Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New BBCE Group Break!! Rip 'em and Scan 'em

Comments

• Got an email from Steve today. All packs have been paid for and all have been shipped. Thanks to those that participated and please post scans. I am going to do a for-real live rip, pack by pack this time. Everyone should have their packs by at least Tuesday. For $300, I better get at least one Jordan, one Henderson and one Dorsett and maybe one Nicklaus. For the golf, there should be an average of 3.82 Nicklaus' per box unless you count the Stat Leader card.
  • wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    4 packs of 80 baseball paid this afternoon. picked up 3 more 78 packs while I was at it.
  • I have been wanting some more 78's. Wish you would have told me. We could have sold that box out in a few minutes.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I tacked on (2) 78 wax and a 79 rack pack, I'm starting a small hoard.
  • I was going to order a few boxes of different 80's stuff but buying the last 5 packs of basketball kind of put a damper on that idea. Plus, I forgot to get my usual 1986 Topps wax box. Guess if I get the urge to rip one box, I can get one out of the closet.
  • wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    I have been wanting some more 78's. Wish you would have told me. We could have sold that box out in a few minutes.

We could do 78's on the next break. I enjoy these breaks but I am partial to 1978.
  • I am partial to the 79s because that is the first year I remember opening packs. Love the 78's, not olnly for the design, but because of the numerous HOF'ers and almost HOF'ers including many rookies. Plus they are still relatively affordable.
    I've been buying some graded and raw packs (70's stuff), I'm gonna save up and have a big rip in the boring winter months.
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh.... 1978 Topps packs at the local convenient store. Those are the first cards I can remember buying as a kid. I I wanna say they were .30 or .35 then if i could talk my mom out of a buck, I could get a rak pack. I remember getting a rak with the Eddie Murray rc on front and couldn't wait to bust it open. It was such a cool card with the little trophy on front I put it on my dresser and didn't play with that one. It stayed nice for 20 years.
    Can't wait till you put that one together!!! I''m in!!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    The first packs I ripped were '77 FB. In Dec '06, I thought it would be neat to start a '77 FB PSA graded set. Finally finished in May and now I'm hooked.
  • ndfan1ndfan1 Posts: 178 ✭✭
    I received my (3) packs of Golf today (Saturday). I'll open and post scans later.

--adam
    Currently Collecting 1975 Topps Football PSA 9's - 10's
  • Isn't there a different forum for selling cards? Not that i care but just curious...
    -Rome is Burning

• WTF are you talking about TVAC?

• << <i>WTF are you talking about TVAC? >>

This is essentially a "you can buy these cards from me thread" what i was asking is, isn't there a "I have these cards for sale" forum? like i said i don't care but i was just wondering...if i'm wrong my bad.
    -Rome is Burning

• No member was offering their own cards for sale and no one was buying cards from another member. While you were in your batcave for a month or so, we had a few nice organized BBCE group breaks. This thread is for the most recent one. Now, return to your quarters and say hello to Robin for me.
    Speaking of Batman, you can make a killing on those dolls, er, I mean action figures.

• << <i>

<< <i>WTF are you talking about TVAC? >>

This is essentially a "you can buy these cards from me thread" what i was asking is, isn't there a "I have these cards for sale" forum? like i said i don't care but i was just wondering...if i'm wrong my bad. >>

If you have no clue as to what he's talking about stay out. This is/was about a group rip.image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>WTF are you talking about TVAC? >>

This is essentially a "you can buy these cards from me thread" what i was asking is, isn't there a "I have these cards for sale" forum? like i said i don't care but i was just wondering...if i'm wrong my bad. >>

If you have no clue as to what he's talking about stay out. This is/was about a group rip.image >>

whoops *begins hauling foot out of mouth*
    -Rome is Burning

• My wife just took back the 8 Batman figures I bought at Walmart. Ten day listings on eBay with a minimum bid just high enough for me to make about $2 a figure. Sold exactly zero.
  • BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 394 ✭✭
    How many Jordan's can we expect in the baskeball rip?
  • If I am not mistaken, there are 132 cards in the set. 12 cards per pack but I can not remember if the sticker is counted as one of the 12. If it is, there should be an average of 3 per box. If the sticker does not count the average is about 3.27 per box.
  • ttt
  • Without going back over the thread, someone said they got their golf packs in yesterday and scans to come. Where's the scans? Wasn't expecting mine until Tuesday but if anyone gets them tomorrow, please provide scans.
  • I did get this yesterday. It was from the 78 Baseball rip..

• Wish I would have known you were sending that one in. I would have liked to piggy back a few of the 78's I pulled especially the Rose.
  • That was on the 5.00 special last month put it right in at the end. I wish the centering had been a bit better would have gotten a 10.

I am gathering a bunch of cards together to sub, if you have several we could pool them together into a bulk to get the price down.
  • Let me know how many you need to fill the sub before you send it.
  • ndfan1ndfan1 Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay but life sometimes gets in the way of the cards. Here are the highlights of the (3) golf packs that I busted. I would also like to thank lsutigers1973 for puting this group break together. Enjoy.

Currently Collecting 1975 Topps Football PSA 9's - 10's
  • Just so you know, PSA is very lenient on centering on the 81 golf.
  • Here is an 81 Irwin I picked up for a dollar several years back. Why it got submitted in the first place you got me...

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sucks! Mine came in and I asked my wife to bring them to my work at lunchtime since she took the day off. She got here and all she brought me was.... lunch! She forgot the cards! How disappointing that was! I might be in the doghouse when I get home cause I mentioned that was the only reason I wanted her to come by for lunch! OOOOPS! image
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com

• << <i>This sucks! Mine came in and I asked my wife to bring them to my work at lunchtime since she took the day off. She got here and all she brought me was.... lunch! She forgot the cards! How disappointing that was! I might be in the doghouse when I get home cause I mentioned that was the only reason I wanted her to come by for lunch! OOOOPS! image >>

This may be your cards when you get home..

• If you just got yours today and live close to BBCE, I guess I will not get mine until tomorrow. As far as the centering goes, I have seen a PSA 10 of the Nicklaus stat leader that had similar centering as the one in the scan.
  • jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Houston. Just got mine today. Live rip of one of the two packs coming within 15 minutes. (87-88 Fleer Basketball)
    -- Ryan Bell
  • I guess I will get mine tommorow.. I would expect Houston to get it the day before we do here as it is a major hub and we are off the Dallas hub.
    Here are scans of the first pack. I don't know what the smears are on the Erving...it was in the middle of the pack. :/

-- Ryan Bell
  • Guess I will get mine tomorrow too. Me and Leiascards cards(that sounded funny) were apperantlyon the same UPS truck last time judging by similar damage to both boxes.
  • What happened to the next pack? I didn't get mine today and need scans!! Why am I the one that sets up the break and pays first and get mine last!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! I hate the UPS guy!! I think I will move to Illinois or Indiana.
    I haven't received mine yet, and I'm in Ohio. As long as the box isn't damaged and it's here by Wednesday I'm ok.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are scans of the first pack. I don't know what the smears are on the Erving...it was in the middle of the pack. :/

image >>

Yep, those 87 Fleers look about right. I really do believe that article about 87 Fleer in the SMR a couple of months ago. I think they are tougher to find in good condition than the 86s. Of course the 86s are about 100X more desirable. I've been trying to put together a Mint set of 87 Fleers over the past couple of years, and some of them are pretty much impossible to find centered with no mysterious print marks. Larry Bird is probably the toughest one in the set.

<< <i>What happened to the next pack? I didn't get mine today and need scans!! Why am I the one that sets up the break and pays first and get mine last!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! I hate the UPS guy!! I think I will move to Illinois or Indiana. >>

Debating on whether to add it to my unopened collection or open it. image
    -- Ryan Bell
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that Ricky Pierce "third arm" variation.
  • For the love of Buddah!! OPEN IT!!!

• << <i>Love that Ricky Pierce "third arm" variation. >>

It also looks like one of Dr J's fellas is hanging out. Sorry, I watched Brokeback Mountain with LMM Saturday.
  • BIGBEN7BIGBEN7 Posts: 394 ✭✭
    87 basketball rip sorry no scans but a bad pack

barkley sticker
    James Donaldson
    Alvin Robertson
    Johnny Dawkins
    Doc Rivers
    Walter Davis
    Robert Reid
    Brad Daugherty
    Paul Pressey
    Adrian Dantley
    Terry Porter
    Terry Cummings
    Sidney Green
  • Damn my wife!!! I guess because of the price of mine, it was sent with signature confirmation. My wife didn't answer the door because she didn't have a bra on!! Like half the city hasn't seen them already. Please do not tell her I said that.
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Damn my wife!!! I guess because of the price of mine, it was sent with signature confirmation. My wife didn't answer the door because she didn't have a bra on!! Like half the city hasn't seen them already. Please do not tell her I said that.

Scan please or pics.
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I live near Cincy and mine came today. Two baseball and four golf. I will open them after supper tonight.
  • DOH!!!!!!!!!!! I dropped one on my basketball packs on the floor opening the box from BBCE and dinged a corner on every card in the pack.

Here is the second pack I opened.
  • Theres one Jordan and does not look too bad centering will most likely keep it from 10. The bird looks nice too.