Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Group Break - RIP, SCAN AND POST!!

Comments

• Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    $110.15 sent for one box of 1983 Topps Baseball. $99 + $8.00 shipping + $2.15 insurance = $110.15

Thanks!
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Payment for my box of 1989 Upper Deck baseball has been sent.

Thanks again for setting this up!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have sent $159.60 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com.
    Payment made for 1 box of 1983 Topps Baseball and 10 packs of 1981 Donruss Golf

James
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    paid for 2 89 score, 2 81 golf, 1 81 football.

shawn
  • Options
    (6) Packs 1989 Score Football ***Paid***

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    As of 4:30AM MST August 10th there are 57 Packs and 3 boxes unpaid for. The 57 packs are from 9 different buyers.. I realize it's the weekend and some people are away, which if fine but IMO these need to be paid for by NOON August 11th. Most packs/boxes were spoken for on Wednesday.
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    paid....thanks again LSU
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    WOOT (sorry dont visit the forums much on the weekends... damn family image ) Thanks for your effort in organizing it.

You have sent $23.00 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient.
  • Options
    You have sent $29.83 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient
  • Options

<< <i>As of 4:30AM MST August 10th there are 57 Packs and 3 boxes unpaid for. The 57 packs are from 9 different buyers.. I realize it's the weekend and some people are away, which if fine but IMO these need to be paid for by NOON August 11th. Most packs/boxes were spoken for on Wednesday. >>

At this time we still have 43 Packs and 1 box unpaid for. This is from 6 Buyers.
  • Options
    The bulk of the packs and the one box are from users that only log on occassionally but have participated in past group breaks and paid immediately. There is also the chance that they paid and just did not notify me. Quite a few did that last time.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    This takes care of 14 more packs -

Your payment for $105.43 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Payment for 5 packs of Score football sent.

• Options
    114, otherwise known as a bump
  • Options
    What are the odds of me getting a PSA 10 out of my box of 89 UD?
  • Options
    540 to 1

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are the odds of me getting a PSA 10 out of my box of 89 UD? >>

I assume you mean a Griffey. And if you do, and the average in a Low series is about 1.5 per box. There have been 52,096 subs and 1427 10's. That's a 2.7 average. So (and I'm not a math whiz) but that to me means you have a 4.05% chance of a Griffey PSA 10.
  • Options
    My payment for (3) 1981 Topps Football packs has been sent. Sorry for the delay. Just got back from a weekend trip to LV.

Your payment for $34.70 USD to bbcexchange@sprintmail.com has been sent.
  • Options
    Please forgive me for not knowing everyones real names. Whoever is Raymond Gerkin, please send me a PM. Steve did not know your user name to match up with what you are paying for.
  • Options
    Here is an email I got from Steve regarding the baseball boxes:

"Go ahead and let everyone know that the 83 Topps wax case and 89 UD lo foil
    case we broke for this still has left over boxes. We are going to mark them
    from this case break. That way, if anyone likes the centering or quality of
    cards, they can still order more and get boxes from the same sealed cases."

Thought that was pretty cool.
  • Options
    i think someone is jerkin your gerkin.
  • Options
    The name was actually Shawn. Apperantly his real first name is Raymond. Still two people unpaid.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is an email I got from Steve regarding the baseball boxes:

"Go ahead and let everyone know that the 83 Topps wax case and 89 UD lo foil
    case we broke for this still has left over boxes. We are going to mark them
    from this case break. That way, if anyone likes the centering or quality of
    cards, they can still order more and get boxes from the same sealed cases."

Thought that was pretty cool. >>

That's really cool. That's why you do business with people like that.
  • Options
    The 83 Topps boxes I have bought recently had centering issues. If these are centered nicely, I will probably buy a couple more boxes.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please forgive me for not knowing everyones real names. Whoever is Raymond Gerkin, please send me a PM. Steve did not know your user name to match up with what you are paying for. >>

Sounds like he could be in a pickle on that one. (Sorry, had to take the ez one)
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Well it appears that 2 people didn't pay for 8 packs and 1 box. No real sure how current the paid list is though. Steve allowed the group to purchase boxes from sealed cases as long as the packs sold out. I purchased the remaining basketball packs in order for this to happen. Now with the 1 non-payer of single packs it appears that LSU is going to get stuck with them. IMO the non paying pack buyer should be banned from future rips. The group didn't have to purchase full cases so the box buyer is OK for future rips IMO. My apologies if these items have been paid for.
  • Options
    Hopefully there's a good reason why we had deadbeat participants this time. The crappy part is that it's delaying shipping. :/
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    There will be no delays in shipping. Steve emailed me yesterday at about 11AM CST and said mine were shipped already. As far as the unpaid packs and box, it is possible that they have been paid, especially the box, but have not posted it is paid yet. I have spoken through PM with both members. Thanks for participating and good luck with the rips.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i am paid.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Like I said, I figured you had but just hadn't posted it yet.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Is the front page accurate with regards to "whats left"?
  • Options
    I'm paid also (at least that's what my Paypal account is showing)

I just got off the phone with BBCE and they confirmed that I'm paid for my packs and my packs have already shipped.
  • Options
    Everyone has paid accept for one person that promised to pay yesterday. If anyone missed my prior post, Steve is putting the remaining boxes aside and marking them as the leftovers from group break. If anyone gets theirs and likes the centering and condition, they can get another box from the same case.
  • Options
    If it hasn't been paid now, cancel him/her out and I'll split the packs with you Lsu.
  • Options

<< <i>OK, all have paid except the screen name: jswieton. All items have been shipped also.

Thanks,

Steve >>

Email from BBCE. I sent him a reply to let me know if they are still unpaid in the morning and I would take care of them.
  • Options
    IMO time has expired for the Non-Payer, sell the packs.
  • Options
    To the non-payer if you couldn't afford the packs then don't sign up for the rips
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    payment has been sent I apologize for the delay
  • Options

<< <i>To the non-payer if you couldn't afford the packs then don't sign up for the rips >>

Thank You for payingimage
  • Options

<< <i>payment has been sent I apologize for the delay >>

Thank Youimage
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

Remember when these were the cards you wanted to pull from a box of 1989 Upper Deck High #? I think it was June 14th through July 26th, 1989.
  • Options
    That Ozzie dude looks eerily similar to Jose Canseco. Wonder if they are related?
  • Options
    Man, I had an order from BBCE last week, and it still isn't here yet...I'm wondering if they held it to include the '83 Topps box from this CU break.

i'm starting to think it got lost. :/
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    If the order was over $100 it was shipped with insurance and delivery confirmation. I doubt it was held until the group break was paid for.
  • Options
    Some packages from the last break took a while to arrive as well. The USPS is very unreliable for delivery time right now. Some items going across the country are getting there very fast and others going a few miles are taking forever.

I think in the last break my cards and LSUs were shipped on the same day. They should have been delivered the same day, but mine was like 3 or 4 days later.
  • Options
    I think that was two breaks back when they were apperantly on the same truck because both boxes had similar damage. In the last break, mine were sent UPS. I sent payment late in the afternoon and still received mine 3 days later. This time, I received an email about 9AM Monday saying they were shipped. Hoping they get here today. Pack ripping urge is killing me and can not find any more A&G around here.
  • Options
    Yeah it was a $260 order of unopened material. I hope it gets here today!!
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    ndfan1ndfan1 Posts: 178 ✭✭
    I received my 2 packs of 81 football and 1 pack of golf today.

I must say the 2 packs of 81 football were the worst condition cards I have ever opened in my life. Snow, Off Cut, Black Smudges....etc.
    The 81 golf were in good condition.

I will scan some of the "BEAUTIES" in a bit.

I HOPE everyone else has better luck than I did.

ADAM
    Currently Collecting 1975 Topps Football PSA 9's - 10's
  • Options
    ndfan1ndfan1 Posts: 178 ✭✭
    As promised, here are the "Beauties"

adam
    Currently Collecting 1975 Topps Football PSA 9's - 10's
  • Options

<< <i>As promised, here are the "Beauties"

adam >>

Ouch! It is hit and miss with these vintage cards. A few breaks ago when we did 1980 basketball, many of the cards had moisture damage and the like. Tough break.