Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent

• pm'd
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    pm sent

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested. But what years could we include?
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Bill, I also have a question about what years we can include. I'm considering cracking this out for this sub. Does anyone know anything about T207's? I want to know if I'm looking at an even crossover or not. No creases - crisp brown background. Good eye appeal but weak corners. Also, I looked on eBay and it's the same size as some but also looks a little smaller L/R than some. Do these have cuts that vary all over the place? If someone can point me to a T207 expert before I crack it would be greatly appreciated:

In a 100-card Bulk Sub, there is no year limit, just a declared value of under $100 per card.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill, I also have a question about what years we can include. I'm considering cracking this out for this sub. Does anyone know anything about T207's? I want to know if I'm looking at an even crossover or not. No creases - crisp brown background. Good eye appeal but weak corners. Also, I looked on eBay and it's the same size as some but also looks a little smaller L/R than some. Do these have cuts that vary all over the place? If someone can point me to a T207 expert before I crack it would be greatly appreciated: >>

Michael,
    Are you sure? I wouldn't mess with that card.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

<< <i>Michael,
    Are you sure? I wouldn't mess with that card. >>

That's why I'm asking. would you recommend against cracking? The only reason I would do it is because it's a card I'm missing on a registry. Maybe it would look better if I sent it as a crossover separately so I don't lose the holdering if they say it's short or something
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't crack it. You could send it for a crossover, but I have a feeling you'll lose a grade and possibly get it sent back as is. Best of luck no matter your choice, neat card.
  • Mike, I have to agree with the others. That card looks jsut fine in that holder. All PM's have been replied to. Would like to get this rolling as soon as possible and hopefully have grades back before Xmas.

<< <i>Mike, I have to agree with the others. That card looks jsut fine in that holder. All PM's have been replied to. Would like to get this rolling as soon as possible and hopefully have grades back before Xmas. >>

Ok, I'll leave it out and send on a crossover try at some other point. I'm sending you off 6 cards today or tomorrow and will paypal you as soon as I do.
    As much as it would be nice to get these popped before xmas, the bulk subs have a 45 day turnaround time. I understand we could get lucky, but I'm on day 36 of a sub from the October Set Registry Special, so I'm losing faith in their timing. Can't wait to get this sub started though!! Thanks LSU for putting this together!
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Want to wait 2 weeks until I'm at home? =)
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Got quite a few but all are welcome.
    If you were to get over 250 you can probably call Joe and see if you can get an even better deal - or maybe a faster guaranteed turnaround
  • May try that Mike. If we could get a buck or two off for 250 cards or more, I would definitely sub a few more.
  • Pm sent
  • 12 cards shipped and fees paid.

PM me if interested in joining or to note that cards have been sent. If anyone wants to pay with Paypal, you can wait until cards are ready to be submitted.
  • Anyone else?
  • TTT

If you are sending cards, let me know how many and when they are sent.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine should be arriving within a couple of days.

Hopefully they won't get too soggy in that East TX/West LA humidity.
  • 12 received today. That was fast. So far we have 64 committed or received.
    Boxing up mine tonight, shipping in the morning! Sorry for the delay.

• << <i>Sorry for the delay. >>

No real rush. I think it will be the middle of next week before we have enough ready to go.
  • Need about 15 more cards to reach 100.
  • If this was a week later I would be cracking several from the sub results I just got back. Hope you guys do better than me image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am in for 5 if you can hold off for a week. I am waiting to get them in the mail.
    Please let me know if that is cool.
  • I'm in for a few if the offers still open! I can mail Thursday! PM sent!
    who dey!

looking for 1964 topps baseball psa graded 7+
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Actualy I will take 5 if I can mail them to you on Monday of next week. I would really like to get in on this if you guys can wait an extra day or so.
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 10.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
    How many more unitl you get to your 100?

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • So far I have 62 cards in hand ready to sub. If I have not notified you by PM that your cards have been received and you either shipped them already or you are planning on sending some, please send me a PM and let me know how many you are sending. Thanks.
  • Sent mine today..20 coming..
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Sweet! I am getting exciting like it is a group rip.
    20 sent this morning...

a couple football, photostamps, jeters, fun food proofs, 81 yaz opc...

thanks for taking this on!

- uncut

• << <i>thanks for taking this on! >>

Does that mean we have man-hugged and made up? Can I get my name back in your sigline? image
    Did I really take it out?

Did we have a transaction? - I honestly dont remember...

- uncut

• PM sent
  • PM sent let me know if it's not to late!
    Mailed my cards and payment today
    Making some prediction on the 11 cards I submitted

1. 1992 OPC John Smoltz - 10, but could be a 9 due to a rough edge. All four corners are sharp even under a 20x loupe and centering is 50/50 top to bottom 51/49 L to R

2. 1992 OPC R. Henderson - 10, but could be a 9 also due to same rough egde as Smoltzy. Corners superb and centering dead on

3. 1992 OPC G Brett - 10, but same as above

4. 1983 OPC M. Schmidt - 9

5. 1983 OPC Gary Lucas - 9, these were the two best cards from a wax box I busted some time ago.

6. 1992 Topps Wade Boggs - 10 Couldn't find a flaw anywhere

7. 1992 Topps Mitch Webster, -10 yes thats correct Mitch Webster!!!! LSU, you can put the declared value of this one at less than the plastic it encased in. Better be a ten, He's flawless.

8. 1981 Topps Sticker R. Jackson/Ben Oglive - 9, but could have a shot at a 10. This was the best one from a wax box I busted some time ago.

9. 1989 Proset Barry Sanders -9, I'm caling it a 9 only because I'm not lucky enough to get a 10 on this one. It has a shot at a 10.

10. 1992 Upper Deck Dale Murphy - 10, going out on a limb on this one, probably a 9

11. 1963 Topps Sam Mele - 8.5, This one is a stunner, razor sharp edges, 4 solid corners, just out of center top - bottom to be a 9

Quick Recap

1. 10
    2. 10
    3. 10
    4. 9
    5. 9
    6. 10
    7. 10
    8. 9
    9. 9
    10. 10
    11. 8.5

Now I just have to wait for the graders to prove me wrong
  • I hope your right on your grades. Lately they have been harsh. I'd count on a few 7's and mostle 8's with a couple of 9's. This is if they are as harsh with your cards as they were with mine. After recieving them back i still cannot see why some of my 7's are 9's ????? And 8's, well they look as good as the 9's and 10's i own.....
    Cheers, Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Thought it would be neat to add some cards that are going to PSA in this sub. Unless the cards are mine, the owners shall remain anonymous. Yes I am submitting some junk, but some of the junk is at the request of a few forum users. You should be able to tell which ones I am referring to.

Some shiny stuff I found in a box last night.

Random stuff from other peeps.

oooooooooooh, a Murphy being subbed and it's not mine. Whoever has the Murphy, I'm willing to trade. I'm subbing a Mitch Webster!!!!!!!! What say you?

• << <i>All PSA 6 >>

chaz

• << <i>oooooooooooh, a Murphy being subbed and it's not mine. Whoever has the Murphy, I'm willing to trade. >>

I'm actually subbing 3 of them.
    Did I mention Mitch Webster? Were talking 92 Topps!