Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How many 2008w rev.2007 are owned by forum members.

13»

Comments

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    100imageimageimage
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Can't have 2 100s...need to declare a winner, here. Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    And alohagary, it is not fair to post 0, after 100 Posts have been achieved. Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And alohagary, it is not fair to post 0, after 100 Posts have been achieved. Respectfully, John Curlis >>

Thats how menny of those coins he has, zeerow, none.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... but I just received (99) 2008-W silver eagles from the U.S. Mint and every one (100%) had the reverse of 2007. So, I am either incredibly lucky or the 2008/2007REV is being mass produced.

My previous box of (99) coins did not net out a single 2008/2007REV coin but I only checked the last 50 coins since the first 50 were sold and shipped out before I even heard of the error.

It will be interesting to see if others receive a high percentage of 2008/2007REV in new shipments. The coins I received today were ordered about a month ago and listed as "backordered" on the USM website.
    My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ordered about a month ago....image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... but I just received (99) 2008-W silver eagles from the U.S. Mint and every one (100%) had the reverse of 2007. So, I am either incredibly lucky or the 2008/2007REV is being mass produced.

My previous box of (99) coins did not net out a single 2008/2007REV coin but I only checked the last 50 coins since the first 50 were sold and shipped out before I even heard of the error.

It will be interesting to see if others receive a high percentage of 2008/2007REV in new shipments. The coins I received today were ordered about a month ago and listed as "backordered" on the USM website. >>

Since you don't seem so excited let me be the first to offer you TRIPLE what you paid to take those common coins off your hands. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Reading thru the post,looks like we're up to 577 +.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ok guys have fun, back in a couple days, wife is in labor so i gotta split....image
  • Options
    Early congrats Cas.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... but I just received (99) 2008-W silver eagles from the U.S. Mint and every one (100%) had the reverse of 2007. So, I am either incredibly lucky or the 2008/2007REV is being mass produced.My previous box of (99) coins did not net out a single 2008/2007REV coin but I only checked the last 50 coins since the first 50 were sold and shipped out before I even heard of the error.

Thats great news........we have received over 3000 2008 W ASE's since 4/25/08..........why would a box of 99 be backordered for over a month?
  • Options

<< <i>why would a box of 99 be backordered for over a month? >>

Time from order placement and snail mail delivery for me has been about 7-10 days....FedEx= 5 days max order to in hand image
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 PCGS
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>why would a box of 99 be backordered for over a month? >>

Time from order placement and snail mail delivery for me has been about 7-10 days....FedEx= 5 days max order to in hand image >>

That's weird. I think you get priority overnight Fed-x delivery on orders that large. Why the delay?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Priority overnight from the mint isn't exactly that.

I ordered some stuff 'priority' on Sunday. They said that the order was logged on Tuesday. The product arrives on Friday. As it turns out, they shipped on Thursday.

They might be getting lots and lots and lots and lots of small orders.

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Priority overnight from the mint isn't exactly that.

I ordered some stuff 'priority' on Sunday. They said that the order was logged on Tuesday. The product arrives on Friday. As it turns out, they shipped on Thursday.

They might be getting lots and lots and lots and lots of small orders. >>

I ordered 90 on the 20th and received them on the 25th. I didn't even get the notice that they were shipped before they got here.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... but I just received (99) 2008-W silver eagles from the U.S. Mint and every one (100%) had the reverse of 2007. So, I am either incredibly lucky or the 2008/2007REV is being mass produced.

It will be interesting to see if others receive a high percentage of 2008/2007REV in new shipments. The coins I received today were ordered about a month ago and listed as "backordered" on the USM website. >>

WOW - can you be more specific with your order date? That's quite a score!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>

Since you don't seem so excited let me be the first to offer you TRIPLE what you paid to take those common coins off your hands. image >>

I'll give you 3.1 x what you paid ... image
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭
    2/2 received in early May 2008
    0/10 received today (May 17, 2008)
  • Options
    Ordered on 04/25/2008

99 units shipped on 05/07/2008 via registered USPS parcel post

Received on 05/16/08

Interestingly, all the blue boxes have "double stickers" -- a Z8F barcode sticker placed over a Z7F barcode sticker. My earlier 2008-W coins (with 2008REV) had a single Z8F sticker on the back side.

My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I had 27, not anymore!!
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Interestingly, all the blue boxes have "double stickers" -- a Z8F barcode sticker placed over a Z7F barcode sticker. My earlier 2008-W coins (with 2008REV) had a single Z8F sticker on the back side. >>

The two 08/07 Rev I received have the double sticker also.
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Ordered 4 ASE's on 4/29 after reading about it on this forum.

Shipped on 5-1

Received today 5-19

08/07 - 3
    08 - 1

Not too shabby at all........

He He He
  • Options
    Your one lucky guy Whiskerchew...First the contest of Stckplng and now your 08/07 score!imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah but you forget about the decades before today when I was normal and never won Cra...............p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file