Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SlimeBay New

13»

Comments

• Options
    Poof! image

Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    Poof!

• Options

<< <i>Poof!

image >>

HAAAAA HA AHAAA. imageimage
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    Why would it go poof now? Same thread as it was, and Bob's link is spot on. Quite astute, as a matter of fact.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is one of the most baffling posts I've ever read in the forum. >>

I agree.

I suppose if skier is that bothered by the coin he could send it in to PCGS on the guaranty. I'm not advising he do that, just suggesting it is an option. When it comes back graded the same, then he can fight with PCGS. image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options

<< <i>Why would it go poof now? Same thread as it was, and Bob's link is spot on. Quite astute, as a matter of fact. >>

Wouldn't you agree that it's gotten quite a bit off track. Here's my progress tracking.

eBay -> Bad Seller -> Bad Buyer -> Name Calling -> Something About a shovel -> Hitler & Nazis -> Monty Python -> 100 posts -> David Hall Gumbo -> Poof?

God I love this place. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops, intended as a PM. Sorry.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll try again.

Bruce >>

• Options
  • Options
    lol i love the bogus ads. good job guys!
  • Options

<< <i>
    By the way, just because everyone seems to disagree with me that often times mean absolutely little to nothing. There have been thousands of times in history
    where the majority is wrong. This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind. The
    majority of Germans thought very highly of Hitler.
    Bad analogy but for the open minded you might get my drift.

Holla,

Bruce >>

Actually, you are wrong about this as well. The Nazi party in Germany never got more than 50% of the vote, except for maybe the very last election, which was rigged. The only time Hitler ran against anyone, where his name was actually on the ballot, he lost to Hindenberg. So it's a poor analogy, and it isn't even historically correct.

I think you were wrong with the ebay situation as well, but since you don't really want anyone's opinion, and just wanted to complain about a seller, I'll leave you to it.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    poorguy-- you have great thread summaries. image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta admit, that was a fun thread to read through. And kudos to everyone for making nice by the end.

PS-HighRelief, you commented that 81-S is a date/mint that usually comes with nice contrast/cameo....not true!, 81-S in true cameo is a rare find, as they usually look more like the one debated in this thread (i.e. drab). That doesn't mean there aren't some killer cameo 81-S's out there, but they're far less likely to have true cameos than 79-S, 80-S and even 82-S.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "He doesn't offer a refund."

Isn't this half the story? Did the seller not make it clear in the auction that refund was not part of the deal? Read the auction terms carefully. Some sellers are not into running an approval service and will make this clear in their auction terms.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have never sold a coin in my life before. Perhaps that explains my bias from a buyers perspective. But if I do sell the coin on ebay guys, I'll be sure
    to give you a heads up and you can critique my listing. I certainly don't want to offend anybody out here or dimininsh my credibility.

I have a high profile business and am continulously exposed to the general public. I am frequently in the newspaper or on television.
    If I treated my target audience the way I was I'd go bust in one week. Business is about customer service. Judging from some
    of the responses I have read I seriously wonder about some of you.

Holla

Bruce >>

If you work with newspapers and televisions and express your points there the way you have on these forums (condescending, arrogant, and obtuse), I'm surprised you ARE still in business.

Edited to say: Did you say "Holla"? image >>

Unless you are a doctor. In which case a little condescension is tolerated, if not celebrated. Adds to the mystique.
  • Options
    He is a doctor.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He is a doctor. >>

Well, there it is image
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PS-HighRelief, you commented that 81-S is a date/mint that usually comes with nice contrast/cameo....not true!, 81-S in true cameo is a rare find, as they usually look more like the one debated in this thread (i.e. drab). That doesn't mean there aren't some killer cameo 81-S's out there, but they're far less likely to have true cameos than 79-S, 80-S and even 82-S. >>

SeattleSlammer

I must have been very fortunate then to have found my 1881-S if what you say about finding them in true cameo is a rare find.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file