Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1982 Topps Baseball Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVee

I have a 1982 Tony Perez #255 PSA 9. Send me a pm if interested.

Brian

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I just started 1982 topps set a few weeks ago image I always liked the design of the cards in this set image
  • Options
    Good luck with the set twiley!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Still looking for Tiant, Campaneris or L.A. Dodger cards in PSA 9 or better. PM me or e-mail me at SCMAuctions@aol.com
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck with the set twiley! >>

Hey thank you!

Its off to a ok start I think.

1982 Topps Set

I have a Ron Cey PSA 10 incoming image

I would like to have my 82 set in the same grade as my 84 set

1984 Topps Set

I did start off trying to complete a 1974 topps psa 9 set and 1971 topps psa 8 set and realized after I had gotten the 71 Bob Clemente psa 8 and some others the 2 sets would be very expensive to complete. To buy raw and grade or already graded. I abandoned ship and been doing 1982 and 1984 for now image I like these cards a lot!

• Options
    Congrats on the Cey PSA 10, nice card! Nice start to your set.
  • Options
    The Cey came in the mail today image

These cards bring back a lot of memories...
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Jeff , Great looking card. The 82 Topps is far more competitive then the 84 Topps. Its going to be a little tough to get your 82's as nice as your 84's. Wait until you have 5 boys , it gets even harder. So my advice is to save these cards while you still can afford it without great pain. Good luck on your collections. ---Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Hey 1982 Topps Collectors,

I could use a 1982 Topps Ozzie Smith in PSA 9 or 10. Please PM me if you have an extra one to offer.

Thank you,

Ledsters
  • Options

<< <i>The 82 Topps is far more competitive then the 84 Topps. Its going to be a little tough to get your 82's as nice as your 84's. >>

Sonny - From what I have seen not that I am an eggspurt on 1982 topps cards. I assume in general 82 are in worse quality then 84 far as centering focus etc etc.

something to concider.

POP for 1982 psa 10s is 1685 cards
    POP for 1984 psa 10s is 2378 cards

total graded

Total for 1982 is 35291 cards
    Total for 1984 is 18592 cards

Good luck to you and your collections!

Tim
  • Options
    Does anyone have a psa 9 Yastrzemski they want to sell?
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    This thread could use a few scans...

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm now the proud owner of the Carlton Fisk (1/1) PSA 10 card, and I have to say thank you for submitting such a sweet card. I think it's on eof the nicest cards in the set.

I know looking for the only PSA 10 (1/1) Pascal Perez card #383. Someone purchased it on Ebay (outbid me I might add) and I would love to add it to my set. Please email me if you have it. raymondo123@optonline.net

Thanks, Ray
  • Options
    Let me be the first to welcome Frank to the 82 Topps Registry. As many here already know, Frank is a great collector, and we're happy to have him aboard! Good luck on the set! Steve
  • Options
    Lost contact with a 1982 Topps collector awhile back.
    I'm looking to fill up my wall display and i have 10 cards to go. Would prefer some cheap PSA 8's or 9's. In action and Traded cards are good too.
    I have the following cards already:
    Porter #447 and #448
    Andujar #533
    O. Smith #109T
    Templeton #288
    Hendrick #420
    Kaat #367
    Hernandez #420
    Forsch #775
    Herr #27
    Sutter #260
    Oberkfell #474
    Future Stars #561
    Sanchez #604
    Bair #262
    Martin #236
    Rincon #135
    Iorg #86
    Braun #316
    Littell #56

If you can help, please send me an email. Thanks in advace! Ben
    bjk721@gmail.com

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone collecting this set any longer. Have been able to pick up a few PSA 10s on the cheap.
  • Options
    Anyone know off hand the toughest cards to attain in PSA 10? I looked at the pop reports and for commons, I suppose anything without a 10 but most have only about a dozen graded total. I did see Reggie Jackson as a toughie. I just busted a few boxes and they are tough out of the wax pack. I will have to post some pics but may do so in the big forum.

Also wanted to point out I have a Tom Seaver All Star with the "i" in "tied" on back slightly missing. It's in between missing and there....haha....thought it was interesting. I will have to check my George Foster AS to see if they have the signature or not. All the Pascual Perez have his position in front.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking for #337 Dave Lopes All-Star in PSA 9 or 10.

PM if you have one for sale...Thx
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I just started this set...With nearly 800 cards, this one will take me awhile.
  • Options
    3BoyzTrading3BoyzTrading Posts: 798 ✭✭
    This is a pretty nice set with all the Hall of Famers along with the Cal Ripken Jr. Rookie card. I remember looking for the Dave Stewart card back when the A's had the World Series team. I just got in on the Group Rip for rack packs. Hopefully I will pull some sharp cards!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going through some boxes last night and found a 1500-card "cut card case" of 1982 Topps from the "A" sheet...The cards were intact and in perfect vending shape. I recall buying a couple of cut card cases years ago, but the cost of 1982 Topps product back then was far less than what it is now, so I just socked it away. I may try and send a few HOFer cards in now.

Edit to add: Also got 4 "blank back" 82 Topps cards including a Yaz IA card from an 82 grocerty rack I picked up in the most recent CU group rip. I recall blank back cards retailing for a few bucks each a few years ago. Is that still the case?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    very nice cards bishop!
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2021 7:17PM

nm

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com