The Rookie Materials card is an "A" lister and a double to boot. image

Also got a Peyton double #'d to 99. All in all not a bad pair:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    And here's the rest of the "hits":

• Options
    Nice pulls Don. The foil is gonna be tough on those.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Had not seen the SPX yet. I like the design better then last years.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    how does peyton get a red jersey? i cant think of a reason, cant be a throwback jersey - maybe from training camp or the pro bowl?
  • Options

<< <i>how does peyton get a red jersey? i cant think of a reason, cant be a throwback jersey - maybe from training camp or the pro bowl? >>

I didn't think of that. It would probably have to be a pro-bowl jersey. The back of the card doesn't specify of course.

• Options
    I had to run to Shopko this morning to pickup some Tylenol for the kids and stopped by the sportscard section to look for an entertaining pregame rip. I came across a hobby box of 2008 UDx baseball with two autographs per box, so thought that would fit the bill. I hadn't planned that the rip would be worth scanning, but I'm pretty happy with it so thought I'd share.

All the stars were in the box, with several gradeable:

The ink was weak, haven't heard of these guys, but the Pujols insert is going in on a future sub:

Then I pulled this nice little Griffey Jr insert and the plate used to print it. image Only the second 1/1 I've ever pulled:

• Options
    Very Nice Box Don. Congrats on the printing plate
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice!!!

• Options
    Just got done ripping a box of 2009 SP Authentic Baseball that I picked up today. Some very nice hits. Scanning everything now. Stay tuned.

• Options
    I really like the look of these cards. Three autos per box with this product.

Here's a scan of the star power. A few of these will likely go in on my next sub:

Here's a couple of non-autoed rookies and parallels. The Giambi is #'d 10/19, too bad it wasn't someone like Griffey or Pujols. Irod #'d to 59, Wright #'d to 99 and Oswalt #'d to 299:

Here are some of the inserts. Will probably sub the Griffey, unfortunately the Longoria is dinged up. image

And of course, what box of UD would be complete without Retrospective cards:

Good stuff coming. image

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭
    what were the autos in the SP box?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>what were the autos in the SP box? >>

Ahhhh, that is the good stuff to come. Working on that now. image

• Options
    First auto wasn't bad. Not really into these manufactured autos, but it seems everyone is doing them these days and at least these are signed.

Zep will like this first one. image

First up is the Red Sox 1B Kevin Youkilis #'d 12/20:

• Options
    The second auto would make a good box for most people. Again a signed manufactured letter. This time from the young Tigers rookie pitcher Rick Porcello #'d 54/85:

• Options
    The third auto was the jackpot. I'm guessing that this is the rookie auto to pull from SP this year. The hot Orioles prospect catcher Matt Wieters auto'd Future Watch rookie card #'d to 145/200. Looks like just one has closed on eBay thus far as a best offer for $150. imageimageimage

Unfortunately it isn't grade worthy, I'm guessing NM due to touches on a couple corners:

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! 2 great young rookies!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Looks like a good box Don. Congrats. image
  • Options
    very nice box to say the least image

• Options
    Thanks guys. Also busted a blaster of Goodwin Champs this evening. Nothing worth scanning though. The best card was probably a Chone Figgins short print card.

• Options
    Cracked open a box of 2009 Topps Triple Threads that I picked up at the local shop today. 2 packs per box with one containing a triple relic auto and the other containing a triple relic card. I was in the mood to chase a big hit today, but probably wouldn't go with this product again. Anyway....

Here's some of the base cards:

Here's the triple relic. Being a Cards fan it's nice to pull one of the all-time greats. #'d 02 of 27:

And here's the triple relic auto. At least it's a HOF'er and #'d 3 of 3:

• Options
    Nice pulls image
  • Options
    I picked up a box of 2009 SP Threads Football today. Box says 1 Auto, 3 Memorabilia, and 5 Rookies per box.

Here's a scan of the star power pulled within the box. I'll sub the Warner for my registry set on next month's special:

Nobody exciting as far as rookies are concerned:

This is actually one of the nicest looking patch cards I've ever pulled. Flacco #'d 25/25:

Triple jersey card of last year's rookie running back class:

Another jersey card with a slide? embedded within:

My auto was a Hakeem Nicks Lettermen. Not a bad pull, 4 TDs in the last 4 weeks and this month's NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month. #'d 4/8:

And an extra auto in the box. Mohammed Massaquoi, not exciting, but could be worse. #'d 5/8:

• Options
    Pretty good box overall Don. The Flacco patch looks nice.
  • Options
    Massaquoi is a stud,thats a great hit

• Options
    I decided to try a different rip today and found a box of 2007 Bowman Chrome FB at the local shop. No AP in the box. Here is the best of the RCs, along with these were guys like Sydney Rice, Kevin Kolb, and Jacoby Jones:

The uncirculated rookie and the auto were disappointments:

Then, I've had this GAI 7 pack of 1975 Topps Minis sitting around for awhile. I wasn't happy with it as it looked like the pack had bounced around a bit and cards were poking through 3 of the 4 corners of the pack. I also have two PSAs to keep for my unopened collection, so...I ripped it and here's the results. Nothing exciting and horrible centering. The other two cards were a Dwight Evans (gum card) and Joe Ferguson:

• Options
    Better luck next time on the AP.....that seems to be the key card for Bowman Chrome. Sorry i gave you the itch to bust some GAI packs....image
  • Options
    I went a little overboard at the local shop today. Will be ripping boxes of 2009 Topps Finest Football, 2009 Bowman Chrome Football, and 2009 SP Threads. Scans to follow...

• Options
    That Flacco patch is real nice - you can see the actual patch on his jersey too.

good luck with tonight's rip

• Options
    Thanks Zep. Up first will be SP Threads.

• Options
    Get to rippin Don image
  • Options
    Meh box of SP Threads. The Beanie Wells is twice as thick as the Heyward-Bey and only #'d to 50. It's supposed to be a Patch card, unfortunately it's an all white swatch...not very exciting. image Vontae Davis, a CB, was the uneventful letter auto #'d to 9. Peyton and AP may go in under this month's special after I look at them closer. WTH is up with me and Dallas Baker autos lately??? image I like the die-cut insert set and may think about putting one of those together sometime.

Next up Finest and hopefully something better...

• Options
    No big hit, but the Finest was better and fun. I will likely pick up another box this weekend or next week. Austin Collie is a decent rookie WR and Coffee has seen some playing when Gore went down. Collie #'d to 81 and Coffee #'d to 309. Pat White RC refractor #'d to 199. Blue Stafford RC refractor #'d to 429 and will go in under this month's special. Unfortunately the Crabtree refractor was not sub worthy.

• Options
    Also had a Finest Mike Wallace RC #'d to 75. Hopefully he continues to produce for the Steelers.

• Options
    I need to clean my table off. I missed this pile of cards last time around. All 4 will probably be subbed, not sure how to gauge T/B centering though.

• Options
    2009 Bowman Chrome wasn't too bad either. First Sanchez of the night, not sub worthy though. image Beanie Wells was in a box topper pack and #'d to 99. Moreno isn't sub worthy either and too bad Harvin is OC L/R. Maclin is a refractor. The Randy Moss refractor is #'d to 50, Jason Smith refractor #'d to 99, Lance Moore refractor #'d to 150, and David Garrard xfractor is #'d to 250. The auto is a very unexciting Rhett Bomar. Only one auto per box. I was happy that I pulled a sub worthy Warner for my registry set as well as a nice Brady.

• Options

<< <i>Meh box of SP Threads. The Beanie Wells is twice as thick as the Heyward-Bey and only #'d to 50. It's supposed to be a Patch card, unfortunately it's an all white swatch...not very exciting. image Vontae Davis, a CB, was the uneventful letter auto #'d to 9. Peyton and AP may go in under this month's special after I look at them closer. WTH is up with me and Dallas Baker autos lately??? image I like the die-cut insert set and may think about putting one of those together sometime. >>

The Young die cut copies the design from the 1993 Upper Deck SP All Pro insert set. Singles from that set usually sell surprisingly well to this day while the base set has tanked in value with the rookie crop now retired. The Emmitt All Pro card was my all-time favorite for many years. I imagine there will be quite a few nostaligic collectors trying to cobble this set together with you.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Im liking that Finest Pat White refractor
  • Options

<< <i>Im liking that Finest Pat White refractor >>

You don't have your PMs turned on, but it's available. image

• Options
    How do I turn it on?

But im poor so I have to admire it from my computer sadly lol
  • Options

<< <i>How do I turn it on?

But im poor so I have to admire it from my computer sadly lol >>

On the upper right of the screen where you see [customize] [profile] [search] [chat] [today] [help]

Click on the profile button. There is an option to Allow Private Messages. Select Yes.

I'm sure we can work out a trade or something.

• Options
    Thanks for the help

Ive just gotten back into collecting for the first time in years

What do you collect and ill see if I have it in my stash
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the help

Ive just gotten back into collecting for the first time in years

What do you collect and ill see if I have it in my stash >>

pm sent

• Options
    daddymc is a class act

• Options

<< <i>Also had a Finest Mike Wallace RC #'d to 75. Hopefully he continues to produce for the Steelers. >>

He will. I'm biased as anything being an Ole Miss alum, but Wallace will be a stud and will end up being an absolute steal for the, um, Steelers in the 3rd round. They've been in love with him since day 1 of training camp and is already exceeding their expectations. Even though he had a solid senior year at Ole Miss, he was thought of to be more of a "project" at WR and had the sub-4.3 speed thing going for him. No one thought he'd already have the rookie year he has had just halfway through the season.
  • Options
    I cracked open a couple of packs of 2009 Sweet Spot Baseball today. Auto's are inserted 1 in every three, otherwise you get a memorabilia card. Base cards are not the ugliest cards, but not necessarily attractive either IMO. Nothing exciting. Here's the highlights.

• Options
    I also picked up another box of Bowman Chrome football today. Nice box topper - Sanchez parallel RC #'d to 99. Wish the L/R centering was a little better, I would sub it. Pulled a regular Sanchez RC as well. The #'d refractors were all decent. Not a bad box overall except for the lame auto.

• Options
    I received my Black Friday order of junk modern wax from Blowout today and also picked up a box of 2009 UD Basketball. One of the boxes of 2009 UDx is a prize in my 2000th post contest, but the others I will probably rip through this weekend. I will start with the 2009 UD Basketball tonight. Might follow it up with the 2007 Leaf Rookies and Stars Football.

• Options
    Get to rippin Don. I hope you pull something big
  • Options
    Well nothing too exciting in the UD Basketball. 16 packs per box with 3 jerseys and 1 auto per box. Base set appears to be 1-200 with 201-300 being one-per-pack short print rookies and immortals. Product looks pretty much like a typical UD base set. Much like baseball has the Yankee Legacy set, basketball has a Michael Jordan Legacy insert set. There were 8 in this box. I like the Masterpiece insert set...perhaps a hint of a future UD product with retired players. Don't care for the 3-D cards, though my kids might like them. The Jason Kidd jersey card is destoyed/ripped on one end and the auto is a no name. The Lebron/Drexler jersey card is a pretty cool pull though. Here's the highlights: