Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

RIP Silvereagle92

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. This is sad news. I think I had sent him one of the prizes for the YN essay contest. The obituary says to send donations to the Duke Children's Hospital or DUMC Transplant Services. Anyone interested and capable of running a group fundraiser in his memory that could be pinned to the top for a while much like the stolen coin reward threads? >>

I would be willing to if we dont turn it into a group mess.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news... a really good forum member and always a delight to read. RickO
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible tragedy. I cannot imagine the pain his family must be in now, and it sounds like he had a large one. This news makes me really sad.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear. Our condolences to his family...

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    GFourDriverGFourDriver Posts: 2,366
    My heart was broken when I read the news. A wonderful young man with a great way about him. I will remember him as an intelligent, focused kid who was not afraid to ask questions. An unbelievable loss to our community.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>His last post was in March. What ever illness he had must have been quite aggressive. Shocking. image >>

Agreed. He PM'd me on April 14 suggesting I send some coin bezels to Midwest Refineries after I couldn't sell them on the BST. It was good advice.

Wow. Thanks again, Chad.
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Very sad when someone’s life ends before they can reach their potential. I hope he lived his years fully and with happiness.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I never had the pleasure of dealing with him, but through his postings, one would never know he was that young.....just a kid. Not being much older than Chad, and getting ready for a trip to FLA for college football camp, I can't help but feeling, well, a bit guilty. I get to take another class, suit up for another game, have my folks/family cheer me on from the stands...and his family now must try to cope with what might have been, that now, never can be....I just feel numb. It puts everything in perspective.

RIP, Chad...
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Horrible news. Looks like he was a good kid.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone interested and capable of running a group fundraiser in his memory that could be pinned to the top for a while much like the stolen coin reward threads? >>

Due to my time constraints (trip, then back home for more camp/practice), I couldn't organize it, but should someone take it on, count on me to donate, whether for an auction or outright cash donation.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    My prayers to his family.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

This is very sad. I remember him winning Broadstruck's giveaway also. Condolences to his family.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Ok now this is just sad....while I did not know Chad, the death of someone so young is always tragic. My heart goes out to his parents and I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling.....terribly sad situation image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... this is really sad. Talked with him a few times and bought and sold some junk silver with from/to him on the BST over the last couple of years. Was a great kid and this really sucks.

If a fundraiser is put together in his honor count me in for a donation.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too young. Sorry to hear.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭
    I will spearhead the effort to collect the donations from board members in memory or board member SilverEagles92, Chad Williford. I have cleared my PayPal account, and will accept donations until May 30th, and at that time, I will move the money from that account to my checking account, and write a check to the Duke Children's Hospital, as requested by his family.

To donate by PayPal, send payment to: paul4prez2024@excite.com

To donate by mail, send checks to:

Paul Mundt
    PO Box 363
    Lowell, MI 49331

Make sure payment will be received by May 30th. If you're going to cut it close, please send me a PM to let me know.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is truly awful...what a horrible loss for his family. Chad was a joy. I routinely talked Bust halves with him and exchanged dozens of PMs with him. He was a good guy. I never actually knew he was just a kid - he was always a kind gentleman. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and other friends.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That piece of new saddens me...Chad won a couple of giveaways I had. He was always a pleasure to deal with and I enjoyed his posts. My heart goes out to his family.

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Very Sad
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Very sad news image

Condolences to his family.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends... a terrible loss so young.
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    BarcatBarcat Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Terrible when someone so young passes away. My prayers go out
    to his family. RIPimage
    Carolyn
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    That makes me very sad. I gave him a nice Columbian Expo Commem after he won that YN essay contest. I still have the nice thank you card from him. Prayers to his family...
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    please add my prayers
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame. This news put a knot in my stomach. I have a kid about the same age. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and friends. He will be forever missed....
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! This is really shocking and sad!
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    This is shocking terrible news. Chad was a great young man that I enjoyed buying and selling with. He will be dearly missed my others and myself. RIP Chad. The world needs more great young men like you.
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Too young. He will be missed.
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news. It is always so tragic when someone so passes away.
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's terrible to lose anyone from our little community but especially one so young.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

• Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    This is awful. image
    From "talking" with him, I would have never guessed he was so young.
    Thankyou, Broadstruck for posting his essay...

• Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Sad, just sad.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Just wanted to add my condolences to his Family..

Am at a loss for words..

I remember when he joined the forum image Sent him an old Whitman album with a bunch of Counterfeit Trade dollars when he was putting together a set.. He too wrote a nice thank you note...
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem fair...

I always liked his posts....

Wow. image
  • Options
    RIP. Way too young
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I never had the pleasure of dealing with him, but through his postings, one would never know he was that young.....just a kid. Not being much older than Chad, and getting ready for a trip to FLA for college football camp, I can't help but feeling, well, a bit guilty. I get to take another class, suit up for another game, have my folks/family cheer me on from the stands...and his family now must try to cope with what might have been, that now, never can be....I just feel numb. It puts everything in perspective.

RIP, Chad... >>

It certainly does. For all of us. The best thing you can do is keep Chad and his family in your memory and go enjoy all of those things. We are all very lucky to be able to.

This sad news hits incredibly close to home because I have younger family members in that same high school right now. I can't imagine one of them being taken away from us.

Chad will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    Reading this just took my breath away, I'm so sorry for his family, and sorry also for ours here. We've all lost a fantastic young man. I remember very well the essay he wrote, and just read it again with tears - he was an amazing guy. My sincere condolensces to his family, may God help them find peace with time.
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I am speechless. My heartfelt condolences to the family.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mumumumu Posts: 1,840
    Wow that is sad. Rip
  • Options
    StewStew Posts: 1,002
    My condolences to his family
    He will Truly be Missed

Terry
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Having PM'ed Chad over a few years, I'm shocked and saddened to open this thread and read about a members passing. Rest in peace young man.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. So young, so very sad.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Such a great kid, we did several trades together, this is truly sad and a huge loss to the boards and the hobby!!

RIP my buddyimage
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always loved Chad's sense of humor and he did write a great essay!
    He was way to young and I am at a lost for wordsimage
    RIP Chad. You will be missed
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never would have guessed he was just a kid from the way he posted. Way too young image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Very sad to hear. Gave me chills when I read he was the winner of the YN essay contest. Very, very sad.
  • Options
    image way to young! condolences to his family
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but loosing a YN is doubly tragic.

My prayers are with you Chad.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file