Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SlimeBay New

Comments

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I didn't see anything wrong. He bought a coin on eBay and then turned around and sold it. His pictures were not great but neither were the original seller's pictures. The mirrors seem weak for a DMPL but that is why you need to know what you are buying. You bought the coin. You had an opportunity to ask the seller a question if there is something you couldn't tell from the images. Judging by the seller's feedback, I don't think he is out to "scam" anybody. I also don't think it is wise for you to be calling him/her a "theif" and that he/she is committing "fraud". It is way out of line calling him/her a slimeball. Just remember, what you say about others reflects how people see you as well.

Well said! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    sorry, pressed the button twice
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy you guys really have misguided principals if you don't have a problem with this. If this doesn't bother you I'd have
    serious qualms about doing business with any of you. I would serious question your integrity about life in general.

The seller IMHO is a dirtbag. This is fraud.

I'm sorry if you can't see this. I hope you all have better moral compasses in life if this is what you are showing
    now.

I couldn't care less about the $600. That's lunch money in Southern California. But I am bothered by being
    screwed.

Out.

Bruce >>

Bruce,

We should all check our moral compasses once in awhile..... I just did a once-over on mine and everything seems to be in place.

Perhaps you should put a disclaimer on your original posts that if someone has an opinion different than yours then they likely have a moral compass issue, and you would question their integrity on life in general.

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy you guys really have misguided principals if you don't have a problem with this. If this doesn't bother you I'd have
    serious qualms about doing business with any of you. I would serious question your integrity about life in general.

For the record there is nothing wrong with flipping a coin. We live in a capitalistic society. We have the greatest economy in the world. G-d bless the seller
    if he wants to make or in this case try to make a profit on this coin. I have no problems with that. But it's painfully obvious that he bought the coin
    with the intention of reselling it and he hid the defect on the coin. The original seller makes it very
    apparent that the coin has this ugly brown mark on it. He also has a three day refund on his sale. My seller hides this
    as best as he can.

The second seller deliberately took lousy photos. He doesn't offer a refund. Retrospectively the spot is visible.
    The seller IMHO is a dirtbag. This is fraud. I am not committing libel. If the seller thinks so let him bring it on to
    me.

I'm sorry if you can't see this. I hope you all have better moral compasses in life if this is what you are showing
    now.

It will be a long time until I buy a coin again online. After going to the Long Beach Show when I can see twenty
    coins with the same grade on slabs I done with this.

I couldn't care less about the $600. That's lunch money in Southern California. But I am bothered by being
    screwed.

Out.

Bruce >>

You have the right to express your opinion. I respect you for that. I think you are in error in this case. Goodby Bruce.....and, God Bless.
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with this.

I have better things to do with my time than discuss this further.

Brandon I'll get you a shovel and you can stick it where the sun don't shine. It might help your back
    from schlepping bags of coins for Anaconda.

Outa here.

Bruce
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm done with this.

Brandon I'll get you a shovel and you can stick it where the sun don't shine. It might help your back

Outa here.

Bruce >>

image You've got to admit that is funny coming from a guy with such a perfect moral compass image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm done with this.

Outa here.

Bruce >>

imageimage Bags of Coins. imageimage Bring me a shovel. What. To help him dig himself out? Use your moral compass to find your way outta this hole. imageimage

Sounds like a jolly good time. That is actually one of the best poo poo responses I've gotten yet. image

I'll see your taunt and raise you one Monty Python:

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    Hey poorguy, read my sigline!!
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options

<< <i>Hey poorguy, read my sigline!! >>

imageimage

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
    Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Check this link out: Monty Python Quotes
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    I've updated my bidder list

And placed you on my BLOCKED LIST!!image
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options

<< <i>I've updated my bidder list

And placed you on my BLOCKED LIST!!image >>

Thanks for saving me the time. image
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    yea, the masses are wrong. ok.
  • Options
    I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time in this deteriorating dialogue, I guess because it's a slow day at work, I'm bored and I find this entertaining.
    I was not the one who iniated personal attacks. I presented my case. I stand behind what I said. If you disagree, fine. I respect other folks opinions but
    I don't have to agree with them.

If you want to block me from your auctions, block me. I'm shaking in my boots. I wouldn't want to give you my hard earned money anyway.
    If anyone looked at my profile they would see that I am an ideal potential buyer.

By the way, just because everyone seems to disagree with me that often times mean absolutely little to nothing. There have been thousands of times in history
    where the majority is wrong. This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind. The
    majority of Germans thought very highly of Hitler. Bad analogy but for the open minded you might get my drift. Most Americans also thought
    we were justified attacking Iraq and now five years later the opposite view is prevalent

Holla,

Bruce
  • Options

<< <i>
    By the way, just because everyone seems to disagree with me that often times mean absolutely little to nothing. There have been thousands of times in history
    where the majority is wrong. This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind. The
    majority of Germans thought very highly of Hitler. Bad analogy but for the open minded you might get my drift. Most Americans also thought
    we were justified attacking Iraq and now five years later the opposite view is prevalent

Holla,

Bruce >>

Just when I thought you couldn't make your argument any worse, you bring Hitler and Nazis into this. image You're just batting 1000 today aren't you?

Better throw out that shovel and rent a backhoe. image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor comparison and analogy.
    And, you did give the air of "if you disagree with me, YOU are wrong".

People have pointed out why they don't feel the seller is wrong. Have you taken pictures of the coin yet? Care to post them?
    From what I see, I can see the mark you are talking about, in both sellers' pictures but don't feel that is a huge point.

Did you, or did you not, see the "no returns on 3rd party slabs"?
    Did you, or did you not, ask questions prior to bidding?

You are certainly coming across as caustic when people aren't agreeing with you. What did you really want from your original post?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not the one who iniated personal attacks.

"Boy you guys really have misguided principals if you don't have a problem with this. If this doesn't bother you I'd have
    serious qualms about doing business with any of you. I would serious question your integrity about life in general."

"I hope you all have better moral compasses in life if this is what you are showing"

"Brandon I'll get you a shovel and you can stick it where the sun don't shine."

"This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind."

Yes, you certainly have taken the high road here. image

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the pictures and description when it goes up on ebay for the 3rd time.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind. >>

Godwin's Law triumphs again!
  • Options
    I have never sold a coin in my life before. Perhaps that explains my bias from a buyers perspective. But if I do sell the coin on ebay guys, I'll be sure
    to give you a heads up and you can critique my listing. I certainly don't want to offend anybody out here or dimininsh my credibility.

I have a high profile business and am continulously exposed to the general public. I am frequently in the newspaper or on television.
    If I treated my target audience the way I was I'd go bust in one week. Business is about customer service. Judging from some
    of the responses I have read I seriously wonder about some of you.

Holla

Bruce
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that the seller just sold a coin (open to all bidders) with the brief description stating its grade and certification by PCGS. What is the problem here? It even has pictures! There are many coins bought and sold sight unseen in the major periodicals. Supposedly that's what we have the expert graders at third party grading companies for. So there is a spot? It didnt bother PCGS. Maybe your problem should be with them, as it seems you put your trust in the holder.
    Never buy anything on ebay without a return policy. If this guy has such a policy you should have emailed him with your desire to return the coin. If you havent gotten a response then you have to file a claim under ebay's buyer protection.
    Still a nice looking coin in my eyes. Good luck with it.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

<< <i>I have never sold a coin in my life before. Perhaps that explains my bias from a buyers perspective. But if I do sell the coin on ebay guys, I'll be sure
    to give you a heads up and you can critique my listing. I certainly don't want to offend anybody out here or dimininsh my credibility.

I have a high profile business and am continulously exposed to the general public. I am frequently in the newspaper or on television.
    If I treated my target audience the way I was I'd go bust in one week. Business is about customer service. Judging from some

Holla

Bruce >>

If you work with newspapers and televisions and express your points there the way you have on these forums (condescending, arrogant, and obtuse), I'm surprised you ARE still in business.

Edited to say: Did you say "Holla"? image
  • Options
    Bruce:

You decided to buy this coin.
    You bought the coin based upon the pictures that were provided.
    You failed to look closely at the pictures to see the "spot".
    You failed to request more info from the seller (better pics..what is that spot, etc?).
    You bought the coin with the sellers terms clearly stated (ie. no TPG coin return policy).

It's your fault. Take responsibility for your actions, learn a lesson from this, and move on.

I'm not smarter than you Bruce! I made a silly decision I wish I hadn't a few months ago
    related to a coin sale. It was my fault for not being more careful....but it won't happen again!

"All that is gold does not glitter..."
    -JRR Tolkien
  • Options
    I still say send it to NCS to get the spot off, then back to PCGS, and then... PROFIT!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I have never sold a coin in my life before. Perhaps that explains my bias from a buyers perspective. But if I do sell the coin on ebay guys, I'll be sure

Holla

Bruce >>

You think selling coins is that seller's business? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I sell on ebay, but it certainly isn't a business for me. You really need to see the big picture here and I think that may be what is causing the issue....you are looking very narrowly at this because it affects you.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

That's one of my favorite lines in that movie!! image
  • Options
    I certainly don't want to offend anybody out here

• Options
    This is one of the most baffling posts I've ever read in the forum.

• Options

<< <i>This is one of the most baffling posts I've ever read in the forum. >>

It's just Munday. We're just getting started. image

Whoops, gotta run. I forgot I have to go "schlepp bags of coins for Anaconda." image
  • Options
    So...........have you determined what caused that spot? There is still no good pic of this 1881S here, but from what I can see, it appears to be the outline left by something that spilled on the coin. I don't think it's a toning spot. Someone must have tried to dip it before submission, but couldn't get it off. I would think it was docked for that. (hence the next question) Does it appear to be 66 material to you, without the spot/stain taken into account?
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    Wow, one o f the most amazing threads I've read in a long time. Some guy flips a coin for less than a $10 profit and the buyer thinks he got screwed. Then the flames get bigger and bigger.

P.S I think the seller has a return policy - so what's the problem? Just send it back.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't see anything wrong. He bought a coin on eBay and then turned around and sold it. His pictures were not great but neither were the original seller's pictures. The mirrors seem weak for a DMPL but that is why you need to know what you are buying. You bought the coin. You had an opportunity to ask the seller a question if there is something you couldn't tell from the images. Judging by the seller's feedback, I don't think he is out to "scam" anybody. I also don't think it is wise for you to be calling him/her a "theif" and that he/she is committing "fraud". It is way out of line calling him/her a slimeball. Just remember, what you say about others reflects how people see you as well. I've updated my bidder list.

Did you look at his other photos? Probably not, they are all taken kind of like this one. I think it's just the way he images coins. You even said that the spot is visible in his auction photos. >>

Buying DMPL Morgans without seeing them in hand is very risky in the first place. The pictures that were taken of this DMPL are crap and do not show the true looks of the coin. When the seller received this DMPL, he could finally see it up close and saw the spot. Also, the coin looks like it has very little contrast against the fields, not very typical for the 81-S in DMPL.

I can see why this one went back on the auction block instantaneously.
  • Options
    A Bit late to the party here but I will take exception to being compared to Nazis.

I have bought and sold many many thousands of dollars of coins, metals , and paper Money on Ebay. Not once promoted here BTW, actually prefer to keep them to myself. I have been on Ebay almost 10 years, over 550 transactions and a feedback of 100%. I have bought and sold everything from Computers to Cars.
    I have been burnt once, Paypal made the transaction right. I have lost one sale of a proof collection in the mail, I refunded the money , up front, eventually the USPS found it and returned it to me before the Insurance refund.

I can say I have some experience with Ebay. That said...

I NEVER do business without a return policy. Ever. (I refund for any reason , period. Less shipping. )

If you get caught buying anything based on a dgital image, and there is no refund , it tough on you, its your resposibility. The terms were clear, the images were what the images where and are ALWAYS inferior to any visual inspection in person. The same thing would apply to cars for that matter.

In this case intent to defraud buy the seller in question will be tough to prove. Its a matter of personal responsibility , there are no returns, clearly stated , and by participating in the auction you agreed to those terms. It is what it is. Caveat Emptor. its no ones fault but yours cupcake.

For those who would like to Check out my feedback or story , or BLOCK me (puleeze), my Ebay ID is : sellbybid

If I have done any business with folks here, thanks , no matter if I purchased or sold. Overall Ebay has been a good experience, not perfect, but good.

Azcoindevil
    If you dont make mistakes, you aint doing much
  • Options
    Guys,

Let's call this quits. If I offended anybody, and I'm sure I may have, I'm sorry. I don't want to
    discuss this anymore. I'm done responding to this stupid thread which I started.

Bottum line is I have a halfway decent coin. I should not have bought a coin without a return policy.
    Seller IMHO was devious. If he didn't like the coin he could have returned it from the initial seller when
    he first purchased it. He bought it to flip it.

Brandon, you're actually a pretty nice guy. I spoke with you at great length at Long Beach. I won't reveal
    my true identity. Can you schlep my bags for me?

Peace!

Holla

Bruce
  • Options

<< <i>Guys,

Let's call this quits. If I offended anybody, and I'm sure I may have, I'm sorry. I don't want to
    discuss this anymore. I'm done responding to this stupid thread which I started.

Bottum line is I have a halfway decent coin. I should not have bought a coin without a return policy.
    Seller IMHO was devious. If he didn't like the coin he could have returned it from the initial seller when

Brandon, you're actually a pretty nice guy. I spoke with you at great length at Long Beach. I won't reveal

Peace!

Holla

Bruce >>

Nothing to do with what the thread was created for, but I have to ask, what the H is "Holla"?
    I know what "Hola" is but have never seen a "Holla"....

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys,

Peace!

Holla

Bruce >>

Nothing to do with what the thread was created for, but I have to ask, what the H is "Holla"?
    I know what "Hola" is but have never seen a "Holla".... >>

Boik, you are hopelessly out of date. Ask any teenage girl.
  • Options

<< <i>What the H is "holla"? >>

There are some definitions for this at "urbandictionary.com"

Definitions For Holla
  • Options

<< <i>I hope you all have better moral compasses in life if this is what you are showing
    now. >>

My moral compass appears to be broken......

It keeps telling me that Nazi references/comparisons are not appropriate.
  • Options

<< <i>This is one of the most baffling posts I've ever read in the forum. >>

• Options
    I tend to think the definition Bruce is using is "trying to talk to someone or just saying goodbye"
    and probably NOT "used by dark skinned people of African descent as well as obscenely annoying light skinned people descended from northern New Jersey" OR "A way for a brotha to say he wants to get in your pants"...

edited: to capitalize the N of New Jersey
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    I'm just amazed that there is such thing as Godwin's law and it has been supported by this thread. Maybe we all need to get out more.image
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm done with this. >>

No point in beating this dead horse anymore.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had this much fun since the OF was around. image

Very entertaining. Thanks for the laughs guys.

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    What are you complaining about? imageimage
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm done with this. >>

No point in beating this dead horse anymore. >>

• Options

<< <i>Guys,

Peace!

Holla

Bruce >>

I'm glad we had a good discussion at Long Beach. I remember speaking with many friendly folks out there. If you were one of them then I appreciate you coming by and taking time out to chat. I enjoy all of the discussions I have with collectors at shows. It's something I look forward to at each show. No, I won't schelp bags for you. image

I actually think I am a pretty nice guy. If I came off strong in this thread, it was in response to how you treated the seller of the coin you bought and how you treated my friends on this board because they disagreed with you. I did like how it spiraled down to Monty Python jokes though. image
  • Options

<< <i>I did like how it spiraled down to Monty Python jokes though. image >>

I wonder if that is Godwin's Law Part 2?

You end up with Nazi's or Monty Python..and we got both!

"It's just a flesh wound!". image

-k
    "All that is gold does not glitter..."
    -JRR Tolkien
  • Options

<< <i>This perhaps might be a poor analogy, but Nazi Germany comes to mind. >>

GODWIN'S LAW! <-- click the link, Bruce.
  • Options
    I noticed the secondary thread just went "poof"™.... image
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file