Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE 1975 Mini Group break results - Post your mini's!

Comments

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Guy nice cards, Nick you did really well on the Stars.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I see that Rose comes with a piece of his hair, nice pull. image >>

Ya I've been everywhere man, I even got my share man..
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    The Brock is especially nice!
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    PM sent jasen
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Brock is especially nice!
    Bob >>

A clearer closeup.

• Options
    I assume you are submitting that Brock but if you want to sell it raw, let me know. It sure looks like a 10!
    Bob
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am submitting it Bob, but I think it only has a chance at a 9 due to a whisp of white showing across from Lou's nose on the right border.
  • Options
    Does the brock have a bump on the left edge or is it just me?, i pulled several like that-almost direct left from top of hat on left edge?
  • Options
    I haven't opened my 2 packs yet, my question is since the Brett and the Yount were already pulled should I keep my packs sealed?

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    We purchased 5 boxes, so the fact that aaron, brett, etc. has been pulled should not have as much an impact as if we split one box.
  • Options
    Sounds good, I'll try my luck on em later tonight probably.

Mark
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    for those asking for help on cards for sets.. can you list the player names with those.
    will be much easier for us guys looking to help you out..
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice pulls Nick.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp cards, Nick! Seavers looks like a possible PSA 9!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't opened my 2 packs yet, my question is since the Brett and the Yount were already pulled should I keep my packs sealed? >>

I always dislike this question. Somehow, to me, it shows the ethics of some of the people here, present company included. We know that the "key cards" have been pulled, so what do we do? We want to seal the packs, knowing that the probability of pulling the star cards has become smaller. In many cases, people like this will try to sell the packs through a venue, stating "possible Brett or Yount rookie card" knowing very well that the chances have been much smaller of pulling such a card.

• Options
    "people like this"

Well let me say your way out in left field on this one. I'm about as honest as they come! I think maybe you should try and learn alittle about someone on here before basically in my eyes accusing them of being a scammer!
    As a final note on this
    I have never sold a pack in my life!

Mark
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Irrelevant question in the first place. Minis come in bunches, so the presence of a brett makes another more likely, not less. I just pulled trips and quads from the same boxes this weekend....along with some very ugly cards, and some stunning ones as well.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I tried to post my mini but Photobucket deleted it already.
  • Options

<< <i>"people like this"

Well let me say your way out in left field on this one. I'm about as honest as they come! I think maybe you should try and learn alittle about someone on here before basically in my eyes accusing them of being a scammer!
    As a final note on this
    I have never sold a pack in my life! >>

I am perfectly within my rights to ask this question, and to question the integrity of those who ask whether they should keep packs sealed once a known key card has been found.

The problem is this -- if the key cards had not been pulled, would you have even asked the question of whether to keep the packs sealed? No, my guess is that you'd probably have opened them without hesitation. So, you ask the question of whether to keep the packs sealed, based on the premise that the key cards have been found. This to me implies that you understand that the sealed pack (in your opinion) may be more valuable than the "contents of the pack", based on the information provided.

Furthermore, based on DoctorK's reassurance, or whatever you call it, that the pulling of the key cards does not have a great impact because of the quantity bought, you then decide that the best course of action is probably to open the packs. Once again, the probability factor plays out here, and you play the odds.

I'm not accusing you of being a scammer, but what I am doing is questioning the ethics of those (including you and other people) who keep packs sealed once a key card has been found. This to me is like buying one of those boxes which contain "1 in 24" autographs, ripping the packs until you find the autograph, and then keeping/selling the remainder of the unopened packs in the box, knowing that the chances of finding the "autograph" are almost nil.

If you don't sell packs, that's fine with me. You're right. I don't know you, your collecting habits, or your business habits. But I can only base my statements on what I read, and I read your question probably a great deal different than you do.
  • Options
    Went to my P.O. Box today...........still no packs!
  • Options
    I thought this was a group "rip". Not a group "let's see what everyone else rips first, and then decide to rip or not to rip". Lame. Especially since all five boxes sold out in a couple of hours and many people got shut out.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought this was a group "rip". Not a group "let's see what everyone else rips first, and then decide to rip or not to rip". Lame. Especially since all five boxes sold out in a couple of hours and many people got shut out. >>

I got shut out so I had to buy my own box.

But I think I'll wait and see if any good cards are pulled out of the first 5 boxes before I

open mine image
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Opened two of my packs, planning on slabbing the other two packs. This is the best card out of the bunch. Most cards had nice corners, edges, although most were off centered 70/30 left to right, some worse. Here is the best pull. What do you think this will grade? I am thinking PSA 7 with the upper left edge being tweaked and the printing dots on the card.

• Options
    I think a 7.5 on the Rose. But what do I know.............
    Bob
  • Options
    My two packs arrived today, nothing incredible, but it was a fun rip and provided a much needed mental break. Here are the scans.

Pack 1

Pack 2
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Mostly decent centering, fun rip!

Pack 1

Pack 2

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Here's the cards I got in my two packs:

Nothing too special, but fun to rip!
    Matt

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nam, Great pulls. Yount is nice too
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    The UPS guy just showed up. 2 packs.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Pack 2

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I very pleased with the two hits. The Carter was the Gum card in the first pack, and the Rice was the second to last card in the second pack.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow those are awesome pulls. Nice to see it!!!!! image
  • Options
    Carter 9oc
    Rice 6.5 (Edges are funny)

Since the Font on the Carter is smaller, I'm not sure how far off the T/B centering is. Maybe straight PSA 8?
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I would have guessed 8 on both....maybe 9 even. They look great from here!
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Rice and Carter, nice to see some more HOF rookies. Anyone else rip yet? I was expecting more scans considering 5 boxes sold.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Let's see some more scans...
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see some more scans... >>

ditto

• Options
    Puddy you did really well those cards!
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    That Carter and Rice are two big HITS image

Has there been a Nolan Ryan or Aaron sighting yet?
  • Options

<< <i>That Carter and Rice are two big HITS image

Has there been a Nolan Ryan or Aaron sighting yet? >>

I haven't seen a Ryan posted, and I think it was Nam that had an Aaron record breaker. I don't think there has been a regular issue Aaron pulled though.

• Options
    These cards look well centered for the most part.
    I opened a box the other day 36 packs and got killed on the o/c cards just about every star was o/c

If anyone has well centered cards for sale or trade please LMK
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I havn't ripped my packs yet. I have been very busy and have not had the time to sit down and rip!! I will post scans as soon as I do.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    still need these... anyone???

75 topps mini

4-5-20-30-50-100-191-198-200-202-205-216-228-255-260-320-500-580
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    2 going to PSA. Busted 2. Sorry for the bad pics

imageimageimage
  • Options
    None of these are worth subbing, right?

Morgan/Bench- OC + T/B bad

Maris- print dot

Christenson- 8.5 maybe?

Gibson 8- ?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    The Christenson is a pretty low pop 9...I'd say it's worth a try!
  • Options
    Thanks. I will.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I had 2 packs, no stars, but the centering was a lot better than the last time we ripped these packs. Still, I only have about 3 sub-able cards, the rest are just barely too much OC.
  • Options

<< <i>I had 2 packs, no stars, but the centering was a lot better than the last time we ripped these packs. Still, I only have about 3 sub-able cards, the rest are just barely too much OC. >>

how much is too much OC?
  • Options
    Had a dentist appointment today, and I finished ripping my 4 packs as a "reward." Reminded me of being a kid and picking out a cheap toy from a huge treasure chest when I was done.

I'm leaving for a softball game, but will post some scans when I return. Got some decent stars/hits. Especially in my last pack that I was going to save. Glad I didn't.