Home Sports Talk
Options

The official record keeping thread for the spread contest

Comments

• Options
    Nice call on the Sunday night game. I still maintain the int "returned" for a td was bs - he looked down by contact.

Phins fans can relax since I like Jets-7 tonight.

Brian
  • Options
    Took miami +7 tonight
  • Options
    Thanks cornholio

I agree on that call
  • Options
    Do you have any NBA insight? I'm more interested in college, but I think most NBA teams win their home opener.
  • Options
    Not sure what the line is but the Wizards are without many of their players due to the suspension and injuries. They're at Memphis and i expect the Grizzlies to destroy them. The Wizards will have a tough time dressing 8 guys
  • Options
    It's Grizzlies -11.5, which is the 2nd biggest opening game spread, but for a good reason. I might wait to take the first half line (6.5 - 7 I'm guessing).

I'll have the totals from this week up in a few days.

I threw up $20 each on 5 teams to win the college hoops champ. I like Wake (15-1), GaTech (22-1), UNC (14-1), 'Cuse (20-1), and OkSt (25-1). I believe all of these have shifted to lower odds though. And yes, I'm very biased towards the ACC.

Brian
  • Options
    Dropped $50 to win a $100 on the Sixers winning their division
  • Options
    The Griz are now favored by 13 tonight

I jumped on it while it was 11.5 so hopefully it pays off.
  • Options
    Have the Sixers getting +3 tonight
  • Options
    Looks good KOBEcollector. So far the "system" that I've looked at is the home team ats and under. Yesterday that went 6-0 - too bad I didn't play any image

Brian
  • Options
    My sixer bet looked great early on when they were up 14 but not so well now lol

Hopefully the Grizz will come thru for me
  • Options
    Well i won the Sixer game but boy was i soooooo wrong about the Wiz/Grizz game lol

I guess thats why they play the games right
  • Options
    You can say that again. Grizz covered the first quarter and first half and then all hell must have broken loose. Wash ML was around +650 I think.

Brian
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Im taking wizards -4 tonite. in my opionion which aint worth a sh$t! this is a gift bet for the season. wizards against a team that hasnt played a game yet. arenas is back for wizards tonite. this one could be 15+ win for wizards.
  • Options
    adding louiville -14 also in football.
  • Options
    Kuhlman, i think i might jump on that Wiz game myself. Good luck !
  • Options
    GL fellas - I came close to taking the ML +165 on the Bobcats since I always like home teams. I didn't so now I'll cheer for Wash for piece of mind. image

Brian
  • Options
    mayday mayday! louisville going down! washington in nail bitter! no more nba for me until 3 weeks in if this doesnt hit.
  • Options
    kobe hope you jumped on it bro! man i was sweating it out. wizards took over last 4 minutes.

thinking of taking twolves +1.5
  • Options
    Hey Kuhl, nice call bro ! ! Sorry about the Louisville game

I was sweating the Wiz game out myself lol. I also threw money on the halftime line which was wiz -1 so i won with both

I also took the over ( 180 ) in the Heat / Cav game . Looking good so far
  • Options
    I think I'll take -7 even 2nd half UL. UL's endurance should become a factor in the 2nd half.

Brian
  • Options
    Wow i didn't realize there was that much time left in the UL game. Kuhl, you stillhave a good chance
  • Options
    the site i bet through is down! how convient! i want to bet the twolves and it just loads for ever. i need a new site! this always happens when a game is one sided.
  • Options
    Could be a blessing in disguise the sites down

Well i lost the over on the Heat / Cav game by 4 pts . Cavs couldn't throw it in the Atlantic in the 2nd half

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the site i bet through is down! how convient! i want to bet the twolves and it just loads for ever. i need a new site! this always happens when a game is one sided. >>

Kuhlmann,

I use Bodog.com.
    Wondo

• Options
    Week 9 picks:

Colorado State +27 vs. Utah
    Eagles PK vs. Steelers
    Bills / Jets over 36 1/2
    Wondo

• Options
    bodog thanks ill check it out.

spurs -3.5
    hawks +11
    houston rockets to win

north texas -3 in college!
  • Options
    After losing 2 of 3 last night i've rebounded a bit tonight

so far i've won on the
    under on the Celt/Knick game
    Kings +2.5 over the Rockets

I still have the Warriors getting 2.5 against the Clips tonight
  • Options
    Wow the Kings were killing them in the 3rd. I just realized it's a game again . Uh Oh lol
  • Options
    Well i guess it won't be a good night after all lol

Kings lost and the warriors are getting blown out

Bring on the NFL !
  • Options
    I’m superstitious as I’ll never admit winning until it’s over. I’ve been on the right side and wrong side of some of the huge comebacks of the past year.

I made a few picks today and did alright – Taking TX and OU in their 2nd half helped although I didn’t get to see any of the games. I’m pissed for not taking the Bobcats +225 today – I had a strong feeling they’d win SU.

Here are my NFL picks for tomorrow:

Denver –6.5 – Houston will have a tough time scoring on this defense. Denver looked silly last week against my Falcons, but they’ll bounce back.

Ravens –5.5 – I see a big revenge factor, and Lewis will be back and ready to carry the ball for a ton of yards.

Brian
  • Options
    stupid prop bet tonite but im trying it 10$ wins 410$ if a safty is the first score!
  • Options
    kuhlmann, although the bet is crazy, that's actually really good odds. I'm seeing 60-1 Brown's safety and 45-1 Raven's safety so if you got those combined for 41-1 you made a good bet, but I doubt it'll win.

I'm 1-0 so far - I'm making fewer picks but putting more $$ on them - so far so good.

Brian
  • Options
    I have had a horrible day so far . Im watching the kids so i'll post which games i've lost later

Put up 30 tonight to win 26 that Kobe scores 30 or over . Probablly lose that one too lol
  • Options
    well 10$ i just threw away image
  • Options
    Alright fellas, sorry to hear about the bad day. I heard several “professionals” say that the NFL is going to be a “bookie” year this year meaning that people will lose (more than normal) evidently, last year was a “bettor” year. Also college football THIS year is a so-called “bettor” year. I’ve been playing more college and my NFL plays are limited. Using my new system, I’m 2-0 this week.

Here are week 8 & 9 totals. I’ve gotten lazy and grouped them together. Also I’m having a tough time differentiating your “contest” plays from your real life plays. I really enjoy hearing your plays in both. Could you guys please try to label any posted plays as “contest”, “real-life” or “both”? I’d make this easier. Most of my plays are both image

Week 8 & 9 totals:

xbaggypants $145
    kuhlmann $121
    Wondo $90
    iamthegreatcornholio ($25)
    KOBEcollector ($75)

Books down $255

****Cumulative totals:

KOBEcollector $545
    iamthegreatcornholio $165
    Wondo $40
    jason045 ($60)
    kuhlmann $6
    xbaggypants ($30)

Books down $666 <---------- image <----------image

We’re sticking it to those SOB’s – Let’s keep it up guys!

Brian image
  • Options
    Not sure where these should be posted, but here goes:

NY Jets PK vs. Ravens
    Steelers -4 1/2 vs. Browns
    Pack -4 vs Vikes

edited to say: Week 10 contest picks
    Wondo

• Options
    2-2 so far but I forgot to post them. I like Wyoming +23 on the game and +13 1st half. It'll be snowing with high winds so under 62 might also be a play.

Brian
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    WEEK 10

SEA +1.5
    ARI +2.5
    PHI -6.5
  • Options
    Well 1-1 in the Wyoming/Utah game - I shoulda been 0-2 but Wyoming scored 14 in the final 48 seconds.

I like two plays tomorrow

Sea+1.5
    'aints ML +160 (risk $55 to make $88)

Brian

• Options
    I love the skins -3 tomorow! As much as i hate to say it, Gibbs will get these guys to 4-5 and headed in right direction! easy win for skins at home pound it with the under 37.5!
  • Options
    Giants -1
    Jets -1
    Rams / Seahawks over 50.5
  • Options
    1-1 on the day, but the Aints ML was +155 so I'm up a little. Kuhlmann, I might take the RS 2nd half.

Brian
  • Options
    guys check this out. it might come in as a broken link but the video will pop up. funny as heck!

ohh yeah what the heck am i doing betting on the redskins? they are really bad!

fishing
  • Options
    Funny link kuhlmann.

Alright, I'm a stubborn idiot - I'm taking Wash -3.5 2nd half.

Brian
  • Options
    Pats/Bills

I think the Bills start off strong, but lose - another close win at Foxboro for the Pats. I've been leaning towards taking them +7, but I am not instead I'm taking this - First scoring play of the game Bills TD pass 6-1 --- risk $25 to win $150. GL guys!

Brian

• Options
    Being a stubborn idiot already worked once by taking Wash 2nd half so I'll keep being stubborn - I'm taking Buff pk 2nd half so that's now Buff +20 on the game.

Brian
  • Options
    1-1 on 2nd half lines. I pounded the $hit out of the Philly ML but didn't post it - I'll add up the totals later this week.

Brian
  • Options
    Week 11 contest picks:

Penn State +4 vs. Michigan State
    Wisconsin +3 vs. Iowa
    Miami -19 vs. Wake Forest
    Colts -8 vs. Bears
    Eagles/Redskins over 38 1/2
    Wondo

• Options
    I have a gut feeling on PSU winning SU so I'm taking the ML @ +140. GL guys!

Brian