Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Group bulk sub...POPPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Oaksey,

+1 for JO

+1 for the price break!

Turn times have been overwhelmingly fast from what guys are posting lately.

I'm getting ready to send a few raw Mantles in by the end of this week and I hope I have the same luck!

PoppaJ
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    The carrier pigeon picked up my stack of cards today, so they should be there by spring. (or Friday, whichever is earlier)
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    My package is due to arrive by Thursday at noon. Sweet!!
  • Only cards received today were the 65's shown on previous page. We are up to 204 cards in hand. Of course I had to add 2 more (the bottom two). The Williams has a crease but want it slabbed.

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Who subbed the 50 Bowman Ted? That's cool! I always liked that card.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think Bill did.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I'm subbing the Williams. Probably a 3 at best. Has a crease from left to right in the middle.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    awesome Ted..
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    those are some nice looking fun food proofs....image

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Just a few more cards added today.

• The clock is ticking and stuff. Cards shipping out Monday.
    Thank the lord for that. Let's get the clock for poppage started!!!
  • I still thik that the grades will pop quickly. Slow time of year (I'm assuming), economy sucks and Joe is apperantly keeping his eye on this thread. HI JOE!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and Joe is apperantly keeping his eye on this thread. HI JOE! >>

Joe Momma

<< <i>Joe is apperantly keeping his eye on this thread. HI JOE! >>

why do you say that?
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    good luck. i just had my fastest turnaround time EVER!!!!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

<< <i>

why do you say that? >>

Remember Mike, Bill is on Meth.

He just says things sometimes just hear himself talk.

<< <i>

<< <i>

why do you say that? >>

Remember Mike, Bill is on Meth.

He just says things sometimes just hear himself talk. >>

HAAA, can't believe you remembered that, Matt. I'll never look at Crystal Meth the same way again after seeing that site. And I used to LOVE that stuff, until I started not feeling joy and ripping my face apart.

<< <i>Remember Mike, Bill is on Meth. >>

Mmmm Meth
  • Geesh! Someone owes me some beer. 176 more cards received today. Was going to scan a few but I think I will just spend the next 4 hours or so on sub forms and stickers.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>Geesh! Someone owes me some beer. 176 more cards received today. Was going to scan a few but I think I will just spend the next 4 hours or so on sub forms and stickers. >>

hahaha

• << <i>Geesh! Someone owes me some beer. 176 more cards received today. Was going to scan a few but I think I will just spend the next 4 hours or so on sub forms and stickers. >>

Well since it is a little impractical for me to get you some Beer, you being in Shreeveport and me here in the Beautiful Rocky's, how about we do the next best thing. Finally no Snow this afternoon after 20 or so days straight, so in honor of you sitting down and doing all of the/our work, How about I leave work early and go and start tipping some in your honor!!
    You know it just gives me a warm feeling all over to know I am doing my little part to help you out!!!!!!!image

What do you think?

Neil

Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Thanks for your help Neil. You are awesome.

Enjoy your 20 degree weather. My son wore shorts to school today and it is currently 76 degrees.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    My kids were off school because of an ice storm, my wife almost went insane. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Geesh! Someone owes me some beer. 176 more cards received today. Was going to scan a few but I think I will just spend the next 4 hours or so on sub forms and stickers. >>

Ok, I thought the whole point of Bill putting together a group sub was for those of us "small time" submitters to band together and push the sub over 100 to get a discounted rate. Why are people sending Bill 176 cards to grade? If you have the money to grade 176 cards, I think you could spring for the $99 member charges.

I kind of feel like Bill was taken advantage of.

<< <i>Ok, I thought the whole point of Bill putting together a group sub was for those of us "small time" submitters to band together and push the sub over 100 to get a discounted rate. The group rate can be obtained with a sub of 100 or more. Why are people sending Bill 176 cards to grade? If you have the money to grade 176 cards, I think you could spring for the $99 member charges.

I kind of feel like Bill was taken advantage of. >>

I believe Bill received multiple shipments today...not 176 from one person.
  • Gumby's right,
    I sent him 60 (Part of what he got today), and my sub form was done for him, I am just bustin' his chops.
    Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know my (40) was part of that.

I believe we got the $5 per card price (plus shipping/insurance) BECAUSE we got over 500 cards (along with Bill's killer wit when he spoke with Mr. Orlando). lol
  • Wasn't complaining. Received 176 cards from 4 different people today. Just have to get them all done tonight because I have an all day Dallas Cowboys/poker/barbecue tomorrow and Sunday I am anticipating a hangover.
  • Pardon me while I capitalize:

ANYONE WHO HAS SHIPPED CARDS TO ME AND I HAVE NOT SENT YOU A MESSAGE SAYING THEY HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, PLEASE SEND ME A PM.

<< <i>I kind of feel like Bill was taken advantage of >>

He would actually enjoy that.

In fact, who wouldn't?
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    LSU, is their still a Superior Grill open in Shreveport?
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Alrighty then, so far we have a total of 334 cards on sub forms with stickers and ready to go. Four people have sent PM's since the last post stating they sent cards that should be here tomorrow.

I have scanned a few of the ones received today and will post them in a bit.
  • so how many people sent in 1983 donruss cards hoping to get perfect 10's? image

p.s. i just won your 72 topps auction.
  • OK , it's been a bit, so where are the posts???
    Neil
  • Sorry, was watching Fred Claus.

It appears that we have some duplicate cards from different people. Just so there is no confusion, when the grades pop, if you see more than one of the same card graded, yours will be the one that is surrounded by other cards of yours.

Anyway,

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 1952's, who is subbing those?
  • Boy,
    You can always tell when some A$$Hole is a Baseball Fan, when he posts pictures of your couple of Weird A$$ Baseball Cards and Totally leaves out the Cream of the Crop, Real Cards, the Non Sports Stuff!!!!
    The actually good looking cards!!!!
    Neil
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    That's some nice 52s.

"Molon Labe"

• Sorry Neil. I thought my scanner might not work because it was confused by some of your cards. Neil is subbing some nice "vintage" non-sport stuff one of which touched me deeply (1985 Garbage Pail Kids).

The 1952 Curt Simmons is sweet. I think it is an 8 with a slim shot at a 9 or of course, EOT.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    Ray Boone looks nothing like his grandsons.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1952 Bill MacDonald sure has some thin borders compared to the other 52's.

• << <i>1952 Bill MacDonald sure has some thin borders compared to the other 52's. >>

I thought the same thing but it is the same size as the others.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry Neil. I thought my scanner might not work because it was confused by some of your cards. Neil is subbing some nice "vintage" non-sport stuff one of which touched me deeply (1985 Garbage Pail Kids). >>

There wouldnt happen to be a nicely centered Luke Puke in there would there?
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    nice deckles...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Received quite a few packages today and ll submitters have been notified. I believe we still have 3 packages that are unaccounted for. I will give them until Monday so I can still get them out Monday afternoon.
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Wow who brought the 52's to the game? I always said when I am done with the 57's then 56's then 58's then 52's hell I will be dead by then. It would be a nice set to do in 4-6 range.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    200, and mitch webster rocks
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC