Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE 1975 Mini Group break results - Post your mini's!

All right let's see everyone's hits... I'll get this started by posting the results from my 7 packs - nothing special but I really think some people are going to be very happy when they pull the HOF'ers!

Also if anyone is looking to sell their commons I'd be willing to buy - looking to put a nice raw set together - don't really care if the cards are oc.

Comments

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Looks like decent centering. Was the centering pretty good across all your packs?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Most of the mini's looked like this... I would say on average there was 2 dead centered cards per pack.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Post your mini's! >>

Bill??

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Post your mini's! >>

Bill??

image >>

let's try and keep this clean... we all know you only have huge one's LMM! image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasen, the Tidrow and Hargrove (if those were the ones you considered centered) would be considered OC top to bottom by PSA. How many cards were lost due to gum and/or wax?
  • Options
    brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    I would be interested in any Brewers that would grade a 9
  • Options

<< <i>Jasen, the Tidrow and Hargrove (if those were the ones you considered centered) would be considered OC top to bottom by PSA. How many cards were lost due to gum and/or wax? >>

Nam - the second 4 are the example of typical pack centering... I for sure would not consider those centered and would not sub them.

Only the top card that was on the wax rapper is bad - the gum just fall right off the gum-card with little or damage.
  • Options
    Thanks Jasen. Cant wait to receive mine, since this batch from the new find seems leaps and bounds better than the 60+ packs I've opened in the last 2 years.
  • Options
    Praying for mail today,does ups run on saturday?
  • Options

<< <i>Praying for mail today,does ups run on saturday? >>

No.
  • Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- I just got mine regular mail!!!!!!!!!
    Guess im used to getting cases from steve ups i just assumed he always shipped by them.Ill do a happy dance, pray to emmitt smiths hair and jerry garcia's ashes, and rip after i get cleaned up, i was planting flowers in the rainimage
  • Options
    opps, double post- slow connection, i stink image

We all should get ours today then, on the east coast anyways?
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Mine just showed up. image I always say Im gonna hold one back for an unopened collection but don't have the will power.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    unopened packs are like unscratched lottery tickets.
  • Options
    Two catchers named ellie. what are the chances. I think the ellie rodriguez is submittable. 8 maybe a 9. Opinions?

• Options
    Ok somebody show me a pefect centered top to bottom example, because these are all over the place, front and back
  • Options
    Pack 2 was better condition. Reggie was a big letdown. First pack centering on the backs was brutal. Pack 2 was perfect on the backs.

• Options
    Here are my best with front and back centering. The Popovich has wax on the front. Does that get an ST qualifier?

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    None yet for me on the East Coast. Hopefully everyone gets them today, rips them all, scans all cards, and no Bretts, Younts, Aarons, or Ryans. That would give me a good chance with my four packs wouldn't it.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Somebody is bound to hit the mother load in one of the lots.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    The second pack is about as good centering as I have seen on a complete mini pack. the first is far more common. The alcs is a very low pop 9 (4), popovich is not a hard 9 at all.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    i got a yaz/rose/mccovey/ bench rbi/ carew batting leaders, i need to figure the top to bottom centering on mine in hand
  • Options
    storming, scan laterimage

Aprox how far down the card should the top team name be to be centered? 1/8th of a inch or so?
  • Options
    Got my four packs today. It was a lot of fun ripping these. Kind of a rush everytime I saw a card with the same colors as the Brett RC. Unfortunately no Brett or Yount and not much star power in my packs. Here are the HOF cards and only one common that might be gradeable. A lot of NM cards due to centering issues or slight corner dings.

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    sure hope some stars / rookies start showing up..
    thats at least one box so far I would think... with no rose, ryan, bench
    lynn, rice, yount, brett.. granted they could be from different boxes..
    you would think someone would have pulled at least one of them..

edit to add.. maybe ploobims did pull a bench and a rose??
    not sure if that is a leader card or regular issue
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    my one pack arrived today.

nicely centered. 2 biggest names are Torre and bobby Murcer. both look perfect to me but what do I know, I collect PSA4 Goudeys.

No gum damage other than to my son's tongue.
  • Options
    i pulled a reg rose, the bench was a rbi leader, was a frank robinson and bob gibson inthere but are way oc, im still trying to figure the centering top to bottomimage
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I picked mine up yesterday. Will rip tomorrow once I get home.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    there are commons from 12 packs if i ever get advice on top/bottom centering
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    image yes- i got a pete pube, guess i need to clean my scannerimage
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice pull on that Rose.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous Yaz!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Nice HOF hits... we are still looking for the Younts and Bretts
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

this is what i need to finish my set. looking for cards that are not horribly off-center alittle 80-20 or better is ok. let me know what you have i know one of the is the brett and i have an extra yount somewhere to trade.

SOMEONE HELP!!

75 topps mini

4-5-20-30-50-100-191-198-200-202-205-216-228-255-260-320-500-580
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Let me add that I need to upgrade four cards in my 1975 Topps mini set. I need the following numbers:

241 257 312 562

Let me know if you'd be willing to sell me any of these. They may be in my 2 packs I bought.

Thanks
  • Options
    My 14 packs arrived yesterday, and I did pretty well as far as centered commons and star power. Here is a look at the stars.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭

<< <i>My 14 packs arrived yesterday, and I did pretty well as far as centered commons and star power. Here is a look at the stars.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage >>

Very nice.

I didn't get crap in my 3 packs
  • Options
    Nice pulls Nick!
  • Options
    A Brett, Yount, and Aaron. Very nice! image

• Options
    nice pulls do you think the Brett can pull a 9?
  • Options
    anyone looking to move their commons please let me know... I'm interested in putting the set together now... I've got about a 75 card start so I can use just about everything!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nick ... Pretty well? Looks like you did AWESOME! Good luck on the grades!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>nice pulls do you think the Brett can pull a 9? >>

No. The corners are sharp and square with no color missing at all, but the left to right centering is 31/69 so I will be just hanging on for an 8 since 70/30 can still get an 8.

I am going to start a separate thread later with scans of some of my commons that I will be sending in for grading.

Edited to add: In 14 packs (140 cards) I did not pull any MVP, Playoff, Checklist, or "4 player" Rookie cards, and the only highlight I pulled was the Aaron. I just thought that was odd since those 55 cards (MVPs, Playoffs, Checklists, Rookies, Highlights) make up over 8% of the set, and my 140 cards (although not all different) is over 21% of the set.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure steve got the packs you got mixed up with my 12 nickimage
    at least somebody got a yount and a brettimage
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are some real beauties! The Seaver looks like it has a legit shot, no?