Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

300 Post Giveaway!! WINNERS POSTED!! POS IMAGES INCLUDED!!

Here are the winners of my 300th post giveaway. I'd like to thank all of you for participating!! For those who didn't win, better luck next time!! For those who didn't participate...Tough Crap!! image

If your name is mentioned on this post, please PM me with your shipping information.

As you may recall, I said ...

<< <i>I might include a bonus prize if your thread mentions something about bowling (your high game bowled or average, your favorite pro bowler or include some sort of story or image that is bowling related. >>

So I am giving some "awards" like a bowling league might give out at the end of the season. These are for the minor category awards winners (mentioned immediately below)and will be one grab bag pull from the 2X2's in the image shown later in this post. I have no idea at this time what these winners might receive but it's better than a kick in the butt. There is a variety of coins of different denominations, years, condition, mintage states, some being proofs.

Mentioned information was taken from the posts to qualify for these awards (only one 2x2 prize awarded per person - I make the STINKING rules):

High Average - CSW (185)
High Game Scratch - Manorcourtman (300) Your 805 scratch does not win an additional award here. image
High Series Scratch - DWSSWS (784)
High Game Handicap - 100Proof1957 (301) Mention of Johnny Petraglia, LT-48s, and Lind shoes does not qualify for an additional award. (Although I approve of all the above) image
Low Game - (Mrs.) Skingspan (30 something)
Low Average - Notlogical (56)
Most Improved - Cherwood (gave up beer - doesn't drink anymore...beer consumption nose-dived in the U.S. shortly thereafter)
Most Not Improved - LeeG image

Image Category
- Peg - (strikes)
- Purple 73 - (Morgan Dollar bowling ball/weight block design
- Desert Rat (bowling link)

Pro-Bowler mentioned
- Snapmore (Earl Anthony)
- Stuart (Earl Anthony)
- Morganhunter2 (Dick Weber Sr.)

Last post (SNIPE)
-DUIGUY

I pulled the winners name out of a hat (actually a Cool Whip container).

NOW FOR THE TOURNAMENT FINALISTS

5TH PLACE - NALAMOLLEY5 - PCGA 1938D BUFFALO NICKEL MS-64 (plus one random 2x2)
4TH PLACE - NEPTUNE - ACG 1913 T2 BUFFALO NICKEL MS-62 (plus one random 2x2)
3RD PLACE - MONSTAVET - PCGS MS64 1950D TONED JEFFERSON NICKEL
2ND PLACE - NANOKRAUT - 1983 US MINT PROOF SET
---
TOURNAMENT CHAMPION!!! - XPIPEDREAMR - TROPHY FOR WINNING IS AN ANACS AU-58 1880-O MONSTER FIRE ORANGE TONED MORGAN DOLLAR!!!!image

(Excuse my crappy photos, I haven't got my camera set-up ready yet but maybe the winners will post them after they receive them)

P.S. I'll save my polished, whizzed POS coins to sell to Chinese Sellers on eBay!!

imageimageimage
imageimage

If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
-----
Proud Owner of
2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I'm in. As for my all time high in bowling... I think it was around 142 or so. I ain't good.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bowler too 279 High game, Congrats a 300 and may you bowl a 300..;image
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    My bowling and golf scores are similar. Is that bad? image Thanks for the chance! image
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    I bowl from time to time. Usually around 180ish.

Also have duckpin bowled. In fact, I have a duckpin ball sitting right here that I "borrowed" from an alley a few years ago.
  • Options
    Allow me in, please. In 1965, at the age of 10, I bowled a 215, still a record I believe. Still have the trophy, too.
  • Options
    Add me to yer hat...Thanks.image As far as bowling? Welp, 25 or more years ago, I picked up a bowling ball for the first time. Three friends and myself were at a frat party at Stockton College and pretty much out of our minds by the 3rd day. We went bowling on that 3rd day. They, of course, were experienced bowlers. Needless to say, my state of mind wasn't all there...I bowled a 170 or so and beat them.image Even made a 7/10 split.image

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    image DUCKPIN!! Where are you from Maryland or something?!!

I think I bowled duckpin once in my life. I was originally from western Massacusetts, so I was brought up on Candlepin and Tenpin.

I'm in Florida now, but I always thought a Duckpin and Candlepin house would do well in a tourist environment!!

Thanks for entering!!image

Terry

-----
    Proud Owner of
  • Options
    count me in, used to bowl in a league, never was any good at it.

jose
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Congrats on your 300th post. The only bowling statement I can make (with an average score of 110-120 I have to reach for one) is that I can bowl with either hand. I'll usually use my right hand for the first shot and my left for the second.

It's not much but it's something. Count me in.

Millertime

• Options
    Put me in the hat too. Thanks
  • Options
    Count me in, congratulations on reaching 300 posts.
    Please download this app to help fight cancer at 0 cost. At no extra cost to you purchases from Amazon and other participating retailers will benefit research!

http://my.affinity.is/cancer-research?referral_code=MjI4Nzgz
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I like Bowling, I SUCK at it, but enjoy a game or two per month.

Heres my sad and pathetic story, I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I went out and purchased a pr of bowling shoes...

But it didn't start there, when I was young, I has a skating date (Yes, that says a skating date as in roller skating) I went and purchased a pair of skates just for that date... Sad isn't it?

There, theres a laugh for ya image
  • Options
    skingspanskingspan Posts: 519 ✭✭
    Count me in on the giveaway.

My wife and I went bowling on one of our first dates. She was not much of a bowler and quite a tiny little thing, we had quite a laugh as she struggled to throw that 8 pound ball down the lane. I don't think her final score broke 30. We married a few years later.

Steve
  • Options
    Congrats on 300!!

I use to bowl league a few years ago. We were out bowling with some friends of ours who hardly ever bowled and after I won the first game, one of the friends that was there challenged me to bowl left-handed so they stood a chance. I still beat him 117 to 114. Needless to say I laughed my posterior off because it was shear luck, and he never wanted to bowl with us again. High game was a 242 and I backed that up nicely with a 167 and a 124. Talk about consistency.

Always looking

MS 1883 Registry Set
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a bit of a germaphobe >>

Germaphobe??!!image

Your country of origin or sexual preference is not a disqualifying factor in this giveaway!! image

-----
    Proud Owner of
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm a bit of a germaphobe >>

Germaphobe??!!image

Your country of origin or sexual preference is not a disqualifying factor in this giveaway!! image >>

Well that is a relief!

• Options

<< <i>My wife and I went bowling on one of our first dates. She was not much of a bowler and quite a tiny little thing, we had quite a laugh as she struggled to throw that 8 pound ball down the lane. I don't think her final score broke 30. We married a few years later. >>

Even though it seems she didn't score well...it appears YOU did!!image

-----
    Proud Owner of
  • Options
    I was in a junior league for the first time last fall. I had a 56 average image My best score was 84 image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    I haven't bowled in years but I never got very good. I have done duckpins a few times at kids partys (yes I am in Maryland) but I can't remember the scores.

Thanks for doing a giveaway!
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    Count me in.

Favorite Bowler: Earl Anthony
    My High Game: 212
    My Avg: 157
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    If I bowl 170 I am jumping for joy image
  • Options
    VetVet Posts: 1,513
    Through my name in the hat. Bowling, havn't done that in years. Don't remember if I was any good or not.
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    Please throw Neptune in the hat.

I used to bowl sometimes, but never was any good at it. I did ok sometimes, but never real good. I think that it's a good way to get out and get some exercise and forget your problems/clear your head/take out frustrations, etc.!! image Congrats on your 300, and hope you get many of those scores in the future as well.

• Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Awsome! Im decent (compared to my friends) average about 130 with a high of 184!
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I bowl very seldom anymore. My wife and I have gone a few times but she better then I am and I hate to lose. Now when she brings up going bowling I just mumble that we have other things to do.
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up! When I lived in Milwaukee long ago (alleged bowling capitol of the USA), I soon learned to embrace the 5 "B's"

Brewers, Bucks, Beer, Bratwurst, and BOWLING!image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
  • Options
    Spiffy469Spiffy469 Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I like your approach to a giveaway image

I'm not much of a bowler. Lucky if I get up near 200 once in a while.

Jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073
    Congrats on 300! image

As for bowling, my specialty is gutterballs. image
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    count me in!!!

back in early 80's entered a qualifying tournament for the Las Vegas Invitational, top three seeds got a shot at the pros. Bowled 784 scratch series and didn't make top 10. Haven't bowled now in almost 25 years.
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you!

btw...I used to bowl...before playing basketball kept spraining my fingers too bad to bowl image

Used to carry only a 160+ average. High game was only 221. But, I don't feel bad......learned it myself and learned it as someone who does not have depth perception.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I like bowling but am not very good at it & I haven't bowled in over a decade!

• Options
    Please pick me.....oh here's an interesting bowling story....I once bowled a series that included these games, in order......135-252-131...........
  • Options
    slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    as Fred Flintstone says "strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrike"
  • Options
    Count me in please!

YC
    Paypal
    Ebay.com

My Coins For Sale
    WANTED Any Canadian coins with rotated die from 1982 to 2005
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I used to bowl with friends in a midnight league and then "Bowling for dollars" , that was the most fun and I always made money at it.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    When much, much younger my best game was 284, but now I am known as "gutter-ball"
    Count me in!
    Eddie
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 300! Years ago when I was in a bowling league, I bowled a
    235 game and two 500+ series games. My handicap at the time was 16. image
  • Options
    count me in thanks
    "You don't need no gypsy to tell you why, you can't let one precious day slip by" G. Allman
  • Options
    Congrats on the 300, please count me in....
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Count me in. Thanks
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    image Happy 300!! Thanks for the chance. Speaking of chance, got half drunk once and bowled a 240 game! I used to always be full drunk and was lucky to break 100! Lee
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad4Morgans: Please count me in and thanks for the giveaway!

My alltime favorite pro bowler was Earl Anthony, who wore a flat top when it was not very fashionable... But boy could he consistently bowl well..

Back when I was bowling in a league, one day it seemed like I could do no worng and bowled my only 600 series ever. It was always tough for me to even bowl a single game over 200, so the 600 series was a great thrill!! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    count me inimage
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
    Count me in!
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    I once once out for the college bowling team. Turns out they were really wanted to win not just have a good time. I only lasted one match.

But, I would like to enter your giveaway.

Thanks

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    congrats on your 300. Please count me in.....no story here.....I haven't bowled in years..
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file