Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

BUYER IS UNHAPPY ISSUE A REFUND??

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<Just keep your focus on the big picture...YOU ARE STILL GOING TO MAKE A 1200% PROFIT ON THIS COIN.>>.

I may relist it, but I'm leaning towards a give away. >>

In that case I'm in.........imageto meeeeee >>

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i had one buyer that was looking for MS 70 coins in 69 slabs....once i figured out what he was looking for we agreed to stay away form each other...i did refund him the money and shipping etc....

that's a GREAT looking coin, BTW.

i even see the specks of the stars he was talking about....

don't let one egg spoil your henhouse....you have a good reputation....

I'll BUY it for what he paid.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    You need to issue refund.

When your words and your images are compared, any subjective inconsistincies will always fall in the buyers favor.

Be careful what adjectives you use.
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>If a bridge is burned , nobody gets to cross it again. >>

Wisdom image

And a shameless plug for TwoSides previous thread....WWRD???
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Blocked...Thanks...I recently had a buyer pick up 2 seperate coins NGC 69's 1St at 306.00 then hours later the other 189.00, first asked about combining shipping, which I did go ahead and lower in the invoice, then he said how bout we just cancel the 306.00 and just go with the 189.00 cause after all you do offer a return policy, how's that for extortion? Guy had high numbers 100 positive. I said no... we cancel both. Ebay name: tomerdman
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Ebay name: tomerdman

Blocked. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Casman, sounds like the requirements for a block image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    A deal is a deal when everyone is happy. So I would refund his money and tell him he is no longer able to bid on your auctions. But of course wait until you get feedback from him and by God make sure you get the coin first. Only in America.
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Interesting. eBay has a number of users with almost the same ID:

tomerdman(479)
    tmerdman(163)
    tomer_ran(11)
    tomerhan(0)
    tomerkan(19)
    tomershan(1)

Your pretty sure it was the first guy that was trying to weasel on you?

• Options
    duck620duck620 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    issure a refund.that coin will sell on it"s own.image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'd ask him if he is sure he really wants to return the coin seeing that they are going for more then the 3 bills he paid.

And if he is sure then tell him ok, send the coin back and I'll refund your money.

Then change your policy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    I clearly state "no returns on raw coins". I don't sell much so I can't afford to get screwed by the buyer if they pull the old bait and switch, esp. with a coin like this that could so easily be replaced.

I did take good pictures of it for my records, but still...

By the way, I have not blocked a bidder before...how do I do it?

Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    Sounds like buyers remorse to me but count me in on the giveaway.
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭

<< <i>By the way, I have not blocked a bidder before...how do I do it? >>

Go here...
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>"I pride myself on customer satisfaction"

I think you should give a refund if the buyer is not satisfied or remove that. >>

I agree, but I must say the buyer's attitude leaves much to be desired.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    image double post
    aka Dan
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Interesting. eBay has a number of users with almost the same ID:

tomerdman(479)
    tmerdman(163)
    tomer_ran(11)
    tomerhan(0)
    tomerkan(19)
    tomershan(1)

Your pretty sure it was the first guy that was trying to weasel on you? >>

I'm digging up the messages ya its mister 479, never thought there would be an issue with a high feedback buyer, here's message (1)

Dear casscoins,

Hi,

Earley today I won item # 170213412893 and now 170213511640 my question is will you honor combine shipping for the two coins?

Thanks
    Tom

- tomerdman

I responded that the shipping is my actual cost as is printed on the shipping label, but that I would reduce it.....later I get...hang on I'm looking for it..Ok I can't find and must have deleted the other one, but I even did some math, gave the guy three options, 1) cancel both, 2) cancel the 189 only, or 3) Follow through on both, and I told him I'd throw in (3) 2007 W ASE in Mint Boxes. I figured with the throw ins and doing some math it would take it to around 210 each or so....He responded with some math on the cost of the ASE's and saying he thought long and hard but picked #1...I'm gonna look again for those messages, I think somehow some of them went straight to my email only...

Ok, I found the good one in my email:

Hi Cris,

My ISP (AT&T) has been down all day I just got off the phone about 45 minutes with AT&T setting everything up again what a pain I had no email or DSL service. After reading your three options, I will go with option 1 lets can both of them. I studied option 3 real hard as of right now the raw 2007-W are going for $25.00 each (buy me now). The NGC MS-69 gold label is going for 35.00 and up.

I have never done this before so will I receive and email from ebay? and what do I say so you don't get a services charge for the two coins.

Tom

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I didn't say the coin was in pristine condition, the COA and OGP were. >>

That's what I always bid on. The COA and OGP. Who cares about the condition of the bullion?image >>

Scott, sorry you are having the issues. A couple of things I think would help in the future:
    * Don't state "eagle comes with COA and OGP, all in pristine condition" if you only mean the COA and OGP. I, also, read it as you meaning all 3 were pristine.
    * I think he is a MS70 player, at that price, and I can do without folks doing that.
    * Do the return and then block him
    * State that the coin is photo'ed RAW. I didn't see that and initially, quick glance, thought you shot it through the mint's plastic (so, I do understand his comment of thinking the block, tiny, spots were on plastic and not coin).
    * For a return policy, I personally dislike the "return if not the coin pictured"...that should be a given by a good seller. Either state "no returns for any reason unless you receive a coin other than the one pictured" (which, is a bit draconian and I wouldn't do it, but if that is what you want, then you should be explicit), or give returns for 3, 5, 7 days (whatever you want) except for on "unopened" product.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Thanks Bochiman, good advise.

Will modify my return policy.

Regards,
    Scott
  • Options
    Your auction terms:

Return policy
    Item must be returned within:

14 Days

Refund will be given as:

Money Back

Return policy details:

Policy is stated in listing.

PLUS

# Bid with confidence, for I pride myself on customer satisfaction.

With these terms, why are you even questioning your obligation to refund??
    Perhaps you are the ahole!!
  • Options

<< <i>With these terms, why are you even questioning your obligation to refund??
    Perhaps you are the ahole!! >>

A little harsh, don't you think?

From looking at the images in the listing in question, I'd say the buyer was being awfully picky about the condition of the coin.
  • Options
    <<Perhaps you are the ahole!!>>

I'll get back to you on that one.

Don't bother entering in my giveawy.

• Options
    A little harsh, don't you think?

Well, perhaps the anal reference--but it is in his thread title.

The buyer will have to eat round-trip shipping and insurance, so it is no free ride. If he/she doesn't like it, the seller's terms should entitle the buyer to a "no questions asked" refund IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>The buyer will have to eat round-trip shipping and insurance, so it is no free ride. If he/she doesn't like it, the seller's terms should entitle the buyer to a "no questions asked" refund IMO. >>

Sounds like that's what the buyer's getting, no? image

IMO, there's no reason a seller should have to subsidize buyers who want to cherrypick 70s.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Any suggestions on a return policy? >>

If the buyers is not happy...fix it. Period.

Refund only, no cost reduction tho, don't play that game. If you get the same coin back, sned the same money back. If it's a switcheroo, send nothing back and keep his money. >>

SHOCKED!

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

Why the shock? If the buyers switches, he's trying to screw ya......golden rule on shysters. Otherwise, make buyer happy. Period.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The buyer will have to eat round-trip shipping and insurance, so it is no free ride. If he/she doesn't like it, the seller's terms should entitle the buyer to a "no questions asked" refund IMO. >>

Sounds like that's what the buyer's getting, no? image

IMO, there's no reason a seller should have to subsidize buyers who want to cherrypick 70s. >>

If only the Mint thought the same way image
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options

<< <i>If only the Mint thought the same way image >>

Well, it's not like it comes out of the pockets of the people running the place. eBay sellers? That's a different story... image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Pristine doesn't mean MS70, it means as manufactured or as recieved. The argument over MS70 holds no water to me. But I give a no questions asked return policy so it would be no problem for me. One guy who bought a raw one from me didn't like the quality (some of these coins are not so good). I talked to him quite a bit and tried to talk him into a refund since these were going up up up but he knew that. He returned it for an exchange. He insisted on sending me a return envelope with postage on it because I was being nice and he felt bad for being so picky. Exchange was no problem. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If only the Mint thought the same way image >>

Well, it's not like it comes out of the pockets of the people running the place. eBay sellers? That's a different story... image >>

That are making a 1200% profit in less than a week? Perhaps the Mint should cut the chase and just sell them directly to collectors so as not to cause eBay sellers any hardship.

• Options

<< <i>That are making a 1200% profit in less than a week? >>

Assuming that all you're selling is that one particular coin. But everything that gets sold on eBay doesn't allow for a 1200% profit, does it? And lots of sellers sell stuff other than that one particular coin, right? image
  • Options
    timcointimcoin Posts: 674
    I'd probably mess with the guy's head a little bit. Try and bluff him.

Dear Sir,

I have received your email requesting a refund for the 2008W rev of 2007W Silver Eagle. Yes, please return that coin to me. I have a good feeling that this coin with its unusual error will continue to increase in value. If figures, with my luck of timing, that they have already increased 8% since I sold mine to you.

By the way, so you don't have to go through this disappointment again, those speckles are mint-made and common for this series. You'll likely find that out if you decide to purchase one from another seller. You may consider attending a coin show or your local coin dealer to hand select this particular coin in person. But, just as a fair warning, you might have to do a lot of searching. But, that's half the fun of collection. The thrill of the hunt!

Sorry this transaction didn't work out. No hard feelings, o.k.? Oh, if you wouldn't mind, could you please send me an email letting me know when you can ship my coin back?

Thanks!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That are making a 1200% profit in less than a week? >>

Assuming that all you're selling is that one particular coin. But everything that gets sold on eBay doesn't allow for a 1200% profit, does it? And lots of sellers sell stuff other than that one particular coin, right? image >>

Correct, but those are not the coins that are the subject of this thread and from a buyers view, that should not be of his concern. What is the issue is he does not like the coin and wants to return it.

• Options
    Egging on a "dissatisified customer" on ebay may sound funny on the boards, as long as it isn't your customer, but few sellers should/will go and do that.
    The ones that do are usually ones mentioned on these boards by people POed at them.

It's best to get the return, put it back for sale, make a bit more, and move on. Block the guy and don't worry about it. Getting into a pissing contest with someone who nitpicks, just isn't worth it. Why should Scott worry about getting a neg over it? Doubtful he will if he just returns it and moves on. "Messing with" the buyer would likely mean an increase in the likelihood of getting a neg.

I've dealt with Scott and he is a good guy....though this is obviously a PITA, and upsetting, for him, given the great pictures, etc, I am sure he will do the right thing and still come out ahead.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Your auction terms:

Return policy
    Item must be returned within:

14 Days

Refund will be given as:

Money Back

Return policy details:

Policy is stated in listing.

PLUS

# Bid with confidence, for I pride myself on customer satisfaction.

With these terms, why are you even questioning your obligation to refund??
    Perhaps you are the ahole!! >>

The more I think about it, I'll stay with the last line.

Whatever happened th to old adage "the customer is always right"?
  • Options

<< <i>Correct, but those are not the coins that are the subject of this thread and from a buyers view, that should not be of his concern. What is the issue is he does not like the coin and wants to return it. >>

I suggested earlier that the seller should accept a return. And the seller has said that he will accept a return. image
  • Options

<< <i>Whatever happened th to old adage "the customer is always right"? >>

I know several people who own their own retail businesses, and if there's one thing they agree on, it's that, as a business owner, it's sometimes in your best interest to encourage some people to become customers of your competitors. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Whatever happened th to old adage "the customer is always right"? >>

I know several people who own their own retail businesses, and if there's one thing they agree on, it's that, as a business owner, it's sometimes in your best interest to encourage some people to become customers of your competitors. image >>

Agreed, so why not just refund and block the buyer without bellyaching!
  • Options
    Hey, wait a minute!

This guy just changed the thread heading!

I'm becoming convinced that he truly is an anal orifice!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, wait a minute!

I'm becoming convinced that he truly is an anal orifice! >>

Or maybe he thought the original heading wasn't fair to the buyer? Maybe you could ask him? image
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, wait a minute!

I'm becoming convinced that he truly is an anal orifice! >>

Hmmm...Joined in May 2008. Most all, if not ALL, of your posts are in this thread. You obviously haven't seen the OP around and don't know what he is like but you have no problems in calling him names.

Scott is a good guy and this upset him. I have no doubt he will do the right thing and the buyer will be happy but no longer a "customer" to Scott.
    Maybe you shouldn't try ripping at the OP so much and should sit back and watch since you already gave your opinion multiple times. You almost sound like griv 2.0

• Options

<< <i> Maybe you shouldn't try ripping at the OP so much and should sit back and watch since you already gave your opinion multiple times. You almost sound like griv 2.0 >>

Actually jumping to unfounded conclusions sounds like bochiman 2.0. You must not have read the griv threads very carefully...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Maybe you shouldn't try ripping at the OP so much and should sit back and watch since you already gave your opinion multiple times. You almost sound like griv 2.0 >>

Actually jumping to unfounded conclusions sounds like bochiman 2.0. You must not have read the griv threads very carefully... >>

No, unlike you, I think before I spout off. Yes, I read griv's threads. Once again, you go for my posts....my own personal little stalker-boy. image
    Following me around like a love-stricken little girl. Kinda cute image

Maybe it's "Geri" instead of "jerry" image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Actually jumping to unfounded conclusions sounds like bochiman 2.0. You must not have read the griv threads very carefully... >>

No, unlike you, I think before I spout off. Yes, I read griv's threads. Once again, you go for my posts....my own personal little stalker-boy. image Following me around like a love-stricken little girl. Kinda cute image Maybe it's "Geri" instead of "jerry" image >>

So self centered that you think every thread on here is yours. Your homophyllic insults are getting old and boring. But keep it up. They've showed they will ban long time members like yourself and your exit would be welcomed by many. I think it's kindo interesting how you can hammer Griv for calling people names and then basicly call me a f*g in the next thread...nice bochiman touch...--Jerry
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Issue a refund, he is orrect, its not pristine, and should not have been listed as such if he is correct. The neg aint worth it.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It's not worth the trouble, IMO just offer the refund. You can get your e-bay fees back if you file for it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, unlike you, I think before I spout off. Yes, I read griv's threads. Once again, you go for my posts....my own personal little stalker-boy. image Following me around like a love-stricken little girl. Kinda cute image Maybe it's "Geri" instead of "jerry" image >>

So self centered that you think every thread on here is yours. Your homophyllic insults are getting old and boring. But keep it up. They've showed they will ban long time members like yourself and your exit would be welcomed by many. I think it's kindo interesting how you can hammer Griv for calling people names and then basicly call me a f*g in the next thread...nice bochiman touch...--Jerry >>

Sure Geri, whatever you say. Sounds like you feel outted or something?
    Maybe if you ever learn that you don't need to pipe your big mouth in whenever I post you will start enjoying life....
    If you notice, I didn't reply to you in the thread, no reference you, until you took your big foot out of your mouth, shoved it up your own butt, and started mouthing off.

Way to be a big "man", Geri...way to go! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So self centered that you think every thread on here is yours. Your homophyllic insults are getting old and boring. But keep it up. They've showed they will ban long time members like yourself and your exit would be welcomed by many. I think it's kindo interesting how you can hammer Griv for calling people names and then basicly call me a f*g in the next thread...nice bochiman touch...--Jerry >>

Sure Geri, whatever you say. Sounds like you feel outted or something? Maybe if you ever learn that you don't need to pipe your big mouth in whenever I post you will start enjoying life.... If you notice, I didn't reply to you in the thread, no reference you, until you took your big foot out of your mouth, shoved it up your own butt, and started mouthing off. Way to be a big "man", Geri...way to go! image >>

Nice school yard banter. You must have small kids. I do too but I don't post in their dialect.

Listen smartie pants, I read most every thread on here and I ignore most of your childishness. Going through life I've run into all kinds of people. Many people think rules don't apply to them. Generally I've learned to tolerate those people. But one thing that I will speak up too is when someone who ignores rules then preaches them to others with a holier-than-thou attitude. That is why I've chosen to stand up to you and call you out on some of your inaccurate and unfair postings. I like to represent the silent majority when they don't want to rock the boat, especially with a guy like you who has a few people fooled who think you're just a wonderful fellow. So I will keep calling you out and I expect you'll keep making childish responses--because you can't rebutt since my points are right on 100% correct. You revert to namecalling and try to accuse me or your neuroses. Please understand that bochiman 2.0 was supposed to be a version, not an IQ. --Jerry
  • Options

+2 imageimage
    Humblepie

I have found power in the mysteries of thought.

It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of believing.

Our virtues, and our failings are inseparable, like force, and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sure Geri, whatever you say. Sounds like you feel outted or something? Maybe if you ever learn that you don't need to pipe your big mouth in whenever I post you will start enjoying life.... If you notice, I didn't reply to you in the thread, no reference you, until you took your big foot out of your mouth, shoved it up your own butt, and started mouthing off. Way to be a big "man", Geri...way to go! image >>

Nice school yard banter. You must have small kids. I do too but I don't post in their dialect.

Listen smartie pants, I read most every thread on here and I ignore most of your childishness. Going through life I've run into all kinds of people. Many people think rules don't apply to them. Generally I've learned to tolerate those people. But one thing that I will speak up too is when someone who ignores rules then preaches them to others with a holier-than-thou attitude. That is why I've chosen to stand up to you and call you out on some of your inaccurate and unfair postings. I like to represent the silent majority when they don't want to rock the boat, especially with a guy like you who has a few people fooled who think you're just a wonderful fellow. So I will keep calling you out and I expect you'll keep making childish responses--because you can't rebutt since my points are right on 100% correct. You revert to namecalling and try to accuse me or your neuroses. Please understand that bochiman 2.0 was supposed to be a version, not an IQ. --Jerry >>

Rules don't apply to whom? Done any "auction interference" lately? Not a rule is it? It's ok to do when 2 wrongs make a right though, right?
    You "stand up" to me image
    There is nothing to stand up to poofie. I call 'em like I see 'em.

You are such a good little martyr, Geri....standing up and representing the silent majority, as you put it.

I don't need to rebutt anything you say since, so far, you have been 100% erroneous on it, like most everything. You talk a lot and have so little substance, I find it funny. You come on like a bigshot on here because you flip moderns on ebay. You like to make it look like you know things but you know so very little. You probably even consider yourself a "dealer", don't you? Because you sell on ebay.

Now, come on Geri, I know you collect early copper. I've seen you post a few....why not post more? Why not educate us more? That's what I am here for....to learn and to talk coins. Sure, ebay and other things come up, and where it occurs around coins, that's all good. But, come on now, rather than just stalk my posts and do your little whining, why not post more coins?

If you pay attention, I like to post coins when I get them. I think I have posted most every non-gold series at one time or another. I've posted our 7070 album coins. I've posted my son's Roosevelts. I've posted coins I help other people ID or get info on.

You know what, Geri, I actually care about the hobby, learning, and educating. I do things to promote all 3. Tell me, Geri, what have you done? Anything besides being an ebay flipper and stalking me? Show us some nice pics....I know you have some nice early copper, like I mentioned, so show it more often. Or, are you just on the boards to get more info on flipping to further your "dealership" on ebay?

• Options
    Humblepie

I have found power in the mysteries of thought.

It is always a question of knowing and seeing, and not that of believing.

Our virtues, and our failings are inseparable, like force, and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file