Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

a man from CA told me in august of 2009 cc morgans

will all double in price when the book is out in august 2009.

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Oh really...a man told you that huh?

You should probably buy as many as possible ASAP.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "the book"?
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    In August of 2008?
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was "The Man" then I believe you!
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    let me guess: he's also selling some and you can get in on the ground floor???

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    I highly doubt that.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant keep up you trying to get to 2000 post fast I think you'll be there next week at this speed. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be a good book and may bring some awareness to some cc's but will not raise the series.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he's right, then I'll unload a couple of hundred and we'll get the price back down ASAP.
    Sure don't want inflated CC's, right?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

You say he was from CA? Them brothers ain't been doin' too good with their money decisions lately.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    guys im really serious i dont know how true it is but he told me just watch in august 2009
  • Options
    I could guess who you are talking about. Like I said, I look forward to the book but don't believe the hype on prices rising.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>You say he was from CA? Them brothers ain't been doin' too good with their money decisions lately. >>

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can they get any more inflated then they alread are, for most issues that is
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he did tell you.
    Hi, my name's Joe and I just come here to socialize because a woman told me to stay away. image
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭

<< <i>You say he was from CA? Them brothers ain't been doin' too good with their money decisions lately. >>

He didn't say "The Man" was from the State Government. )
  • Options
    You see everybody they are dated a year of a morgan, and with a CC, but all minted in 2009...

THANKS CHINA image

LOL!
  • Options
    I once knew a man from Nantucket...
  • Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>guys im really serious i dont know how true it is but he told me just watch in august 2009 >>

Woo hoo, I want to be rich. How much will my GSA CC 1884 morgan that should go ms65 possibly PL be worth in August?

<----- singing..... "I WAnnnnaaa beeeee RICH!!!"
    Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

You mean Arnie Taxinator is not doing any good?
  • Options
    Unless the price of silver explodes, I can't see that happening. Not with this economy and not with the current state of collectibles in general.
    l
    By explodes, I mean silver hits a minimum of $30 to $50 an ounce but even with that, only the lower end coins would get pushed up, the higher end would most like hold their value. (there's not enough silver in them to push the price up because the collectible value far exceeds the silver content).

I 'could' of course be wrong but any event... did this man have a name? Is he planning some global calamity that would drive the price of silver up?

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Did this man have the initials "Bernie Madoff", by chance???image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    Title of the forthcoming book: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by Rufus Falling
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608

<< <i>let me guess: he's also selling some and you can get in on the ground floor??? >>

Second guess: the original poster is selling some, and wants to fleece some newbies.
  • Options
    That's what I thought originally but, be real, would you be confident buying from this guy???????

I think not.....I just think he has "issues"
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>will all double in price when the book is out in august 2009. >>

Would you like to buy some land off the coast of Florida?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    I don't have any 2009-CC Morgans in my set. Sounds like this man from CA is onto something !!

If this coin doubles, I will be happy:

or is it just these that will double:

As long as there are suddenly so many opportunities for me to spam the Boards
    with images of my Morgans, I will take the bait !! image
  • Options
  • Options
    BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    Is this 7OVER8 ??

Did you switch from the 2008 W Unc Platinum to Morgans?
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    All I have is this 2008 CC:

imageimage
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I know who you're talking about. While the book combined with heavy promotion on his part may cause his prices of CC coins to go up to the people to whom he promotes them, the common issues are still priced rather high compared to their historical levels.
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

<< <i>Oh really...a man told you that huh?

You should probably buy as many as possible ASAP. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did this work out anyways?

Sometimes you don't know what you got til it's gone : )

I miss him : )
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I have no legs

Ching Ching

Ching Ching
  • Options
    I assume he had a few for sale as well. I hope he's right
    Greg Bose
    CoinSpace.com Founder
    www.coinspace.com
  • Options
    Ads in the Numismatist from the 50's and 60's said the same thing.
  • Options

<< <i>Ads in the Numismatist from the 50's and 60's said the same thing. >>

I thought he might have been a Numismatic Nostradamus : )
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe he was a little bird in disguise

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always amazes me how the rumor mill operates.... and so many people believe the garbage that floats around. The real classic is "It's true, I saw it on the internet." Or the old one..."They could not say it on TV if it wasn't true." All rubbish, like most of the rumors and conspiracy theories. Ignore it and collect coins... (Oh yeah, I forgot... the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012...ROFLMFAO) Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    any day now I guess........................this thread still cracks me up...............MJ
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not august!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    exactlyimage
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have doubled in price or more......at least for the B&M shops that buy them over the counter with other common circ Morgans for $10-$15 each.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Hmm, going to double in price? Thats odd considering I own a large array of CC morgans ranging from 200.00 to 20,000 and I have yet to see any signifigant price jump. I have however seen a few high end cc dmpl morgans drop in price.
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he meant the price for them was going to double on another planet.image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file