Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

LMAO! Jose Canseco thrown out like a Christmas tree in March!

13»

Comments

• Options
    danandkatdanandkat Posts: 107 ✭✭
    More than happy to answer that for you my friend....Larry Walker....another product of Coors field image

SF Giants from the 60's & 70's in PSA6-9. dwdominguez@hotmail.com

"Just when they think they got all the answers, I change the questions."
    -- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>More than happy to answer that for you my friend....Larry Walker....another product of Coors field image >>

So, you mean to tell me that .362 isn't a great batting average on the road (away from Coors field)?
  • Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭
    lol...auto told you to SIT down sucka!
  • Options

<< <i>lol...auto told you to SIT down sucka! >>

I guess Todd canned Coors field like the beer and took a case of Coors on the road with him. Out of 580 at-bats, he only struck out 61 times, which means he made contact with the ball 519 times out of 580. I guess Coors had something to do with that too, right?
  • Options
    I'm saying Coors pads the stats big time. I looked at the last 2 years team batting averages. Colorado had a team batting average of almost .300 both years. They won the team batting average by 20 points both years. That is no coincidence.

Helton is a good hitter don't get me wrong, but i think if he was playing elsewhere, he would become an above average hitter.

If some of yesteryears players played at Coors, we would have some incredible stats today. Don't you agree? Imagine seeing Mays in centerfield for the Rockies......Schmidt at third......whoever.....1000 homers would be possible.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>I'm saying Coors pads the stats big time. I looked at the last 2 years team batting averages. Colorado had a team batting average of almost .300 both years. They won the team batting average by 20 points both years. That is no coincidence.

Helton is a good hitter don't get me wrong, but i think if he was playing elsewhere, he would become an above average hitter.

If some of yesteryears players played at Coors, we would have some incredible stats today. Don't you agree? Imagine seeing Mays in centerfield for the Rockies......Schmidt at third......whoever.....1000 homers would be possible. >>

Read above.. Helton connected with the ball 519 times out of 580 (only struck out 61 times). So, did Coors have something to do with hand-eye coordination and accuracy?
  • Options
    Hey Auto...hate to bust you out...but check out what I found on ESPN.com

Heltons stats

Please all...read the last paragraph.

And if you don't want to, I will cut and paste it for you....

At the age of 28, Helton is just coming into his prime. Given the benefit of Coors Field, where he has a .375 career batting average compared to .290 on the road, he has shown he is a player that can be counted on to hit 40-plus home runs, drive in 140-plus runs and score 110-plus runs.

thanks
    Dan & Kat image

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    Time for the stat report on Helton:

1997 - 93 at-bats, 11 strikeouts, .280 batting average. (connected 82 out of 93 at-bats)
    1998 - 530 at-bats, 54 strikeouts, .315 batting average. (connected 476 out of 530 at-bats)
    1999 - 578 at-bats, 77 strikeouts, .320 batting average. (connected 501 out of 578 at-bats)
    2000 - 580 at-bats, 61 strikeouts, .372 batting average. (connected 519 out of 580 at-bats)
    2001 - 587 at-bats, 104 strikeouts, .336 batting average. (connected 483 out of 587 at-bats)

Coors only helps with Home Runs, but hand-eye coordination and accuracy.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Auto...hate to bust you out...but check out what I found on ESPN.com

Heltons stats

Please all...read the last paragraph.

And if you don't want to, I will cut and paste it for you....

At the age of 28, Helton is just coming into his prime. Given the benefit of Coors Field, where he has a .375 career batting average compared to .290 on the road, he has shown he is a player that can be counted on to hit 40-plus home runs, drive in 140-plus runs and score 110-plus runs.

thanks
    Dan & Kat image >>

Actually, he was hitting .362 by the All-Star break (when he was doing the .400 race).
  • Options
    Auto

Coors only helps in homers? Check out the team batting averages.

Colorado averaged .292
    Houston was second at .271

Colorado averaged .294
    Houston was second at .278

I never said that helton was not a good contact hitter. In todays game that is a remarkable average. But todays hitter is a home run hitter and will strike out.

I mean come on you have Rich Aurilia hitting 38 homers last year.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    You still haven't answered my question. Does Coors increase handeye coordination and accuracy? You have to touch the ball in order to hit homeruns. The ball doesn't fly over the fence by itself.

Helton has a total of 307 strikeouts in 2368 at-bats. I bet that's Coors magic, right? Coors makes the bats become magnets and the balls steel and then once the touches the bats, the ball magically turns into a cork.
  • Options
    No it does not Auto....make you feel better?

Now explain Heltons career 292 average on the road?

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>Helton has a total of 307 strikeouts in 2368 at-bats. I bet that's Coors magic, right? Coors makes the bats become magnets and the balls steel and then once the touches the bats, the ball magically turns into a cork. >>

buyah!

he's got ya there man...coors light air only makes the ball travel farther, but it takes heltons skills to connect in the first place.
  • Options

<< <i>Auto

Coors only helps in homers? Check out the team batting averages.

Colorado averaged .292
    Houston was second at .271

Colorado averaged .294
    Houston was second at .278

I never said that helton was not a good contact hitter. In todays game that is a remarkable average. But todays hitter is a home run hitter and will strike out.

I mean come on you have Rich Aurilia hitting 38 homers last year. >>

You moving on to something else... I'm talking about batting average and strikeouts. It seems when you are losing a debate you move on to something else. We were discussing Ripken vs. Boggs, then you drag Helton into this (only defending him since we were classmates). So, now you trying to go to HRs. Coors field does help HRs, but not handeye coordination and accuracy with the bat. Let's stay on that. Boggs vs. Ripken (no contest). Helton is a future HOFer and excellent contact hitter. I think you may want to get back to Yanksfan about O'Neill & Mattingly becoming HOfers because you are definately losing this debate. image
  • Options
    Actually I have a totally different theory on the reason for the jumps in homers and the increase in strikeouts. But thats a different topic for a different thread and a different day. image

I did post the batting averages of Colorado as a team, showing that Colorado is a hitters park by far. Having a team average 20 points better than the next team says something, you just don't want to admit it.

I showed you Heltons 292 career average on the road, you dismiss that and say he hit 360 on the road before the all star break. Hogwash, tell me why he a 292 hitter on the road away from hitter friendly Coors. Sure he puts the ball in play, but he must be making outs instead of getting hits. Thus explaining his 292 average.

Now you saying Helton to the Hall. Maybe in a few more years, gonna be tough for him. IMO, cause people will expect him to be a better hitter since he at Coors.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>Actually I have a totally different theory on the reason for the jumps in homers and the increase in strikeouts. But thats a different topic for a different thread and a different day. image

I did post the batting averages of Colorado as a team, showing that Colorado is a hitters park by far. Having a team average 20 points better than the next team says something, you just don't want to admit it.

I showed you Heltons 292 career average on the road, you dismiss that and say he hit 360 on the road before the all star break. Hogwash, tell me why he a 292 hitter on the road away from hitter friendly Coors. Sure he puts the ball in play, but he must be making outs instead of getting hits. Thus explaining his 292 average.

Now you saying Helton to the Hall. Maybe in a few more years, gonna be tough for him. IMO, cause people will expect him to be a better hitter since he at Coors. >>

Coors don't make you better contact hitters ( At bat/strikeout ratio proves that). It can improve batting average, but has nothing to do with making contact with the ball which is all skill. Now, a batter may have more base hits per at-bats, but have a higher strikeout ratio. With Helton, that's not the case. Coors has nothing to do with Helton's low strikeout ratio of 307 of 2368 at-bats. And we're not talking about the Rockies team. We are talking about Helton which only his personal stats apply. So, does Coors has something to do with handeye coordination and accuracy?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Helton has a total of 307 strikeouts in 2368 at-bats. I bet that's Coors magic, right? Coors makes the bats become magnets and the balls steel and then once the touches the bats, the ball magically turns into a cork. >>

buyah!

he's got ya there man...coors light air only makes the ball travel farther, but it takes heltons skills to connect in the first place. >>

You are forgetting that Coors has alot of outfield space for "cheap" basehits to fall in. Explain his 292 career average on the road.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually I have a totally different theory on the reason for the jumps in homers and the increase in strikeouts. But thats a different topic for a different thread and a different day. image

Now you saying Helton to the Hall. Maybe in a few more years, gonna be tough for him. IMO, cause people will expect him to be a better hitter since he at Coors. >>

Coors don't make you better contact hitters ( At bat/strikeout ratio proves that). It can improve batting average, but has nothing to do with making contact with the ball which is all skill. Now, a batter may have more base hits per at-bats, but have a higher strikeout ratio. With Helton, that's not the case. Coors has nothing to do with Helton's low strikeout ratio of 307 of 2368 at-bats. And we're not talking about the Rockies team. We are talking about Helton which only his personal stats apply. So, does Coors has something to do with handeye coordination and accuracy? >>

I answered that Auto. Let me cut and paste for ya....

Now please explain his career 292 average on the road?

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options
    Hey Auto...totally off the subject. But don't you work for Fed-Ex in Memphis? If so, were the planes grounded the other day?

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>I never said that helton was not a good contact hitter. In todays game that is a remarkable average. But todays hitter is a home run hitter and will strike out.

Now please explain his career 292 average on the road? >>

.292 on the road is not too bad. But as his career of only 307 strikeouts out of 2368 at-bats means he is still making contact with the ball which shows his talent. Now let's compare that ratio to other stars in the MLB.

Mike Piazza: 4638 at-bats, 719 strikeouts (double heltons at-bats 4736 and strikeouts 614 strikeouts) - I know that is speculation, but I think Helton will have a little less strikeouts than that with that many at-bats.

Jeff Bagwell: 5949 at-bats, 1157 strikeouts (no need in comparing that ratio)

Nomar has a better ratio, but you already criticized Boggs for being at Fenway.

AROD: 3758 at-bats, 747 strikeouts (has worst strikeout ratio than Piazza).
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Auto...totally off the subject. But don't you work for Fed-Ex in Memphis? If so, were the planes grounded the other day? >>

I no longer work at the Hub. I doubt it though because they would have sent a system wide e-mail since we have a plane that goes to Memphis. I'm in East Tennessee now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I never said that helton was not a good contact hitter. In todays game that is a remarkable average. But todays hitter is a home run hitter and will strike out.

.292 on the road is not too bad. But as his career of only 307 strikeouts out of 2368 at-bats means he is still making contact with the ball which shows his talent. Now let's compare that ratio to other stars in the MLB.

Mike Piazza: 4638 at-bats, 719 strikeouts (double heltons at-bats 4736 and strikeouts 614 strikeouts) - I know that is speculation, but I think Helton will have a little less strikeouts than that with that many at-bats.

AROD: 3758 at-bats, 747 strikeouts (has worst strikeout ratio than Piazza). >>

When you getting paid $151 million....a 292 average would be unacceptable for me.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

AROD: 3758 at-bats, 747 strikeouts (has worst strikeout ratio than Piazza). >>

When you getting paid $151 million....a 292 average would be unacceptable for me. >>

yeah, but what's his TOTAL batting average? They pay him for the full seasons, not just on the road.
  • Options
    Back to the Coors field debate image Which has been my point about Helton all along.

Isn't this what baseball is all about?

Thanks
    Dan & Kat

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>Back to the Coors field debate image Which has been my point about Helton all along.

Isn't this what baseball is all about?

Thanks
    Dan & Kat >>

hahaha... here's a song for you: Friends of Distinction "Going In Circles".
  • Options
    Agreed. Hey man....if i ever go back to tenn....I would buy ya a beer...and we could talk baseball.

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options

<< <i>Agreed. Hey man....if i ever go back to tenn....I would buy ya a beer...and we could talk baseball. >>

I believe we would get kicked out of the bar if that happened.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be the first for me....hahaha......The memories

-- Roddy Piper
  • Options