolonces to his family and all his friends..................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Our deepest sympathies and prayers go out to his family and those close to him.

From what I have read from him and about him, this is truly a great loss.
  • Options
    Past BST deals baddogss,llafoe,braddick,wondercoin,fireman2030, ProofCollection, SNMAN,halfnut1
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    RIP my friend !

I too looked through my pm's and I see I needed a new shiny 2009 cent................Chad hooked me up, fine young man.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    blue594blue594 Posts: 550
    Truely sad. RIP Chad. It is hard to read his essay, knowing his age at the time, and not come away impressed and choked up. May God help his family deal with their tragic loss.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Chad had some of the first 2009 lincoln cents available. I contacted him wanting to buy a quantity to grade. I had no idea he was a youngster and that the 92 was his birthyear. I remember being impressed that he wasn't greedy and was suprised at the premium I was willing to pay for in-hand coins. He express mailed them to me and any of you who bought those early pcgs graded 09 lincolns from me probably have one of his coins.

His maturity and professionalism belied his youth. He was obviously a wonderful young man and I can't express how much I feel for those close to him left behind.

--Jerry
  • Options

Very sad. My condolences.
    BGG
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to lose an enthusiastic YN
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    mrmojorisinmrmojorisin Posts: 272 ✭✭
    very sad to here.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never corresponded directly with Chad, but it was obvious from his posts that he was mature beyond his years. He will be missed. image

JH
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What exactly happened to Chad ??? image >>

I'm still wondering the same as the obituary just mentioned passed away April 30th after a brief illness.

There is a prayer thread on FB by his family that mentions that he was hospitalized on April 24th and his condition was improving but nothing else.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Words are difficult to come by in a time like this. While I didn't have a lot if personal interaction with Chad, I always enjoyed reading his posts and his participation here was always very positive. His contributions and enthusiasm here will be missed.

As most have said, my condolences to his family and friends as well.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is truly sad.

What a great essay he wrote as a YN.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My deepest sympathies to the family. A shocking loss.
  • Options
    SpaceMonkeySpaceMonkey Posts: 3,311
    i had made this sig line image for him a while back... sad to hear this news. image

-sm

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm still wondering the same as the obituary just mentioned passed away April 30th after a brief illness.

There is a prayer thread on FB by his family that mentions that he was hospitalized on April 24th and his condition was improving but nothing else. >>

I was on one of a couple of sites linked and said he had congestive heart failure.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

There is a prayer thread on FB by his family that mentions that he was hospitalized on April 24th and his condition was improving but nothing else. >>

I was on one of a couple of sites linked and said he had congestive heart failure. >>

Thanks Bob.image
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    My condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad, indeed.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was on one of a couple of sites linked and said he had congestive heart failure. >>

Wow. Congestive heart failure at 17. That poor kid. My heartfelt sympathies to his friends and family. That is a hard loss to take. I too enjoyed his posts and amazing insight for a YN. He will be missed. image
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does teach you to not take things for granted. I have children older and younger than Chad and don't know what I would do if something happened to one of them. Typing this through misty eyes and wondering if the 1933 Saint was in the set they gave him at the gate.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    You will be missed - but you will live on here in some small way.

Here is to you .... image
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Positive BST Transactions: kalshacon
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent him a commem once in a give-away and found him to be very polite and grateful for the coin.

Even though we deal with it every day, all of us in the medical profession fall apart when we are confronted with the loss of a young person. I hope his family will be comforted by their memories of this fine young man.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    my condolenses to friends and family

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭
    Very sad. image RIP
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

Thanks for the giveaway Here's my address:

Chad Williford

Cary, NC 27511

He had won a giveaway I had.........I am so very sorry.
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 896 ✭✭✭
    Life is short enough. Leaving too soon is so tragic. My family send our prayers.

John

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace Silvereagle92, I always enjoyed Chad's posts and express condolences to his family and friends.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

Rest in peace, Chad ... may you find peace with our creator and may your spirit enjoy an eternity of joy... Fly on...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, very sad to learn about this.
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, only 17 true lossimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear thisimage

RIP Chad

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For facebook users there is a support page that was set up as he started treatment. Some more info on the discussion of that page.

Facebook page
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so sad when someone dies so young. Peace to him, and condolences to his family and those who loved him.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That is what killed my sister 8 years ago.....she was 28. Not near as young as Chad, but too young.
    Again, I feel for his family as I do understand how hard this can be image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    My condolences to his family. May he rest in God's arms. image
  • Options
    GrillFlameGrillFlame Posts: 41 ✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Options
    Too young to pass on. It's hard to hear stories like that. I hope his family can be at peace and some how comforted.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    dirtybirddirtybird Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly knew Silvereagle92 but he was always gentlemanly in his posts and an asset to the board.

His death is a loss and my condolences go to the family.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of folks were wondering what exactly happened to Chad. His family set up a CaringBridge website, which provides a place for donations in Chad's memory (linked to from his facebook page).

On the CaringBridge, Chad's story was related publicly, so I don't think there would be a problem with mentioning it here:

<< <i>In late March 2010, Chad was admitted to the hospital with difficulty breathing. Upon evaluation doctors discovered fluid around Chad's heart. Many tests were administered and treatment began as Chad was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure.

Mid April 2010, Chad was admitted to the hospital again. He began taking on more fluid and doctors were concerned about the Congestive Heart Failure and wanted to insure that they did everything possible to keep the fluid drained from around his heart.

On the morning of April 22nd, Chad went into Cardiac Arrest. He was immediately placed in ICU.

Chad was transferred to Duke Medical Center in Durham, NC from Wake Medical Center in Raleigh, NC. where he [underwent] treatment. >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file