Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What type of Loupe to use?

2»

Comments

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>I used to use a cheapo plastic deal with three 5x lenses so you could go from 5x to 15x.

Currently I'm using an Eschenbach 3-6-9 and it's the finest piece of glass I've ever looked through. Not real cheap but well worth the money. >>

I use this and the Eschenbach 10x. Simply Outstanding!
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't find my Zeiss so I just bought a Eschenbach - both are nice. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't find my Zeiss so I just bought a Eschenbach - both are nice. image >>

Northern Nevada Coin sells the Zeiss loupe. I have a Zeiss and I have used the Eschenbach and they are both of comparable quality. You can't go wrong with either loupe but they are expensive for the casual collector on a budget.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I use a Swift No. 570, 4x & 8x. I've had it since 1989. It's not made anymore. They were made in Japan. It's pictured here next to two LED lights I carry.

• Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>Zeiss D36. It's a bit pricey, but now that I have one I will settle for nothing less. >>

This [Zeiss] is the best loupe, gaining the lead by the amount of light, hence color, that makes it throught the lens. It is very noticeable.
    The eschenbach follows by a close second, but the zeiss is technically the most accurate.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Zeiss 3x6x9 is the best I have found for distortion free viewing and ease of use. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    My 2 favorites

With the 9835SPL being numero uno

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file