1864 2c Extra Fine
    1865 2c Very Fine
    1866 2c Very Fine
    1867 2c Very Good
    1868 2c Very Fine
    1869 2c Very Fine
    1870 2c Fine
    1871 2c Very Good

Now, all I need is the 1872 and the 1873 for a complete set! I'm so happy! I've wanted a complete set since I was a kid!
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1960-D PCGS MS65 25c
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    In the mail today I got a PCGS AU-58 1862 Seated Liberty Half and an AU-50 1916-D cent (which was one of the last coins I didn't have in my early Lincoln collection for some weird reason).
  • Options
    InditonkaInditonka Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a 1928-S Peace $, PCGS-MS63
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Got a nice 1958 sovereign in the mail from Aethelred.
    CC I'd like to see a pic of that 1794 token
  • Options
    I know I have some in my P.O. box but I couldn't get to the post office today. I hate that!image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect thread for me to chime about what I picked up today. I am not normally a gold buyer, but today I picked up the most amazing 1889 Gold$. First I stopped by one of the local shops in the northern part of the state today to see what was new. Just prior to my arrival, an elderly woman came in with 4 PCGS slabbed coins and an old invoice from a larger national coin firm indicating what her recently decesed husband had paid for them back a few years. She apparently had come to try and sell them which the dealer of course bought, but only at current market prices though. After she left, the dealer showed me the invoice total for the 4 coins that her husband had purchased years ago and at what prices. They were astronomical. I looked at the date and saw why. Invoice was dated December 10, 1989. (Market High with a capital H)The coins were as follows:

1914 Barber Dime PCGS-65
    1936-d Texas Commem PCGS-66
    1889 Gold$ PCGS-64
    1932 GoldEagle PCGS-64

Total invoice price was 13,765.00, She was totally shocked to find out todays value, as the dealer paid her 15% back of current Bid.

The good news was that these coins were all in Old PCGS rattlers and most very nice for the grade, and had not been on the market for 14 +years, so I looked for potential upgrade candadites. The 1889 gold $ was simply amazing and looked like a solid PQ65 IMO. So even though I buy very little gold, I went ahead and purchased it anyway. What the heII . I almost bought the texas commem too as it was very nice, but I am not familiar at all with those commem's so I passed. The 32 Eagle was nice, but would not make 65 due to some significant hits on the reverse eagle. The barber dime was probably a 66, as it was as clean(mark free and lusterous) as any I have seen, but the toning was not the most attractive so I passed on it as well.

Anyway, I think I am going to try and submit the 89 under regrade and see what happens before I eventually sell it.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know I have some in my P.O. box but I couldn't get to the post office today. I hate that! >>

Where I work, all coin people are allowed to leave and hit the post office whenever necessary.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Im still waiting for a Civil War token, it's in the mail somewhere.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    I just got this PCGS 66fs 1944-S nickel from Clackamas. Strong luster and light gold toning with some tan color. I had been searching for a nice example of this date for some time. I'm very happy with it.

imageimage
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I picked up this 63 PCGS PR68CAM franklin a couple of days ago- it's very yummy with nice rim toning......

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Good for evrybody image but me... no coins today...image
  • Options
    shoot, I was looking at this thread wishing I had something to post, and it dawned on my that I struck a deal with Whitlow this morning:

PCGS 1945-D MS66FB

imageimage
  • Options
    Beauuuuuuutifuuuuuul ChuckC!!!!image
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I got a 1974 Proof set - that was hazed up image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS 1945-D MS66FB >>

Damn, that one is sweet!
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got this one in from Rick Kay. Thanks Rick.image The coin is not as dark as the image and the toning is spectacular but difficult to capture.

• Options
    94-P $1 PCGS XF40
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I put a beautiful 09-S VDB 65BN on layaway today. It has a ton of red left, but just wouldn't qualify for RB. Definately not a smooth chocolate brown as most browns look.

I had the chance to buy the top pop (1/0) 41-S Mercury dime MS68. Very sweet coin. I couldn't pull the trigger after the 09-S VDB.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I got a rock image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None today but lots on the way in the future.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 1922 and 1926 mid grade MS Peace Dollars (PCGS and NGC respectively). Since they arrived in the mail this afternoon they have been freed from their plastic coffins and placed in their Dansco thrones image
  • Options
    I got this today. What do you think it will grade?
  • Options
    xf40
  • Options
    actually a 45 in an anacs holder. The pic is not the greatest but there is alot of detail on this coin, and I hope ncs can get it into a 50 holder
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RYK,

Nice coin. Please photo it and show us all the actual!

Jim
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    This is another shot of Boiler's new Morgan Dime:
    imageimage
  • Options
    RYK, excellent coin. Is that for your collection or are you selling it?
  • Options
    I finished the day with a pocket full of change. That always means that I spent alot of money. At least it was well spent. I took the grandchildren shopping.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options
    RYK, That is one beautiful Coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RKK, I wish I could afford that beautiful coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to see a pic of that 1794 token >>

Link
  • Options
    phut...

CC I'd like to see a pic of that 1794 token

imageimage
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    That morgan dime looks awesome!! What's the population on that pattern??
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks CCU and Gemini,

The coin is on its way to my home and will be placed in the Three Rivers Collection. It is a PCGS Proof-64 Cam 1860 Gold $1. I have wanted a proof gold coin minted before the Civil War, and this opportunity came up (at an inopportune time image ). It seems like pretty good value when a proof quarter from the same era and nearly the same grade costs nearly as much.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got this today:

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is another shot of Boiler's new Morgan Dime:
    imageimage >>

I thought she looked familiar image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

Today's my Birthday so I bought this for myself. I was looking for a nice IHC but couldn't find one for the right price.

• Options

<< <i>I just got this PCGS 66fs 1944-S nickel from Clackamas. Strong luster and light gold toning with some tan color. I had been searching for a nice example of this date for some time. I'm very happy with it.

imageimage >>

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you enjoy it. As for me no coins today and I am bummed out. I was waiting for a buch of rolls from 1968. Dang they should have been here.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this.

One down, four to go. Now all I need are the 1801, 1803, 1805, and 1812, and my date set of large cents on the back of the Holey Coin Vest will be complete from 1800 up (excluding the 1804, for obvious reasons).

And I've already gone into the 1700's with that set...I just won this tonight.

And I've had this one a while...

And I bought a 1798/7 at the FUN show, so that only leaves a few. I won't need the Chain cent if I get a 1793 Wreath, but even holed and slick, that won't be too cheap. And the 1799 might be quite difficult.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Ok, they came yesterday.image
  • Options
    mtnmanmtnman Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I got a 1937-D Oregon in PCGS MS66 in the mail today. Beautiful gold toning. I think this is my
    favorite comm of all.
  • Options
    I got these in yesterdayimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got these in yesterdayimage

Cameron Kiefer >>

I got 4 unlisted sample slabs!!!

• Options
    Maybe the box is all samplesimage Maybe I am dreamingimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe the box is all samplesimage Maybe I am dreamingimage

Cameron Kiefer >>

• Options
    That is not a sample. Thats a promotional slab.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1972-D PCGS MS67 Kennedy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file