Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE 1975 Mini Group break results - Post your mini's!

13»

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Here are the gradeable cards from my 4 packs. Besides these I also got an Johnny Bench off center, and Bob Gibson highlight off center. These scanned cards should all receive at least 9's with the exception of Robinson which would get an 8 for an corner ding in the upper left.
    Maybe better luck next time.....

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    milbroco, the Tanner/White Sox card looks like it has a slight slant to it on the top. Would that affect the grade in any way?
  • Options
    Just got back from a work trip to find the delivery. Cracked the two packs and found nice Yaz that should grade as a 8, and the rest were commons with grading potential of mostly 7 to 7.5. Asexpected, the top cards have the bad wax, but the bummer is they, along with the back cards, have slight corner dings and are not worthy of grading. Will try to post scans later this weekend.

--And, if any of my Box #5 compatriots would like to sell out their packs - I'm buying. My set is #16 at 50% so I have some some cards to fill.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Mike92694 - It does have a slight tilt. I have seen worse tilts in 9 holders so I am not sure.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Ok, here were my hits from my 4 packs...

The Munson, Killebrew and Brett all came from the last pack. I was going to save it and have it slabbed...glad I didn't.

That was a lot of fun. Thanks again to Steve and BBCE and leathtech for setting this up.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Brett RC. Is it me or does it seem like there are a bunch of Lou Brocks being pulled?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the G. Brett !
  • Options

<< <i>Is it me or does it seem like there are a bunch of Lou Brocks being pulled? >>

That's what I thought when I pulled it. Nice looking card though.
  • Options
    i have 92 extras for 60$ if anyone wants them for a raw set or something
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    There have been a lot of Brocks pulled and all nicely centered.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>nice pulls do you think the Brett can pull a 9? >>

No. The corners are sharp and square with no color missing at all, but the left to right centering is 31/69 so I will be just hanging on for an 8 since 70/30 can still get an 8.

I am going to start a separate thread later with scans of some of my commons that I will be sending in for grading.

Edited to add: In 14 packs (140 cards) I did not pull any MVP, Playoff, Checklist, or "4 player" Rookie cards, and the only highlight I pulled was the Aaron. I just thought that was odd since those 55 cards (MVPs, Playoffs, Checklists, Rookies, Highlights) make up over 8% of the set, and my 140 cards (although not all different) is over 21% of the set. >>

I'm confused. How do you measure centering? I used the "jruler" application to measure your Brett Card, and I see 42/58 l/r and 65/35 t/b. My measurements were done as follows:

Left/Right: At the green/purple deliniation, each side measured from the edge of the card to the outside portion of the white border.
    Top/Bottom: Top -- measured from the edge of the card to the top of "ROYALS". Bottom -- measured from the edge of the card to the bottom of "George Brett".
  • Options
    Ploobims - please send me your list of extras. Are these from the BBCE packs? I have a graded set and will pick up raw if they fill the gaps in my set. Thx.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    someone please help with these!!!

75 topps mini

4-5-20-30-50-100-191-198-200-202-205-216-228-255-260-320-500-580

thanks

great looking cards all
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    If anyone is selling any of their mini's from the group buy (or your own Conlon mini buys) I would be interested in a bunch.

Just drop me a pm with card numbers, overall condition, and pricing.

Thank you!

Tony (aconte)
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    5 boxes and this is all of the scans? where are they hiding?
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191

<< <i>5 boxes and this is all of the scans? where are they hiding? >>

Good question I was thinking the samething... I know some people were going to send there in for grading - but not this many!
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Mine are still on my desk unopened. I almost opened them last night but resisted the temptation.
  • Options
    5 boxes and this is all of the scans? where are they hiding?
  • Options
    i actually opened my 2 today. 1st pack had McCovey on top with the wax. It was the highlight of both packs.All commons and 4 team cards. I love 75 mini's and dont know why and have opened 10 packs in the last 2 or 3 years. I have lots of nm/mint commons to show for it. I really wanted a brett! maybe next time.
  • Options
    i've submitted a couple of my cards to psa. don't know what i'm going to get for grades. i'm a real lousy grader, and i kinda dropped the cards (as in dropped on the floor) on the way to the post office, so they could be anywhere from 1 to 9. I'll let you know when i receive them.

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i've submitted a couple of my cards to psa. don't know what i'm going to get for grades. i'm a real lousy grader, and i kinda dropped the cards (as in dropped on the floor) on the way to the post office, so they could be anywhere from 1 to 9. I'll let you know when i receive them. >>

????

What cards did you get?
    Matt

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that Munson card. Topps Vault recently auctioned off the negative photo for the card, which I should have grabbed, would have made for an awesome display. Like, totally.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.