Week 11

Clev-NYJ OVER 40.5
    Oak +4.5
    Wash-Phi Over 40.5
    NWO-DEN over 47.5
    Buf +1.5
    Hou +3
  • Options
    My two favorite picks seem to be popular so I'll play them with everyone else.

Buff +1
    Under 45 Bears/Colts - risk 60 to win 50

Brian
  • Options
    Week 10 & 11 Totals:

iamthegreatcornholio $63
    Wondo ($20)
    xbaggypants ($20)
    kuhlmann ($55)
    KOBEcollector ($165)

Books up $197

****Cumulative totals:

KOBEcollector $380
    iamthegreatcornholio $228
    Wondo $20
    kuhlmann ($49)
    xbaggypants ($50)
    jason045 ($60)

Books down $469

Brian
  • Options
    I'm looking at taking "D" teams on Thanksgiving. Detroit may be my biggest play - here's why. The books lost a ton of $ last week. Road favorites won a ton of games and the public loves that. Who wouldn't bet on Indy the way they've been lighting teams up? I wouldn't - it's gone from -7 to -9.5 when it jumps to Detroit +10 I'll be on that.

I'm also liking the GT ML over UGA it's +650 - I think Tech has a shot, and I might lay $77 to win $500.

Brian
  • Options
    Cowboys ML: $170 on -170 to make $100.

Brian
  • Options
    Plays for contest and real life.

$55 on Texas Tech -4 over OkSt to make $50
    $52.50 on GaTech +7.5 over UGA 1st Half to make $50
    $125 on GaTech +800 ML over UGA to make a dime
    Leaning toward taking ND +24.5 over USC.

Brian

editted to step up GaTech bet

I've been looking for signs pointing to GaTech beating UGA in the past week. I called UGA losing ATS and GaTech winning ATS in men's hoops last night. Also in NCAA 2004 for Xbox. I've never beaten UGA with GaTech on the hardest setting. Last night I won 12-0 with the biggest play a PJ Daniels 86yd TD run.

Ever since I knew I was going to GaTech (senior year of HS), GaTech hasn't beaten UGA. I'm graduating GaTech this spring after going to GaTech for three years, they've got to win this one.

GaTech's defense must stop the run - they are 5-0 when they hold opponents for less than 100 yds and 1-3 when they do not. GaTech has played awesome on the road, but GaTech has more giveaway's than takeaways and UGA has the opposite. I look for Tech to stay conservative on offense so they'll have trouble moving the ball against UGA's good defense. I look for several big plays.

Play #1 - Daniels is questionable, but he'll come in late in the first quarter. UGA's secondary bites on the PA to Daniels and Ball hits Curry for an 81 yd TD pass. Curry in the only player on the team who has beaten UGA

Play #2 - GaTech's punt returns have gotten better. UGA's punter is very good, but in this case he'll outkick the coverage and GaTech will make them pay - 78 yd punt return for a TD.

Play #3 - Turnover's - GaTech's front four have improved and they'll force a UGA fumble to set up the offense on the short field.

GaTech is up 24-16 with a few minutes left. UGA scores a late TD on blown coverage, but the 2 pt conversion fails and GaTech wins 24-22.

• Options
    Tough loss to UGA - all I can say is "wait 'till next year!" UGA looked bad without Greene and without Pollack, their defense will weaken

Adding 55 on USC -14 2nd half over ND. Momentum really shifted towards USC's side in the 2nd quarter and USC will feel it necessary to score as many as possible considering Oklahoma and Auburn are breathing down their necks in the AP polls.

Brian
  • Options
    First Half Lines:

KC -0.5
    Minn -3.0

Brian
  • Options
    No one else is making picks this week?

I'll bite on OVER 41 Den/Oak

Brian
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I TOOK WEEK OFF TO MUCH TURKEY. ILL START UP AGAIN NEXT WEEK.
  • Options
    Week 12 Totals:

iamthegreatcornholio $68

Books down $68

****Cumulative totals:

KOBEcollector $380
    iamthegreatcornholio $296
    Wondo $20
    kuhlmann ($49)
    xbaggypants ($50)
    jason045 ($60)

Books down $537

Brian
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Week 30 contest picks:

Colts -11 vs. Titans
    Bills -3 1/2 @ Miami (remember, never bet against a home dog) image
    Under 47 in Packers/Eagles

I took Sixers tonight for real at + 10 1/2
    Wondo

• Options
    Seattle -6 2nd half over the girls

And no I haven't been hiding after the Falcons loss, I've been studying for finals, 3 down 2 more to go - Nuclear Reactor Physics at 8am tomorrow...

Brian
  • Options
    Boys +6 2nd half 50$ on it! different team with a real running back!
  • Options
    Arrrggg.... a sign I should get back to studying...
  • Options
    Nice comeback kuhlmann, but they should have looked at the Keyshawn TD - he looked out-of-bounds.

Brian
  • Options
    BRIAN HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS AND NOT SO SURE WE DIDNT TOUCH BALL BEFORE 10 YARDS ON ONSIDE KICK. BUT JUSTICE FOR THE RICE PUSHOFF ON THE OPENING DRIVE FOR SEAHAWKS! 5-7 AND STILL IN IT! NOW THAT IS PATHETIC
  • Options
    I agree, the NFC is very weak this year. Only two teams are in the playoffs, and so many have a shot. I hear ya on the pushoff, but I wasn't watching the whole thing. I also took Seattle pk'em for the 4th Q so that was +12 on the game so I broke even.

Brian

edit to add - yippee 1000th post
  • Options
    Week 14 picks:

Steelers -6 vs. Jets
    Dolphins +11 1/2 vs. Broncos
    Eagles -10 vs. Redskins
    Wondo

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    WEEK 14 PICKS

TB +5.5
    NWO +7.5
    OAK +7.5
    NYJ +6
    CHI +7
    MIA +12

MIN OVER 50.5
    IND OVER 57
    OAK OVER 46

• Options
    Week 15 contest picks:

Giants +10 vs. Steelers
    Cowboys +13 vs. Eagles
    Redskins -5 1/2 vs. 49ers
    Wondo

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    SEA +6
    WASH -5.5
    CAR +3.5
    TEN-OAK OVER 47.5
    HOU-CHI UNDER 36
    WASH-SF UNDER 41
  • Options
    I've been out of town and I'll figure out the totals later this week.

I don't have plays for this week, but I'll take Philly -7 2nd half over Dallas.

Brian
  • Options
    BRAIN ILL TAKE THE COLTS -7 AND THE UNDER 50! 50$ ON EACH
  • Options
    Sounds good kuhlmann. I've been in a slump - I've lost Falcons -1 1st half by 1 point, Falcons -3.5 by 0.5 points, and Eagles -6 by 1 point. Three bets lost by less than 3 points...

I'm leaning towards Ravens +8 tonight, but that's probably a good sign for your Colts bet...

Brian
  • Options
    Sorry for not keeping this stuff up to date. I did take Ravens +8, but couldn't post it in time. I also took Ravens -3 4th Q, and I owe Dungy a Christmas card for not punching that in. Whew...

Week 13-15 Totals:

Wondo $240
    Kuhlmann $150
    iamthegreatcornholio ($110)
    xbaggypants ($195)

Books down $85

Great going Wondo!

****Cumulative totals:

KOBEcollector $380
    Wondo $260
    iamthegreatcornholio $186
    kuhlmann $101
    jason045 ($60)
    xbaggypants ($245)

Books down $622

Brian
  • Options
    Bowl time...

I'll take GaTech -3 1st half over 'Cuse.

Brian
  • Options
    Boy was that 3rd GT TD bittersweet. One of my predicted "big plays" GT needed to beat UGA was "UGA's secondary bites on the PA to Daniels and Ball hits Curry for an 81 yd TD pass." GT never did PA to Curry deep and go figure they lost by 6 to the hated bulldogs - they try that here and an 80 yd TD is the result.

Brian
  • Options
    Vikings ML: -170: risk 85 to win 50

Brian
  • Options
    Week 16 contest picks:

Packer + 3 1/2 vs. Vikings
    Chiefs - 8 1/2 vs. Raiders
    Eagles + 3 vs. Rams
    Wondo

• Options
    Is anyone looking at the Sun night game? Two crap teams - I'm leaning towards brownies +9, they suck, but the Dolphins shouldn't be giving anyone 9 points...

Brian
  • Options
    Brian im killing the books today. took pats cowboys panthers all for 100$ each.

tonite i dont know what to do. kind of like the under 41.
  • Options
    Kuhlmann,

I liked Dallas as well, but didn't play them. With all the history of the Dallas/Wash matchups going mostly to Dallas, I couldn't figure out how the hell Dallas was an underdog in Dallas! My only big play was Colts -7 2nd half, which won in OT. I also played a little on under 42 Pats/Jets.

I hate week 17, but I'm leaning towards taking Denver, Buffalo, and SD all minus whatever. Before today it was -3, -4.5, and -3 respectively.

Tonight I picked "field" at 5-1 to score the first TD. I have no clue who most of these losers are so I will have to lookup to see if I won...

Brian
  • Options
    Miami -4 2nd half to hedge Cle +9. C'mon Miami win by 5-8 points.

Brian
  • Options
    McNabb and Westbrook are only playing a few series. Although I don't expect Philly to roll over as their defense is still great, they won't be able to maintain drives without these guys. I'm taking Rams -3 before it goes up. Under 45 looks good, but I'd rather take Rams -3.

Brian
  • Options
    im with you im on rams -4 now. hope i win im just beting to bet tonite dont like the game at all. 25$
  • Options
    2nd half line was set at Rams -3 -110 then a few minutes later exploded to Rams -4 -120. It looks like Philly keeps their starters on the sideline.

Brian
  • Options
    Week 16 Totals:

Kuhlmann $25
    iamthegreatcornholio $10
    Wondo ($60)

Books up $25

****Cumulative totals:

KOBEcollector $380
    Wondo $200
    iamthegreatcornholio $196
    kuhlmann $126
    jason045 ($60)
    xbaggypants ($245)

Books down $597

Brian
  • Options
    Everything looks odd for the week 17 lines. The books reflect Indy will blow off their game as they went from a 3 to 9 point underdoggie. Will Manning play? If not, I find it ironic that last year in week 17 Denver laid down and helped someone get in the playoffs and this year someone may lay down for them giving them a playoff berth. What goes around comes around!

Anyway, I'm going to wait and see which teams care and which don't. I think it'd be foolish for the Falcons to play Vick much as there's a good chance the Falcons will play the 'Hawks in the playoffs. The Falcons have shown that they're better the first time they face an opponent.

As far as bowls go, I'm taking it slowly. I came close to taking UVA along with the rest of thw world today, and I'm glad I didn't.

I am taking the OreSt ML -170: risk 85 to win 50.

Brian
  • Options
    Ohio State +4 (bought 1/2 point) risk 30 to win 25

Brian
  • Options
    Damn, Ohio State was easy money.

UNC will be very motivated and the big east blows so I'll take UNC -125 ML risk 62.50 to win 50.

As far as future bowl games go, I am leaning towards the Miami ML currently at -155 - too much pride to lose this game and Northern Illinois +3 - the MAC has to win one of their crappy bowl games. Nothing final on these yet.

Against better judgement, I'm taking a prop - whoever scores the most points on Thurs & Friday. Louisville is a huge favorite and will probably win, but I'm taking Cal at 6-1 odds for $15. And for the dumbest bet ever, I am taking the Atlanta Hawks at 3000-1 to win the Eastern Conference and 2500-1 to win the South East Division. $5 on each. Heh.

Brian
  • Options
    Holiday Bowl - My gut feeling is that Cal wins this game depite trailing by double digits at halftime. Cal is a second half team, and every call seems to be going Cal's way. That coupled with bowl history, I'm taking Cal -6.5 2nd half (+3.5 for the game) - risk 55 to win 50.

Brian
  • Options
    So much for comebacks in the Holiday Bowl. Just imagine if Cal played Texas - who hammered TT!

Miami ML -160: risk 80 to win 50.

Oklahoma +3 -115 risk 115 to win 100.

Brian
  • Options
    Week 17 contest:

49ers + 14 vs. Pats
    Steelers + 10 vs. Bills
    Rams + 3 vs. Jets
    Wondo

• Options
    I like that 49ers play Wondo.

I had the Criminoles -4 2nd half but couldn't post it in time, I'll take Texas -4 for the 2nd half and NYG -2.5 over Dallas.

I'm leaning towards the Utes -14 over Pitt, but I'm still unsure.

Brian
  • Options
    Screw it - I got cold feet so I'll take Michigan +4.5 and eat the juice unless Texas wins by exactly 4.

Also I'll take Minn -1.5 1st half over Wash tomorrow.

Brian
  • Options
    Alright back on the wagon - Texas -0.5 4th Q - that's +9.5 in the game.

Utes -14 over Pitt.

Brian
  • Options
    im pounding raiders -1 jets -3 over 34 in bills game 50 on each$
  • Options
    zsz70zsz70 Posts: 541
    Kuhlman,

I took the over on Pitt-Buff when it
    was at 32.5 Sunday afternoon.

What a steal.
  • Options
    Good job Wondo - Pitt didn't even need the 10.

Brian