Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

colorful newP seated dime from Baltimore - grade posted 12 years later

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 23, 2022 8:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum
Finally found my seated dime with arrows image. I had been holding out for something that had a little color, but wonder now if this is over the top. Comments welcomed. Thanks to blue62vette for the images.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    That's an outstanding example. If you decide it is too over the top for you - just let me know! Great pics blue62vette.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    very nice and congrats on holding out for a nice one, sometimes that is very hard to do. looks like an AU58 to me though, is that what the dealer sold it as?
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reverse had some amazing flash to it. Very nice coin.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Holy crap that is outstanding! Just enough tone to make it really pop to draw ya in. Great example.
  • Options
    its got great eye appeal. love the colors.image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's one heck of a good looking coin!

are you going to get it slabbed?
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Looks like a nice coin. It looks as if it might show some rub on Liberty's leg.

Do you plan to have it certified? If so let us know what happens.
  • Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    collegecoincollector - the dealer didn't list a grade on the 2X2 but it was priced at retail AU money, which I had no problem forking over.

For those asking if I plan to have it certified, the answer is no. This one is 7070 bound.
  • Options
    JW77JW77 Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Trueview really shows off the beauty, amazing eye appeal

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a great coin!

Mr_Spud

• Options
    oakcoinoakcoin Posts: 187 ✭✭

great follow up!

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woohoo!

Great looking coin!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

That is a really beautiful coin. Do you think the toning changed or progressed much while the coin lived in 7070? It doesn't appear to have very much from the images.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file