Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

WOW! Raw 2006 ASE Silver Eagle sets closing in on $600.00!

Raw sets on Ebay fetching 380's and 390's. Every week up a little more.

Edit to update: raw sets in the 450 to 475 range becoming common on ebay.

Edit again to say several sets closed this afternoon (5/19) for over $500.00. One actually closed at $642 which kind of leads me to question the guys auctions. Another closed at 585 and one at 510

Comments

• Options
    mark511mark511 Posts: 364 ✭✭
    I keep thinking the prices are going to peak, but maybe not right now.
  • Options
    Glad I didn't sell any of them yet. Might have to hang onto all of them for a bit and see where they go. I can't imagine they would go lower.
  • Options
    That reverse proof is going to make that set even more valuable. I would hang on to your sets and watch the price rise even more. Note to self.. should have bought more than one set. LOL
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I have been watching the NGC 69's MS and Reverse proofs since I still own 5 ea. and they have both been climbing every week.
    Usually $5-$10, the MS has slowed a little at around $100 $110 but the Reverse Proof keeps climbing now around $230-$240. All 3 coins in the Anniversary set are strong sellers.

I would keep what you got and maybe look for a good price on eBay.
    Sometimes you can find a 69 set for $370 but most are now selling for $400.
    I found a 69,70,69 set for $372 shipped from Centsles couple of weeks ago.

I wouldn't be surprised to see $350 for a 69 Reverse proof before the year is out

Rookie Joe
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The year 2006 will certainly be remembered as the year the US Mint was very kind to us! I really don't expect that will happen very soon again. The US Mint will not leave money laying on the table like that again.....
    ----- kj
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are unopened box of 10 sets bringing these days?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>What are unopened box of 10 sets bringing these days? >>

Not enough for me to get rid of mine yet! Although I've been tempted. The question to me is what will happen when they reach $5000 for the box of ten.... does everyone unload and the price then drops or stays around there? Or.... will that price level open up another large run even higher.....
    ----- kj
  • Options

<< <i> What are unopened box of 10 sets bringing these days? >>

$4,895.00 320101062837 Apr-07-07 03:52:11
    $4,200.00 220097317455 Apr-07-07 18:24:55
    $4,450.00 280100051160 Apr-07-07 18:45:00
    $5,000.00 330105186068 Apr-08-07 18:06:16
    $5,201.01 330105687128 Apr-09-07 19:40:03
    $4,550.00 220102020581 Apr-17-07 11:45:48
    $4,550.00 170102947925 Apr-18-07 18:11:06
    $4,800.00 220103709182 Apr-20-07 17:15:27

FloridaBill
  • Options
    Thanks for the info FloridaBill. I wonder what most are doing with these boxes of 10..... are they keeping them sealed... or are they sending them in for grading.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What are unopened box of 10 sets bringing these days? >>

Not enough for me to get rid of mine yet! Although I've been tempted. The question to me is what will happen when they reach $5000 for the box of ten.... does everyone unload and the price then drops or stays around there? Or.... will that price level open up another large run even higher..... >>

there will be some limit, sometime.

what about someone with some history describe the 95-w price changes and why there are no sealed boxes (that I have seen) of that 10th aniv. set lately?
  • Options
    Anyone know what PCGS 69/69/69 sets have been going for?
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    At Dalton coin show yesterday, well over $400.
    About, if not all dried up as of this morning. Very few dealers took advantage of the situation, and the ones that did sold out!
    Audentes fortuna juvat
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Every one of those RP's in a holder means one less complete set available for the millions of SE collectors out there that may want to own one.
    I can definitely see raw sets breaking $800 sometime next year, or perhaps late this year, and I am being conservative.
  • Options
    Looks like sealed single sets are at $500-$550.

Might have been better to pay the extra shipping for each set and had them sent individually.

"The Villain"

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened sets are now going from $430 -$450.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    mrmommrmom Posts: 348
    I sold 5 sets @ $200 each last year, but then again I bought w-unc. plats with that money

so I guess I can't complain.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone know what PCGS 69/69/69 sets have been going for? >>

I saw one go for $499 on Friday. I have one set each of 69's graded by PCGS and NGC and I won't even look at selling before the end of the year. I think the burnished 2006-W will continue to climb too.

• Options

<< <i>Every one of those RP's in a holder means one less complete set available for the millions of SE collectors out there that may want to own one. >>

I agree with you and since I have five raw sets, it makes my purchase from the mint even sweeter! image
    Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. - General George S. Patton
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Open raw sets appear to be running near $425 as the most frequent price.

5 sealed sets just went $3,100, $620 per set!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭

<< <i>5 sealed sets just went $3,100, $620 per set! >>

Wow. I never thought I'd be able to get that for my box of 6
  • Options
    any guesses as to when they will $750-$1000 per raw, opened set?
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    current buy price across the table at the local show today was $400 cash for opened sets. These WILL go for much more by end of year.

any quantity.
  • Options
    I am seeing auctions on Ebay with PCGS 69 sets (non first strike) in the mid $500s.

Swest
  • Options

<< <i>I am seeing auctions on Ebay with PCGS 69 sets (non first strike) in the mid $500s.

Swest >>

any idea what the first strike PCGS 69 sets are bringing theses days?
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I am seeing auctions on Ebay with PCGS 69 sets (non first strike) in the mid $500s.

Swest >>

any idea what the first strike PCGS 69 sets are bringing theses days? >>

About $750+.....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I am seriously kicking myself. I sold all my first strike stuff. I sold each set for around $335 and now just one coin is getting that much! I only have traditional labled coins now, except a few first strike standard proofs from the set.

I am thrilled that my personal 70, 70, 69 set is worth probably over $1500 now image. I have two other sets I set aside for my two boys and those are in the $500s. My last set I am thinking about selling since I need to clear some money up for the spouse coins. Now I am holding back since I could make more in the next few months. I wish I hadn't sold all the other ones!!!

Swest
  • Options
    I think there are quite a few of us kicking ourselves in the butt for selling our sets too soon. image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    1 million ASE collectors and only 250,000 sets. Add the fact that the mint will not be making any reverse ASE proofs for a long time. In fact after 25 years they may well disconinue the series. Not enough to go around. Same situation with the 1995 W ASE. If you bought at $100 from the U.S. Mint you are doing quite well.
  • Options
    I have 1 opened (raw) set to keep and 2 single sets still in the unopened sealed shipping boxes from the Mint. I just sold 2 graded sets. I wonder what an unopened sealed Mint set might bring in a year or 2? Anyone think $750 for a set is a reach?

"The Villain"

• Options
    I have a raw opened set
    A "69" set
    And a "70" set

I think i'll wait a year or two and watch
  • Options
    Not to many sets for sale as of today on eBay. Checked completed listings and one set sold raw for 500.00. Where do you think the price for this set is going to go?
  • Options
    jhusmanjhusman Posts: 1,082
    Mine sold raw for 450.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Just bought 1 raw set and one 69 graded NGC both for under $400 on the b/s/t you gotta stay sharp and act fast when they put em up.

I think I am going to submit the NGC to get multi-holdered I think they look real nice like that. They are also selling for more that way, than just slabbed.

I wish PCGS would get their multi-holdered butts in gear. I sent in a request for my first strike to get multi-holdered and they said They do not do it for the 3 pce eagles.

• Options
    NH484000NH484000 Posts: 591
    Hmm, I've got two opened sets. I guess I'll hang on to them for a while and see where it goes..
    Looking to buy Morgans in ACG, INS, IGA, Old PCI photo, and Hannes Tulving holders.
  • Options

<< <i>I have 1 opened (raw) set to keep and 2 single sets still in the unopened sealed shipping boxes from the Mint. I just sold 2 graded sets. I wonder what an unopened sealed Mint set might bring in a year or 2? Anyone think $750 for a set is a reach? >>

I think we will see that before the first snow flies.

• Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    It maybe time to sell mine. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I've been tempted to sell ever since they passed $200 per set.... figuring that doubling my money was the way to go! But so far the sets haven't even taken a breather. It's been a continuous increase. Eventually it will level out.... won't it??

At 450 per set.... I figure there is very little downside, since most demand is probably coming from collectors at this point, and that is where most sets are going. Most of the flippers are starting to run out of supply. So I have no idea how much demand will continue, or how high the prices will get pushed.

At this point, I am still holding.... although the temptation is still there just like when they passed $200!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    So, lets say you had 45 sealed sets in 4 tens and a 5. What approach would you take to maximize the return.

PCGS bulk,

NGC multi or single, or both

Search and sub the best

Keep on hangin on.??

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>So, lets say you had 45 sealed sets in 4 tens and a 5. What approach would you take to maximize the return.

PCGS bulk,

NGC multi or single, or both

Search and sub the best

Keep on hangin on.?? >>

Wish my crystal ball were that clear.... that I could predict which would be best! I don't think you can lose either way.... so big bucks seem to be being paid for NGC MS70 if you can get that. I think that is why the high prices are currently being paid for the unopened boxes.... the buyers hope to cash in on a couple of 70's, etc.

Also, if your boxes are eligible for First Strike from PCGS... those seem to be very popular.

Myself, I have an unopened box of 10 that I just plan to keep as is for now.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, if your boxes are eligible for First Strike from PCGS... >>

Unfortunately, they are not. But they make a good night stand

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do a search and submit. You lose the 20th Annv label that some want on 2 of the coins.
    Either submit to PCGS/NGC (I would do 10 each if I had the 45 you are mentioning) and see how it comes out.
    Possibly, sell a box on ebay for the $5000+ they are bringing.

Keep the box of 5 (or 10 if you want) which is what I am doing.

Depending on how the submitted ones come out, then you can send the remainder in if the prices are still strong for slabbed (if NGC prices are going up, then send there since you can get a MS70 there...if PCGS still commands a much higher premium, then send to PCGS)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Just looking again. $450 to $475 not uncommon for an open, raw set. They just keep on a going.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    And a non-first strike sealed box of 10 just went for $6,500! Even with e-bay and Paypal fees, there is about $5K profit in there!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't complain about that....
    I have 3 sets opened of course.....image
    Bought them last summer as the prices started to rise
  • Options
    I sent in 3 sets from the first shippment from the mint.
    I only got PF-69 x3, RP-69 x3, +MS-68 x3. They do at least have the first strike and of course 20th anniversary labels.

I haven't seen any sets listed like this. Maybe a 70,70,69, but no 68s.

What do you think a 69,69,68 set would sell for now?

And what are 3 coin gold sets, in OMP selling for now?

No its not for saleimage
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    It looks as if the supply of sealed boxes of 10 are drying up on ebay. There's one that finishes up in 13 hours and it's up to $6300 so far.

Link to auction

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about 32 PCGS 69,69,69 sets and about 5 PCGS 68,68,68 sets. Is it time to sell yet?.......it's not even close to time to sell.
  • Options
    I have about 32 PCGS 69,69,69 sets and about 5 PCGS 68,68,68 sets. Is it time to sell yet?.......it's not even close to time to sell

Way to Go!!
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Coinboy.
    If it wasn't for this forum, I would have never know just how special these ASE sets were going to be.
  • Options
    I think your wise to hold your sets. It seems the number on ebay are decreasing now and I think they will continue to trend upward in price for a good while yet. Once the higher grades dry up, more people will be willing to bid on the sets with 68 coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file