Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How many 2008w rev.2007 are owned by forum members.

Comments

• Options
    moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    Zero!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 raw...
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    11 - 5 raw and sitting on them, 5 off to be graded, 1 Raw on Ebay
    CSM Gary J Coker
    United States Army Retired
    1974-2007 WIA
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I got lucky - for a novice - and ordered four, got two of the reverses... Think I'm going to keep them as they are, as I've never had a coin graded in my short run with this new adventure. In that regard, I'm clueless, and there's not a local coin shop that does so. I may have to be content with the raw coins, but then, that's no so bad, now, is it?

Tell Lord Marcovan thanks for the Avatar. I finally got it uploaded today!

OWC
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

the rest of um !..............image

just kidding.....i have a couple........image
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>So far 208 +.Couple of posters are hiding thier true amount. >>

Agree....the hype machine is in FULL effect! Dump these puppies now while folks are still naive enough to pay $300+ for $17 worth of metal! >>

how is the value of the early Morgans 1878,1879,1880 with their prior year reverses fairing vs Morgans in general ? >>

How long have those coins been known to exist? Probably a little longer than the 3 months or so that these ASEs have been out, huh? I will tell you this...the Morgan reverse varieties dont bring 15-20x what the regular date Morgans do! If you believe that the 2008/07 reverse ASE is a bargain at current price levels, put your money where your mouth is and stock up!
  • Options
    evsiteevsite Posts: 141 ✭✭
    I have 5.
  • Options
    Up to 316 plus owned by forum members so far.
  • Options
    Count me in for 2 NGC 69 ER...though I have a few small orders (5 orders of 4, and 5 orders of 2...due to hit the door tomorrow), so I may have more than that by this time tomorrow nite, but count me in for 2 anyway.
  • Options
    Good luck on your orders Nutz.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Count me in for one.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I have 87 raw, ( of those 19 are at PCGS) my dad has 8. I have his eight raw on ebay.
  • Options
    That makes 404 + owned by forum members.
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    + 8 here
  • Options
    Wow that is it? 412 so far, with ~47K minted? ~1%
  • Options

<< <i>0 but i will gladly pay melt for some. >>

Dream on :-) ~melt price from the mint is history.

Best Regards,

Steve
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    8 more here

2 are NGC 69, 6 are raw
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    so I guess we're up to 420
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    +1 raw
    figglehorn
  • Options
    a woman at work has a box of 50. Not sure if you wanted to count these.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    3 NGC MS69s and 1 PCGS MS70.
    Hoping to get a boatload on my US Mint order that should have arrived by now.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Just 2

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    2 NGC69's 1-ER. 1-brown label.
    Gary
  • Options
    I guess I posted on the wrong thread a couple of days ago...

I have: 3 NGC ER 69's
    5 NGC ER 70's
    20 Raw (4 for sale today to get some cash back and 14 going to NGC for grading, keeping 2 raw)

Total..... 28

Three small orders have been shipped (5/4/5) but I am not holding my breath
  • Options
    mcmximcmxi Posts: 890
    I have 1 raw
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    2 here, one ER NGC 69, one ER NGC 70
    still waiting for my Mint order from 5/5
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    460+,I am starting to wonder where the 47,000 are.
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, this thread is how many are owned by forum members. Several thousand have already been graded. Not to mention those sold on auction sites, tv, B&M shops, etc. So the number shown on this thread isn't exactly a scientific representation of those that are out there.

I too question 47K and the future value of this coin. But that is the nature of the game.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
    I received a total of 9 from the mint of which I sold 6 and kept 3.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>a woman at work has a box of 50. Not sure if you wanted to count these. >>

No, unless you can confirm that they are the rev of 07's
  • Options
    From the looks of the numbers reported here, this variety is not rare at all (or hardly even scarce), and I doubt they carry much more than a slight premium after the initial frenzy is over.

Bob
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    5 raw from the mint total.

12 in various unopened boxes shipped Apr. 3 of which seven I sent to PCGS for FS to see if they are O7 reverses this Monday. Order of 8 coming today. I have given up ordering these. My last order I was sent 5 proofs instead of the UNC MS which I ordered. But did check to see if the proofs had 07 reverses. All were 08s.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>From the looks of the numbers reported here, this variety is not rare at all (or hardly even scarce), and I doubt they carry much more than a slight premium after the initial frenzy is over. >>

I agree with you.....

NOT....image
  • Options
    Good one Cas. image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you insist on calling these varieties when its the same reverse they used on the last 22 issues? The 08/08 is the oddball, not this one. Its the normal coin that should have been issued.
  • Options

<< <i>From the looks of the numbers reported here, this variety is not rare at all (or hardly even scarce), and I doubt they carry much more than a slight premium after the initial frenzy is over >>

Whah???? From the numbers posted here they should be priced 3-5 times what they are presently....Fact is we do not know "The numbers"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>From the looks of the numbers reported here, this variety is not rare at all (or hardly even scarce), and I doubt they carry much more than a slight premium after the initial frenzy is over >>

Whah???? From the numbers posted here they should be priced 3-5 times what they are presently....Fact is we do not know "The numbers" >>

We have a pretty good idea of what the max is alleged to be; which would be about 10% of production.
  • Options

<< <i>We have a pretty good idea of what the max is alleged to be; which would be about 10% of production. >>

So current production is around 290,000...10% would be 29,000 08/07's??? I like that number. Production of the 08/07's is a completed fixed number stated to be around 47k but actual numbers released is up for grabs. The 08/08 #'s will continue to increase and the "percentage' of 08/07's to 08/08's will decrease in relation to this total mintage
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    1 raw

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From the looks of the numbers reported here, this variety is not rare at all (or hardly even scarce), and I doubt they carry much more than a slight premium after the initial frenzy is over. >>

We already know what the mint said. They estimated as much a 47k so this should be factored into the price already. You know strictly going by the numbers (mintage) is only partly the story. Other factors are desirability and demand. Look at the plats. They are low mintage and yet do not comand a great deal over melt with some exceptions. You simply cannot put mint numbers in an equation that applies to all coins and get a 100% reliable result.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i will probably sell all i have and buy a FS MS70 and call it a wash
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>We have a pretty good idea of what the max is alleged to be; which would be about 10% of production. >>

So current production is around 290,000...10% would be 29,000 08/07's??? I like that number. Production of the 08/07's is a completed fixed number stated to be around 47k but actual numbers released is up for grabs. The 08/08 #'s will continue to increase and the "percentage' of 08/07's to 08/08's will decrease in relation to this total mintage >>

The mint estimated that 47,000 were produced. Typically about a half million of these are produced so thats ABOUT [tho not exactly] 10%.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Zero for me image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

Wonderful, If you find some please P.M. me

Have a good one!!!

TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    1 PCGS MS70
    2 PCGS MS69....on the bay
    4 Raw
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have a tally?

Ren
  • Options
    What are current pops for PCGS ICG NGC ANACS?
  • Options
    8765 Total NGC pop as of 5/12...Not much change since 5/5
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    100 (posts, not a tally image )
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file