Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where's Keets?

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
He disappeared and hasn't been logged on since shortly after this thread.

He also changed his profile to include this:

<< <i>Last Name: see ya later. >>

And changed his forum avatar to the paper bag. Anybody heard from him?

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    You miss him don't you. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You miss him don't you. >>

All forum members are important people about whom each of us should be deeply concerned.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am concerned. I like Al. I expect to see him in St. Louis next month.
  • Options
    Keep us posted! I'd like to hear from him some more. He is super knowledgeable on Jeffs...
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>You miss him don't you. image >>

I miss Al. His posts are always well written and thoughtful. He does stir the pot, but I can't ever recall where he went overboard. I certainly don't agree with him all the time, but he does make me think.

Keets, later is up. Time to see you again. Hope all is OK.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You miss him don't you. image >>

I miss Al. His posts are always well written and thoughtful. He does stir the pot, but I can't ever recall where he went overboard. I certainly don't agree with him all the time, but he does make me think.

Keets, later is up. Time to see you again. Hope all is OK. >>

Zackly!
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    He will be sorely missed by me. image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Fats. Keets has personality AND knowledge. There aren't too many users here with that combination.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    He got flamed by some big boys and went bye bye
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated that damn thread pretty much from the beginning, but now wish I'd posted.

I trust Keets is doing fine and hope he'll be back when he cools down.

In any case he has been a huge asset to this board for a very long time, not only
    for his knowledge and humor but also for the friendship which he was never stingy with.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Keets (Al) is a great guy and a very knowledgable poster, and a friend. I hope he did not call it quits. I gave up on that thread long ago so did not see the flame war. I would trade 40 Laura's for 1 Keets in a heartbeat. Does Laura actually contribute anything or just she just toot her horn all the time without saying anything?
  • Options
    He was in the middle of moving into a new house and has a new family, so perhaps that is what is taking up his time right now.
    Gary
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    He's taking a break from the boards.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Maybe he is really upset about his 1 coin PCGS error submission -- still pending since 2/7/05!!!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Russ are you saying Laura killed Keets!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I like Keets!
  • Options
    BTW, is Keet's Icon a self-portrait?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets needed to cool it a little. image He had gotten into a "shoot anything that moves" mentality toward anyone who disagreed with him about modern coins. He was shooting from the hip at certain people without even reading what they had written. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Send MadMarty to the rescue!!!!!
  • Options
    I need Keets now that I am into Nickels!!!!! Come on Keets!!!!!!
  • Options
    You people who have no association with Al(Keets) outside this forum, need to, how should I say this, PUT A LID ON IT. OR, if you prefer,PACK SAND. Just forget about Keets and go on with your own lives!! I can assure you, from knowing Al, that is exactly what he is doing.

Gary
    Gary
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed friendly debates over "moderns vs. classics" with Keets, and I learned a lot from him in the process.
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I like Keets posts - they often put a different perspective on things. Hope he returns.
  • Options
    <You people who have no association with Al(Keets) outside this forum, need to, how should I say this, PUT A LID ON IT. OR, if you prefer,PACK SAND. Just forget about Keets and go on with your own lives!! I can assure you, from knowing Al, that is exactly what he is doing.>

Touchy, touchy. I guess some people take this forum pretty seriously. image Personally, I try not to take anything personally. image
  • Options

<< <i>You people who have no association with Al(Keets) outside this forum, need to, how should I say this, PUT A LID ON IT. OR, if you prefer,PACK SAND. Just forget about Keets and go on with your own lives!! I can assure you, from knowing Al, that is exactly what he is doing.

Gary >>

Agreed!
  • Options

<< <i>All forum members are important people about whom each of us should be deeply concerned.

Russ, NCNE >>

I feel so special now image (no, not 'special' like you're gonna comment on image )

• Options
    al's a very good friend of mine and has taught me a great deal about this hobby especially about jefferson nickels. i've been trying to get ahold of him but have not had any luck yet. i just hope he will be back on the boards soon. his knowledge is very much appreciated.
    i like collecting a wide range of coins but my preference is full step jefferson nickels
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he had a twin, would you have pair-a-keets? image
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭

<< <i>You people who have no association with Al(Keets) outside this forum, need to, how should I say this, PUT A LID ON IT. OR, if you prefer,PACK SAND. Just forget about Keets and go on with your own lives!! I can assure you, from knowing Al, that is exactly what he is doing >>

Oh, oh, looks like someone forgot to take their medicine again.

CG
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You people who have no association with Al(Keets) outside this forum, need to, how should I say this, PUT A LID ON IT. OR, if you prefer,PACK SAND. Just forget about Keets and go on with your own lives!! I can assure you, from knowing Al, that is exactly what he is doing >>

Oh, oh, looks like someone forgot to take their medicine again.

CG >>

Yes, tell us what it is you take!!image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with folks saying

that they miss someone who is a really

nice and intelligent person.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    i spoke to keets last night he's doing well and him and i are going to a coin show sunday.
    i like collecting a wide range of coins but my preference is full step jefferson nickels
  • Options
    As Lucybop would say, " MORE KEETS FOR ME!"

I miss him as well.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights