Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group bulk sub...POPPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Wow, those 52's are awsome. Those must be crack outs being resubed because no one has cards in that condition just laying around ungraded. Very nice. This sub will be fun.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are my 52's. I had them left over from a lot I bought last year. I know a couple of them looked like they might be a different size, but they all checked out compared to other '52's, so I guess we'll see what the grader thinks. I've been waiting for a good opportunity to sub those, and I found one!

The Ryan is a Topps card, the other '77s and the Palmer are OPCs:

Some Minis from the last group break:

A couple card show pickups, won't get higher than a 7 probably:

Fingers crossed on these '52s:
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow, those 52's are awsome. Those must be crack outs being resubed because no one has cards in that condition just laying around ungraded.

You would be amazed at what is actually out there raw.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    If these were cracked out, it wasn't by me. I bought these (14) in a lot on ebay back in 2007 for about $300. I subbed ten of them, eight of which came back slabbed. That left me with two that I never subbed, and two that were bounced back. I don't want to go into which ones bounced back because I don't want to jinx myself. I want to give the cards an honest second chance, and test the graders consistency. I already made my money back and then some from this little experiment, with the help of the two 7's I received. Here are the results of the other cards subbed from this group:

04597532 1952 TOPPS 21 FERRIS FAIN BLACK BACK 7
    04597533 1952 TOPPS 26 MONTY IRVIN BLACK BACK 6
    04597534 1952 TOPPS 41 BOB WELLMAN BLACK BACK 7
    04597535 1952 TOPPS 48 JOE PAGE CORRECT BIO-BLACK BACK 5
    04597536 1952 TOPPS 54 LEO KIELY BLACK BACK 6
    04597537 1952 TOPPS 75 WES WESTRUM N/A 6
    04597538 1952 TOPPS 99 GENE WOODLING N/A 6
    04597539 1952 TOPPS 139 KEN WOOD N/A 5
    04597540 1952 TOPPS 155 FRANK OVERMIRE N/A 6
    04597542 1952 TOPPS 233 BOB FRIEND N/A 5

Like I said, I was just waiting on another opportunity to send in the remaining cards, and I feel like this is a good time.

Here are larger scans:

• Options
    As of today, 3 packages have been received without payment. If you have been notified that your cards were received but have not paid, please send payment ASAP with Paypal to dholler@comcast.net
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Bill, I know you're shipping tomorrow so I just want to say thanks again for organizing this.
  • Options
    May give it one more day. At least two of the packages that were sent have been in USPS limbo for over a week.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Paid
  • Options

Also, still have a few people who's payments have not been received. I believe I have contacted everyone through PM, but just in case, please send payment ASAP.

I think we have all the cards being subbed so they will ship out in the morning.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John McLain was Bruce Willis' character from the Die Hard series. You're welcome.

Edited to add: Steve Barnes played Agent Drucker on 2 episodes of Prison Break.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>John McLain was Bruce Willis' character from the Die Hard series. You're welcome. >>

Hi Nick!
  • Options
    John McLain's brother has been identified.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>John McLain's brother has been identified. >>

You're welcome. Where's my money?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Bill

If it was me I'd make a deadline and stick to it. If payment is not made by that time I'd simply send the cards back raw.

Sometimes one has to be a hard arse.

JMHO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    With the exception of a few small payments, I think everything is straightened out now.
  • Options
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    Should post the entire results on here, would be fun to see.

here are the 4 I sent:
    (Maravich) image

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I will send this to the top with a thank you to LSU

writers cramp?

Happy Holidays !!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I too would like to thank LSU. May everyones grades be better than expected and super fast poppage.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Yeah Bill, thanks again for doing this for everyone! That's a TON of work.

Is there any way you can post the sub number so I can drive myself nuts by checking for poppage every five minutes? lol
  • Options

<< <i>Is there any way you can post the sub number so I can drive myself nuts by checking for poppage every five minutes? lol >>

Planned on posting updates as they came but I will also PM the sub number to those that participated.
  • Options
    I figured you would keep us updated, but I just have this compulsion that when I'm waiting on a sub from PSA, I check every day, about once an hour during PSA's business hours, to see if my grades have popped. On my most recent sub, I waited from 10/30 to 12/22 for my grades to pop. You can imagine how many times I checked that page! I can be a little ridiculous when it comes to waiting for grades to pop. I wish there was a support group where I could talk about my feelings and share with others about how hard it is to wait for poppage... lol
  • Options
    I feel your pain Jeff. My last sub I was anxiously awaiting the results from 2 of the 50+ cards. I literally checked every 10 minutes or so starting on the second day after sub was logged in. It's like walking into Disneyland for the first time when you click on the sub number and the grades actually there. That excitement is usually followed by "What! No! Great, I got Stevie Wonder again!!".
  • Options
    Yep! My reaction when mine popped yesterday was YES!! CRAP!! YES!! YES!! CRAP!! SWEET!! oh well... YES!!!

lol
  • Options
    Elvis has left the building. Anyone who participated and would like the DC#, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    The days of 0 psa 10 1992 Mitch Websters are nearing the end. To celebrate, I may send Mitch a 92 Micro Topps and see if he would sign it. Anyone have his address?
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>The days of 0 psa 10 1992 Mitch Websters are nearing the end. To celebrate, I may send Mitch a 92 Micro Topps and see if he would sign it. Anyone have his address? >>

4935 Quail Creek Dr.
    Great Bend, KS. 67530
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to echo everyone elses sentiments..... Thanks...thanks... thanks....!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Just so Jeff doesn't ask me 5 times this weekend, the cards have not been received at PSA yet. However, today is still possible since we have another 2 hours left. I can check about 25 more times in 2 hours.
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Hey Bill!

I'm not involved in this group sub but was wondering if PSA had received the cards yet.

Well?
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    Even though it has been 2 full USPS shipping days, it has not arrived.
  • Options

<< <i>Even though it has been 2 full USPS shipping days, it has not arrived. >>

You've obviously stolen everyone's cards and money. ADMIT IT!. Then we'll raise $5,000 to bribe PSA to ban you. WE'RE ON TO YOU LSUTIGERS!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Then we'll raise $5,000 to bribe PSA to ban you. >>

No need to do that. I already died and willed everyones cards to my kids. I can only post here because Elvis is letting me use his computer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Then we'll raise $5,000 to bribe PSA to ban you. >>

No need to do that. I already died and willed everyones cards to my kids. I can only post here because Elvis is letting me use his computer. >>

You better be quick...John F. Kennedy needs to use that computer.

edited to add: if anyone actually gets that movie reference, I'll send you a PSA 9 Robin Yount. image
  • Options
    I have no idea what movie it was but I will take the Yount as long as it isn't a 1988 Topps.
  • Options
    An American Carol
  • Options
    Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0001 4521 1036

Your item was delivered at 8:25 AM on December 27, 2008 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658.
  • Options

<< <i>Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0001 4521 1036

Your item was delivered at 8:25 AM on December 27, 2008 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658. >>

Cool. Just wish they logged it in same day!!!
  • Options
    Let the non-stop clicking on "Submission Status" begin.

If anyone that subbed cards and does not want the grades posted on this thread when they pop, please PM me. I know some people like to be surprised (good or bad) when they have the cards in hand.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Hi Bill, I didn't send any cards in your sub, but I wanted to commend you on your efforts on getting that sub together.

Brian
  • Options
    Is it logged in yet?
  • Options
    Is it logged in yet?
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    i missed out
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Is it logged in yet?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Is it logged in yet?
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    cool!

Everyone start praying......+1, +1, +1