Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Group bulk sub...POPPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Is it too late to get a couple of cards in with the group?
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • For those that asked certain questions, I sent Joe an email. He said to call him today. Will reply through PM after I speak to him.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Please ask him to assign us a grader who gives 10s to cards from the 80s.
  • Spoke to Joe today.

First, if he reads this, let me say thanks for taking the time to call me back and even talk cards for a moment. A simple quick response to a small customer says a lot about his business ethics.

Now to the point. Joe offered to do this sub for $5/card. Only requirements are that cards have to be valued at $100 or less and they must fit into a regular sized PSA holder. By regular sized holders I am speaking of dimensions of entire slab. In other words, no T3's or 1984 Donruss Action All Stars or similar. All sports, non-sports and years are allowed. Anyone who has PM'ed me with more specific questions, check your PM's.

Unless you are a dealer that submits in bulk on a regular basis, this will probably be the last time you get to sub a card for $5. Anyone who has already paid the original amount, will receive a refund by Paypal or check (depending on your method of payment) whenever cards are shipped back to you from me.

**With that said, I am going to allow one more day for anyone that wants to submit any cards. Cards must be received no later than Saturday 12/20 so cards can be shipped Monday the 22nd. Anyone that would like to join is welcome but please try to have the cards in the mail by 5PM CST tomorrow.**

As of right now, we have a total of about 130 cards with at least 80 more stated as being mailed. Need about 40 more to reach 250.

BTW, Joe does read these forums on a regular basis. THANKS AGAIN JOE!!

• CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is some sad news. Only cards less than $100. I guess Mitch Webster will have to wait for another time since he's worth way more than that.

LSU, do you think you can sneak him in?
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • I gave Mr. Webster a value of $1 although I truly believe it to be priceless.
    Good job young man! I would be willing to work out some sort of trade where you keep my additional funds for some Murphy love
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    sending 21 more cards Tues - thanks for the extension...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I might send a few cards your way. Who's doing the submission forms?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭
    Once again thanks for setting this up
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• PM sent.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Just wanted to say thanks to both Joe for giving us a discount, and to Bill for doing all of the work!
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I send a pm to lsutigers, I assume that is Bill?.
    I just bought a NM or better set of '65 Topps and would like to get about 100 or so of them graded. How do I go about this?
    Thanks
    Tommy
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Unless you are a dealer that submits in bulk on a regular basis, this will probably be the last time you get to sub a card for $5.

Just to clarify, did Joe say there probably wouldn't be $5 specials next year?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent, I'm sending (40) cards Express Mail Tuesday morning. Good times!! image
  • I'd love to be in on these but would take me a week to mail them to you from Australia image Would love to be a part of a group thing even as an international member who pays way too much for postage image

Well done on getting this together, and i'll try and visit more often to make sure I don't miss out in future.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I think it's safe to say with the amount of diversity in cards on this sub that we'll be waiting the full 45 days or even longer

yes, I'm trying the reverse jinx image

• << <i>I think it's safe to say with the amount of diversity in cards on this sub that we'll be waiting the full 45 days or even longer >>

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that we won't be waiting the full 45 days.image

<< <i>**With that said, I am going to allow one more day for anyone that wants to submit any cards. Cards must be received no later than Saturday 12/20 so cards can be shipped Monday the 22nd. Anyone that would like to join is welcome but please try to have the cards in the mail by 5PM CST tomorrow.** >>

For all of you who are asking if you can still be a part of the group sub, PLEASE refer to the above quote from Bill.

Let's get this stack sent off to Newport Beach already!

• << <i>Let's get this stack sent off to Newport Beach already! >>

I agree. I was planning on shipping them out by Friday any way. I knew everyone would want to jump in when I posted the reduction. That is the only reason I extended it one more day.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    55 Cards in the mail to you tomorrow. I'm sending them via media mail, so please wait for them to arrive before sending out.

Thanks!

Scans of the cards I'm submitting

p.s. just kidding about the media mail part. image They'll be there by Friday.
    Gumby, by any chance, is the 1992 micro from the ones I sent you. If so, I'd be real interested in seeing how it grades.
    Well, I said screw it. For this rate, I'm throwing in 2 more cards. The Fred Lynn is a BGS 9 crackout that I cracked 10 minutes ago (those are a PAIN). I need it for my All Time Red Sox set. The top right corner looks like there is something wrong in the scan, but under a loupe it looks just dandy. The other is a new shiny Rajon Rondo refractor rookie that is perfect. If this card doesn't 10, I'll be very disappointed. Bill, you'll have by Friday at the latest.

Gumby, nevermind answering that question. I read in another thread regarding my question. Good Luck on Gantner.
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great! Now, I have to read 7 pages of posts to know what's going on.

Edited to say: Looks like I am too late. Oh, well. Good luck, guys.

Shane

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm adding 11. image Cards shipped.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Thanks to all those that are participating. Due to the overwhelming response, I am closing the preverbial window of opportunity.

Craig, if you send me cards through media mail, I will consider them to be a donation to my personal collection. If either of those 83 Donruss come back as 10's, they will be held for ransom with an exchange rate of two Gantner 10's or one Yount 10.

For any of those that missed out, I apologize but I believe we are already up to about 500 cards and not sure I can handle any more.

Thanks again Joe.
    Wow! 500!

That's gonna be a really loud pop.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Second lot sent this morning...

total payment should have been received....

thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    500 is a lot of cards to organize, mail out, etc.... You are more generous than me!
  • One other tidbit, cards are being added to sub form in the order they were received.
    I've got 60 in the mail. All of them are 1965 Topps. Here are a couple of scans. The Mantle card has a slight printing defect or stain, otherwise its in NM-NM/Mt condition. I figured for $5 if I don't like the grade then I can always crack it out.

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty big undertaking for Bill, and even if there are only a few minor glitches between the subbing, the safe mailing to CU, and the CU members getting their correct cards back, Bill will have done a fine job.

Also, very smart of Joe Orlando to allow these to be subbed at $5 per card and bring in $1,300 +/- he otherwise would not have gotten (assuming that there would have been only about 200 +/- cards subbed at $6 per).
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corvette, some of those cards will be hard to slip by as $100 or less in declared value.

<< <i>Corvette, some of those cards will be hard to slip by as $100 or less in declared value. >>

I called PSA when I was sending in cards for the set registry special and he told me that I could put any amount on the declared value as long as I was happy with total insurace. In other words, I could put $99 on a $300 card and then put $99 on two other commons to make the insurance right.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to all those that are participating. Due to the overwhelming response, I am closing the preverbial window of opportunity. >>

Um, does that mean that the cards I sent today will get sent back to me?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

• << <i>Um, does that mean that the cards I sent today will get sent back to me? >>

No, any that were already committed will be OK.
    Bill,
    My cards were sent Express mail and are gauranteed to be there by Thursday at 3PM. Thanks again for doing this.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    What kind of turn around time is expected with a 500 card sub?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    45 Business Days

• << <i>What kind of turn around time is expected with a 500 card sub? >>

Two hours. I decided to send them to PRO so we can get all 10's.

<< <i>

<< <i>What kind of turn around time is expected with a 500 card sub? >>

Two hours. I decided to send them to PRO so we can get all 10's. >>

suits me. I'll send you the other 540 cards and have a Gem Mint 10 1965 Topps set ready to sell before Christmas, lol.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    So is the rate reduced to 5$ per card? I can ante up a few for this
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ted last week called you are a lil late.

Steve

Good for you.
  • What Steve said.

Sub form done for what I have in hand. So far we have 125 with at least 275 reportedly shipped.
    Bill, sent an additional couple cards to you today. We should be all square money-wise. Let's se some more scans. I'm anxious to see what people think their grades are going to be. Also, maybe everyone should send Bill an Excel sheet with each one of the cards they sent him on it - that way he can easily remember which cards need to returned to who when it pops.
  • Was going to scan some cards and post them today but having computer issues. About to take it to a friend to fix so will be without it until late tomorrow or Thursday. Should have plenty of cards to scan and post by then.
  • I sent you this morning two cards. I wish I would have scanned those A&Gs in.
    I collect PSA graded 1980-81 Basketball.

Successful transactions with bouwob, lifeshouldbefun, SDSportsFan, Bkritz, tsalems1, kwtoz, johnny1976, Topps29, Calaban7, nascar20, bking, bedellsonics, Beck6, Dialj, Echocanyon, mdkuom, gosteelers, artimus.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    hey.. very cool from joe on the price break.. I have my own bulk sub getting ready to go before the rate increase..

I just sent one off that was logged in on the 8th.. and popped the 12th..
    mostly post cereal.. but some modern as well.. overall was pleased with the grades..
    and the turn time was jaw dropping