Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New BBCE Group Break!! Rip 'em and Scan 'em

12346»

Comments

• fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I only opened 2 of my 4 packs, I have a very nice Gary Carter, Dennis Ekersley, and several minty commons. The packs looked very tight and I couldn't say they were searched, just not lucrative. They reminded me of when I opened packs as a kid, high hopes, mediocre results. I'll be in for the next one, I like to rip even when I get nearly nothing.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    LSU, what's the new break idea that has been discussed but not done??? I'm intrigued.

"Molon Labe"

• << <i>LSU, what's the new break idea that has been discussed but not done??? I'm intrigued. >>

I am still waiting for the cards for this break..
  • i too am curious about the new idea?
  • Steve sent me an email with a nice offer for a case of 1989 Upper Deck low numbers or a 1983 Topps wax case. Sorry, but I just love the 1983 Topps and have been trying to work a deal with him for the case. He finally gave in. How can you not love a realtively inexpensive box with rookies of three HOF'ers. Plus the Ripken and Ryan fetch a pretty penny in PSA 10.
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    The 89 ud case was the break I originally wanted to do... did he say how much for a box/case?
  • wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    My 4 packs of 80 yielded an OC Winfield and a nice Carlton with the back OC. However, I ordered 3 1978's and did get this.
    It does have the ink smear under the O.
  • Awesome Ryan! It figures though, you finally get one with great centering and it has a smudge.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrongleg's Ryan

• wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Thanks Nam. What is the best way to get the images to show. I think I've heard photobucket, are there any other options.
  • got em today..
  • The football had nothing, will do a pop check later to see if there are any low ones. Here are the bst from the golf

• From the 1980 Baseball. The Ryan has a stain on the left side.

• And the 87 Basketball. Centering was good through the pack, except for on the Jordan

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone pull a nice Ron Harper out of those 87 Fleers?
  • Here is the Jordan.. Trimmed?? It is a horrible miscut. It is pushed all the way into a corner of my scanner to show how bad it is.

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Id say about 75% of the 87 Fleer stickers have a tilt like that.
  • Not to much from the 1980 topps baseball here... Winfield,Garvey,Seaver.

But on the last group break the Elway RC I pulled just came back a PSA 9 and from the same pack I pulled both a Walter Payton and Eric Dickerson team leader cards that will be sent in for grading. (Payton has a real shot at a 10)

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET

• << <i>But on the last group break the Elway RC I pulled just came back a PSA 9 >>

Guess I need to send mine in too from the last break. If I remember correctly the centering on mine was a little better and corners were reazor sharp.
  • As requested, here is the Elway I pulled from the last break. This one was in one of the packs that seomone did not pay for.

Edit: Apperantly I need to clean my scanner. For some reason two of the corners do not look as sharp in the scan as they do in person.

• Here is the raw scan one that just popped a PSA 9

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • They are both solid 9s
    Still waiting on my packs from the BBCE - crappy post office can't get my zip code correct image
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my 3 basketball packs today. Nothing worth taking the time to scan. I did get a Jordan sticker but it has the tilted cut on top and bottom like the rest of the stickers from these packs.
    James
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    jfkheat, please post a scan of your cards, thanks
  • Good Evening,
    Well this really isn't part of the BBCE Rip, but still had to share. I won a lot of Three unopened packs off E-bay last week, got them today. Paid all of $4 plus shipping. They are as follows, 1989 Fleer Basketball, 1980 Topps Football and 1987 Topps Football.
    I Ripped them this evening and got the following;
    1989 Basketball Pulled a Jordan # 21 Strong 9 outside possible at a 10
    1987 Football Pulled Elway # 31 Strong 9 outside possible at a 10
    1987 Football Pulled # 10 Phil Simms Mint 9
    and 1980 Football # 160 Walter Payton maybe an 8 or 8.5 (Has a little tilt), still real nice.
    If anybody wants to see a scan and can post it for, pm with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Wow, what fun!!!!!!!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
    Neil

who was the seller? Looks like you found a nice deal on the bay!
  • Leathtech,
    As they say, can't tell or I'd have to kill ya!!! Don't need the competition if I'm going to the well again!!!image
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

<< <i>Leathtech,
    As they say, can't tell or I'd have to kill ya!!! Don't need the competition if I'm going to the well again!!!image
    Neil >>

Did it happen to be a seller with lime in his ebay id? image
  • thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Leath,
    You found him out!!
    Neilimageimage