Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

11/07 - Assorted Rips - Ripping Some Modern Wax Boxes Tonight

124»

Comments

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully some better luck on the next box. Starting on 2007 Leaf R&S football and hoping for a AP rookie.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Not a bad basketball box overall with the Dual Jersey of James. My luck with basketball is terrible. I have almost quit busting it.
    I don't rip basketball very often, but thought I would on a whim today since I hadn't in quite some time.

Well here's the hits from the 2007 Leaf R&S Football. Good thing it was only $45. Rookie auto could have been worse I guess, but the Gaines Adams card is just stupid looking since it's all the same color and so big. Cotchery is #'d to only 25 and going to a kid that collects Jets cards that my wife's Jaycee group is helping out for Christmas. Favre #'d to 249.

Taking a little break and trying to decide if I want to be a glutton for punishment and rip the 2008 Co-Signers baseball next.

• That donation of the Jets card should make some kid really happy image
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Housh. It has to get better.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Well, not much better yet. 2008 Topps Co-Signers Baseball with 3 autos per box. The dual auto is a redemption that I actually I have to mail in. The other two are guys I don't know much about. The Pujols insert is #'d 006/200. Too bad it couldn't have been #5. image It's a nice card, but on thicker stock. Not sure if it would require the large/pack slab or if it would work in the normal slab.

Decided to go for broke and rip the last box too - 2009 UDx Baseball. Probably the best box of the night. The Jeter Xponential inserts all have shots at a 10. With all the Jeters popping up, I was hoping an auto would pop too, but no such luck. Also pulled a Porcello RC die cut, but the jersey card hit did not have the jersey inserted into it! image

• Thank you for sharing all these rips with us all. It entertained me for quite a while and I'm sure others as well