Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group bulk sub...POPPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hope you have better luck then I do with the 86T I always get back 8's and I checked and check for chipping and can't find any..
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come the pics got smaller at the end? Did the scanner get lazy? Cool idea to post some of the pics. I think I even recognize a couple of mine in there! If you get bored want to post more pics of peoples stuff, I would love to see them. I know we talked about mine, but I'm curious to see what everyone else is predicting on their cards. Be kinda neat to see who has the closest number right... make a contest out of it or something. I don't know, maybe that is just the beer talking after a tough day at work!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread, and wanted to add. My six day old daughter stayed awake all night long. I feel as though I have been on a all night bender with Doc G and Staw'nose'berry back in the late 80's. I'm really glad that I took this week off.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    After a sleepless night, nothing to really think about in the middle of the night except silly things, I have decided to lower my predition on one of the cards that I submitted. The 1973 Sam Mele will now be officially predicted to be a 7.5. The rest of my predictions will stay the same.
  • Options
    A little population help please. Can someone give me the pop report on 1992 Mitch Webster #233. I have a feeling that I may possiblely have a 1/1. If he returns in a 10 and is a 1 of 1 then his value will be like $1.64!!!! eat your hearts out guys!
  • Options
    1992 Topps Mitch Webster #233 has 3 graded, two 9's and one 7.
  • Options
    If mine comes back a 7 I'm going to feel relly bad. I'd rather have a 6, it would be a 1 of 1!
  • Options
    Anyone else subbing any o pee chee?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I might have a couple '77 OPC in mine. I'm waiting on a few with the sub I have at PSA right now too.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope they don't get lost in the mail. image
  • Options
    Get a life. Just like the ridiculous thread you posted, adding a friggin smiley to the end of the statement does not make it any better.
  • Options
    I'm just going out on a limb here and I'm saying that you two are not exchanging Christmas cards this year
  • Options
    I don't want this thread to get bogged down into fussiness and lose focus. This thread is all about Mitch Webster and the possibility of a 1992 Topps psa 10 (Finally!). Remember that this is the reason for this thread!
  • Options

<< <i>Get a life. Just like the ridiculous thread you posted, adding a friggin smiley to the end of the statement does not make it any better. >>

Only one that needs to get a life is you. image
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    bury the hatchet...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>bury the hatchet... >>

Half of us did.
  • Options
    Bill your the one that said you might have a sticky fingered postal employee in your area.

Just stated something that I hope doesn't happen in this situation with all those cards as it would suck to have them all come up missing.
  • Options
    No you are just being an azz.
  • Options

<< <i>No you are just being an azz. >>

I'm not there yet but might get there bdholler97. image
  • Options
    Did Bob Ross really paint Kiss Destroyer?
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options

<< <i>Did Bob Ross really paint Kiss Destroyer? >>

No. I made that for a guy on a KISS site that I'm a member of and when he quit the site I decided to use it on several of the sites I'm on.
  • Options
    Mitch Webster is getting very upset with all of this! You don't want Mitch to get mad
  • Options
    Just wait until Lenny Webster finds out.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    Its 2 in the morning and I'm feeding the baby. Can't reslly remember the last time I was up this late and sober before little miss Emma arrived. Oh well, I digress. I felt that this thread needed a knowledge laid on it, so here it goes.

Mitch Webster Playing years 1983-1995

Career HR's 70
    RBI's 342
    Lifetime Average .263

One of only five players with the last name Webster

# of PSA 10 1992 topps cards = 0*

* that maybe changing!!!!

possible value of a 1992 psa 10 = ?????*

* ????= $1000!!!!!
  • Options
    I put the value of the Mitch Webster right up there with my 88 Score Rookie/Traded Glossy Todd Stottlemyre PSA 10 rookie. PSA 10 rookie with a pop 1 from a rare set, I thought I may retire. I listed it with a BIN OBO for $500 hoping some fool...I mean serious collector would come along. Two months later, I finally sold it to some guy in Canada for $15.
  • Options
    Let's get serious here. Let's compare apples to apples

HR RBI AVG
    Webster 70 342 .263

Stottlemyre 1 11 .207

Can't really compare the two. Yes, I know, Stottlemyre was a pitcher who played mostly in the A.L. That doesn't matter, 70 dingers to 1. Remember what G Maddux said 'Chicks love the long ball' and so does collectors. If 'Weak Bat' Stottlemyre's 1 of 1 psa 10 rookie was worth $15, then a mid-career Webster psa 10 1 of 1 should be worth at least $743.67 and not penny less.

Let me put it this way, if someone was to offer me a baseball bat hand-made from an ash tree felled by lightening, then used by Babe Ruth to hit the called shot home run, then signed by the whole Yankee's team with a COA, to trade for my soon-to-be-PSA 10 1992 Topps Mitch 'Goldenboy' Webster, I'd have to ask 'What else are you going to throw in?'

Now, I'm not one to overstate the value of my own cards, but this card is the equivilent of a golden ticket in willy Wonka or the ability to sell Obama's senate seat and keep the profits!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think you need to get some sleep.
  • Options
    Just thought I would throw this one in too. Appears flawless accept for a tiny tilt. Grade?

Edit: Usually when I scan a card that has a tilt, I do not notice the tilt until I look at the scan. I scanned this one and for some reason do not see the tilt in the scan.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭
    nice reg
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I say a 9, those red borders seem like they could easily chip. The bottom edge looks to have some chipping. Any scans of other cards being subbed?

I officially give you expressed written permission to scan and post Mitch Webster and my others subs.

expressed written permission is much better than oral implied permission.
  • Options
    Mr. Webster will be scanned and posted as soon as he arrives.

The Reggie doesn't have the chipping on the edges or snow on the card. I stick it in an apperantly dusty CS1 that had been sitting on my desk for a while. It's a little PSA trick. Stick the card in a raggedy looking holder. The grader immediately thinks the card is trash. Then when the grader removes the card, they say "Wow, this card looks great!".
  • Options
    A few more packages arrived today including Mitch Webster. Scans will be added in a bit.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    How many cards are we up to, Bill?
  • Options
    lmk... when you receive my package...I will paypal right away...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Bill,
    60 cards mailed today, Priority, you should have by Wed latest.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    I haven't counted but I think we are over 100. I wish all the cards would get here so I can quit adding more of mine. I keep finding cards that look like 10's that are worthless ungraded.
  • Options
    Here are a few I just had to add. The Oneal Gold rookie has a high 10 pop but the 9's sell for about $20. The Dale Ellis rookie was a recent eBay purchase for $1. It has a small fishy on the "N" but hoping no ne notices. PSA 10 pop on that card is zero.

Here are a few others received today.

And the card someone is anxiously waiting to see in a 10 holder.....

• Options
    ohh! He's pretty!!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn CrimsonTider, about 20 posts by you in this thread alone.

You must be really excited about that Mitch Webster card..lol
  • Options
    if you think those are pretty wait for the photostamp commons...

- uncut

• Options
    I refuse to hatte on anyone that insists on submitting otherwise worthless 80's OPC cards. My 86 Topps baseball subs do not allow me the freedom to be a hatter.
  • Options
    Just in case we don't have enough Mitch Webster useless knowledge, I've decided to throw a little more on the pile

This card should have added value because it has a Busch beer sign in the back ground and since it was taken around 92, that was the time when I was in college and using a fake id to buy Busch Beer. Note, I only bought Busch when I had extra money, my college beer of choice was 'The Beast Light'. A full quarter cheaper than Busch for a 12-pack.

Second item, this photo was taken at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium where my fake ID was wrongly taken by one of Atlanta's finest. Came real close to spending that night in the greater fulton county bed and breakfast.

Man I love that card!
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    sent 6 cards and made payment via paypal
    Thanks for setting this up
    Mike
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    Bill, I won't be sending any cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Bill, I won't be sending any cards. >>

How many will you not be sending?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Bill, I won't be sending any cards. >>

How many will you not be sending? >>

• Options
    3 a.m. feeding post. LSU, kindly requesting more scans

Questions: Anyone willing to guess the grade on Mitch Webster
  • Options
    Well, last night was a little sleepless. It's close ot lunch and this thread is now on the second page. I feel that this is unacceptable so I am doing so bumpage. Getting out of the house and playing golf. I love living in the south, with a portable heater and a golf cart wrap, you can play gold all year long.

At the Rainsville C.C. members can rent cart sheds and keep their own golf cart at the course. This means that many have customized their carts, mainly winterizing them. They make heaters that fit in the cup holders.

Most guys have bought the little skycaddies gps units which gives you yardage anywhere on the course, not that helps my game. My 9 iron goes anywhere from 140 - 90 yards. The only consistant thing about my golf game is its inconsistancy.

My favorite thing about Rainsville C.C. is the fact that its only $90 a month and that includes unlimited play and a cart shed to keep your cart in. Not that exspensive so I have extra dough to lose on bets!

Enough about me and my golf game, LET'S SEE SOME SCANS!!!!!!

Almost made it through an entire post without mention some certain card, can't let that happen.

1992 Topps Mitch Webster in any grade is worth more than all of your pets.com shares
  • Options
    Time to post the pic of the little one...

- uncut

• Options
    Nice cards and I hope everyone gets the grades their hoping for (or better). image

Edited to add: 100 image