Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Two more MONSTER Heritage Retail Breaks

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    CW

Man thats great, 22 bucks for 11 packs of heritage! I used to thing the seat cards wern't that great
    but actually a lot of people put those sets together so those are good pulls. Let us know if you have
    a hard time figuring out the sp's as some of them are hard to spot.

In past years the checklists were of thinner stock and were one per pack, this year they are
    rarer and double as pack searcher deterents (even though they don't work). I have opened
    up 3 hobby boxes and got just 4 checklists out of each box. The retails are coming out more
    so you don't have to worry about finding them. I do stick a set of unmarked ones with my
    set. Kudos to topps for actually giving us a checklist of the chromes this year. Last year
    they didn't.

Mike...I still jump whenever I see a box of 92 UD....I would LOVE to pull a Teddy Ballgame autograph.
    You know its funny, if a company printed up 2500 autos of one guy it would be mass over-
    production, but those Williams are hard to pull! Thats one of my dream cards.

Kevin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin
    If you ever come to San Antonio, I will embarassed to show you the BOAT-LOAD of 92UD I have in the closet collecting dust - and me too - NO teddy ballgame.
    Now here's the major question of the night: WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH ALL THE BUBBLE GUM!!!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I think there should be a contest to see how many you can fit in your mouth. You'd have to take a pic of course for proof.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Joe,

Funny you ask if the auto is available for trade. I originally bought these boxes with the intent of selling off the key cards and keeping the Royals. Now, the Sweeney jersey card and the KC Athletics Auto card have thrown a wrench in my plan. I'll probably end up keeping it just because I collect KC stuff, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.
  • Options
    Knop...Im glad that you were able to pull Royals stuff. Ill let you know if I pull any others. I think
    this is probably the first year that a Royals player has made the auto set. You will have to wait
    until 2025 Heritage for a shot at a Brett auto...LOL

There was a guy back in 2001 who was offering to buy the gum for some experiment he was doing. I
    told him I had over 500 pieces and he never emailed me back! LOL I usually leave the gum at the
    card shop, but with the retail I just chew it slowly or throw it away.

OK..everyone get out your Nomar hertiage cards. Can someone tell me why that card is different
    than all the rest?

Kevin
  • Options
    OK..everyone get out your Nomar hertiage cards. Can someone tell me why that card is different

I think that is the only question I got right on your quiz.

Steve
  • Options
    I am still looking for my favorite player...
    Barry Bonds. I guess I may have to trade for him
    rather than try to buy enough packs to find
    one if his cards....

imageimage
  • Options
    Jeff,

I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but Barry was left out of the set.

Steve
  • Options
    yeah, the Bonds card was always a nice card in the beckett sets...I think he was a short print
    every year up until now....at 20 bucks a pop a key card in the sets. Too bad he didn't want to
    be part of this. Oh well.

Kevin
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    OK, you guys win. I'm buying a couple of boxes. There's 4 Targets around here so I should be able to find something somewhere. These are the SEALED 29.99 boxes I'm looking for, correct?s
  • Options
    yes they sell for 29.99 and make sure they are TOPPS heritage and not BOWMAN heritage. Good Luck
    and I hope you find some!

Kevin
  • Options
    What exactly are doubleheaders?
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i like the Topps Heritage Chromes because of the "THC" prefix on their card #'s.. it goes with my icon..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    purelyPSA

<< <i>What exactly are doubleheaders? >>

Their a subset reminiscent of the original Topps doubleheaders of 55 that are 21/16x47/8" that have two players in one card and can be found 1 per hobby box.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Ok you Heritage collectors , this thread peaked my interest in finding out what all the excitement was about this set ! Me and my wife went to Miejer - they did not have any of the $29.99 box'es , just the 24 pack box'es for $72.00 ( just one box ) and they had two opened box'es at the front registers.....I pulled out three packs..........went to Target.........same thing , bought one pack ! These are the first packs of cards I've bought since 1999......anyway here are my results............no single prints.......no star cards ( did get a Brian Giles ) , one Pat Burrell and this brings me up to the two cards I'm not sure what I have are ? Yadier Molina......card # THC99 WITH SERIAL # 1723/1955 and a Bob Kline Auto - Washington Nationals - #RO-BK WHICH HAS A SILVER square on the back with a serial number on it ! Reading the back pack odds ......I can not determine what I.ve got ...........hope someone can fill me in ........also do you guys think it would be worth it to buy the sealed 24 pack box at Meijer ? Would appreciate any info you guys can come up with ............it was fun opening them up !..........Dave "Robby' Robinson
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Bobby

You are now the luckiest heritage buster on the board! The auto odds are one in every 230 packs..you
    pull one in 4 packs! Amazing! The Molina is also a rookie and a good pull. Does the Burrell have the
    old logo on the front? LMK if the auto is for trade.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Kevin ,........... I think the Burrell card is the SP LOGO ......HAS a yellow diamond with the red phillies cap in the center ? I didn't get any other Phillies cards to compare it to , so Im not sure ? Not sure what I'm going to do with the Kline auto yet ! The funny thing about the pack with the auto , was that one end was opened , like it did'nt seal properly , and my first thought was , oh great , somebody searched it and put it back in the box ! The box was full and I pulled three packs out of the middle of the box ! Didn't look at them until I got home ! Thanks for the info !..........Robby
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Robby
    You are a LUUUUcky man! Great pull.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I opened up a box yesterday. I wouldn't mind putting together the entire basic set w/ SP's, but at the same time i don't want to go out and buy another box.
    If any of you guys got doubles to sell LMK.
    Thanks
    Ben

Bluespokescardsfan@cox.net

• Options
    Robby

Funny, a pack searcher probably felt something but when he opened it in the store and didn't see
    any white cards (GU), he put it back...40 dollar mistake on his part! Congrats!

Ben

I probably can put together a non-sp set for you, for a little less than whatever they are going for
    on ebay. LMK

Kevin
  • Options
    So now I can't find boxes anywhere. I did find a few packs today. There were 8 packs left in a 24-pack box at one Target. I picked two (almost at random) and left the rest, figuring they'd already been picked over.

Pack 1: 1 SP
    Pack 2: Cliff Floyd, black refractor, 13/55

Oh, sweet irony - I can't even pull all the CHECKLISTS, but I pull a black refractor? Gads, I love this set. image

I think I'm going to post the Floyd over on the B/S/T board - try and get some of the other cards I need for the set...

I really had forgotten how much fun it is, to open packs. It's like being twelve again, only without the social awkwardness, acne, and bad haircuts from my mom.

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    Morrie...man I am over 200 packs into this and have yet to pull a black refractor! Nice pulls, hopefully
    Kmart is a little slow and will get in a bunch of these as the do every year. Keep checking

Kevin
  • Options
    Morrie
    I may have to rethink my position on the loose packs - there's a box and a half at the Walmart down the road! Been there all week. You have inspired me with your "packability" - good luck that is.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Went to the Target on the north side of town today and found 1 sealed retail box. Not as nice as my boxes from yesterday, I got "only" 10 SPs, 2 1955 chromes, and a couple inserts. No blacks and no Musial auto, lloyddoggett! Tomorrow morning I shall hit the local Wally World, ToysRUs, and the first Target (I should ask the mgr if they have anymore). A couple more boxes and I may get down to actually building the set.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    OK fellas, now look what you've done. I bought 9 boxes. Only two of them were overflowing with SP's, the other seven had 9 or 10 apiece. Here's the pull:

112 SP's
    8 Retrofractors
    12 Chrome
    4 Then & Now
    8 Flashback
    6 New Age

and, jerseys of Sheff and Chavez. I bought them a) for fun and b) to see if I can make a buck or two. The former has been accomplished, now let's see how the latter goes. They're on eBay right now.
  • Options
    wow you spent roughly 270 bucks and pulled enough cards to get you a master set which sells
    for over 400 bucks on ebay and that doesn't even include the chromes you could make money on.
    How close are you to a master set? I bet you could recoup your money on just the 112 SP's!

Amazing...where did you find 9 boxes?

Kevin
  • Options
    man you are probably closer than this guy to a master set and look what he got!

21 cards short

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin
    That's great to see on ebay - but from our point of view - take off your ebay hats - if you buy the set like that almost ready to drive out of the showroom - don't you MISS something?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    289 bucks with tax, to be exact. 90 different SP's. So I don't know how many that leaves.

Also, collation for the regular set sucks. I'm only at about 75-80% done with it! I was kicking around filling in the last few SPs and getting the other inserts together but since I needed so many cards from the regular set and I figured it'd be a pain in the butt to do it, so I figured I'd blow them out. I set reasonable BINs on my lots, so if they come in on or near the BIN I'll likely make 100 bucks or so. Not bad for a fun day. And if it works I might get some more. I live in Omaha and there's 5 Targets and 4 WalMarts around here, and they're all clumped together, so I hit a few. We'll see what happens. I was happier than a pig in **** opening them.
  • Options
    What a dummy I am! I mislabeled my Chromes and BIN'd them for 8 bucks less than I meant to. Oh well. I was thinking I had only 8 of them and not 12.
  • Options
    purelyPSA
    Last time I had this much excitement over a set was in 95 with Bowman and their rookie mix - also, in 92 chasing fleer rookie sensations and UD homerun heroes! The excitement won't last forever - but until then - it's good times!
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    sp set is 110 by my calculations, that puts you only 20 cards short...heck thats not bad at all! Someone
    would pay good money for that...think about it.....90 short prints is 7 hobby boxes...those cost
    around 80 bucks now if you can find them that cheap...thats 560 bucks and whats the chance
    of perfect 90/90 coallation?

Funny that it is actually the non-sp's that you need. If you ever decide to put a set together for
    yourself or to turn a profit let us know, I would be happy to send you whatever I had. The ineset
    set (part of a master set), is perhaps the hardest to put together, I have 3 of one guy and none of the
    other..that 15 card new age set is a beast every year! Best to get together with board guys here
    and swap.

Good Luck
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Also, collation for the regular set sucks. >>

Can I get an "Amen!"? So far I've busted enough packs to get one black refractor (Floyd), one Jersey (Berkman), one auto (Killebrew), one refractor (Ballouli), and a slew of the other inserts including probably 10-12 "normal" chromes, 5-7 t&n, and so on.

Last night, I went through and tried to figure out what cards I'm missing from the base set. I stopped when I got to 400, so didn't count most of the high-number SPs - because I was already missing 240 card numbers! I mean, until yesterday, I thought the set was going to be released in 2 series, because I have one checklist 1 and 5 checklist 2's - but have never seen a checklist 3 or 4!

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    Morrie

I guess I didn't realize how bad this is because I have mixed in about 4 hobby boxes, so I might
    of gotten a lot of cards from there. Is the Killebrew for trade?

Kevin
  • Options
    Good morning - raining in San Antonio - wife at mom's - I've got a few hi #SP's for anyone:
    401 402 419 422 424 426 428 461 474
    This thread is wearing out - reaching a hi#SP in itself! Keep up the good work, if it reaches
    100 PSA gives each and every one of us FREE SET OF STEAK KNIVES!!!!image
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    Stone193 said:

<< <i>my point is, no big deal, if you feel like talking - do it - if no one
    is interested, they won't respond. What do you think? >>

That's pretty much the way I look at it, too. Why anybody would
    criticize this thread is beyond me, since it is all about the cards.
    Thanks to everyone for the answers to my checklist question.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I hit the good Target, the good Wal-Mart, a ToysRUs, and a Target and Wal-mart I've never been to before today. The good Wal-mart yielded three sealed 11-pack boxes, and the other stores yielded nothing except opened 24-pack boxes from which I got a couple packs, and they only yielded a Chrome. The three boxes yielded 33 SPs, 7 Chromes, a Chrome Refractor RC, a Gagne jersey, a Big Unit jersey, and an appropriate number of other common inserts. Still no auto or black. I've got 54 SPs for the set, but 27 SP doubles, triples, and even fourples. Two of the boxes today were almost identical pack-for-pack. Though I've reached a point of diminishing returns, I feel compelled to keep going till I pull an auto and/or a black. Not good. I could buy the Musial auto I want for the price of 3 boxes.

I gave serious thought to building the black chrome set when this set first appeared. I've collected a few tough parallel sets over the years (or tried to), but prices got out of hand too fast, especially with "cardboardhead" not only building the set but buying multiple copies. I'll settle for going after a Thomas and a Prior. Wake me up when they get to 57s, though, and that'll be the set I build.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Kevin,
    Can't find your email addy.
    Email me about the non SP cards, maybe i could send you a list of what i need.

Mike.
    I could use a few of your SP's
    401 419 422 424 428 461 474. LMK what your wanting.

I have some chromes available. A few SP's, inserts, commons. If anyone wants to trade.
    Thank you.

Ben

bluespokescardsfan@cox.net

• Options
    Ben
    Did you get my PM on the SP's you asked for?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Trade possibilities.

Haven't decided if I am going to keep this or sell, but I am trying to complete it. I have opened 10 boxes and pulled about 120 SPs, but lots of dups. My money cards have been 2 Black and 3 autos. I have the Kaline auto/relic, Duke Snider, and Corky Valentine. If you want me to send a list of my dups, let me know. I am making a long drive today and plan to make a few stops to grab some more. Haven't open much since 92, but I am hooked on this one.

Luke
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    OK, thanks to Joe's persistance,
    I am putting together a basic set
    (just cards 1-475 with sps - no chrome or inserts)
    so if you can help me that would be great.

well, as far as commons go, I need:
    117 (old logo), 145, 189, 219, 241, 259,
    305, 372, 378, 379, 381, and 392.

as far as SPs I need:
    1a, 4, 10a, 28, 30a 40a, 60a, 123, 124, 198,
    200a, 213a, 311a, 342a, 398, 399, 401, 403,
    404, 409, 410, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 420,
    422, 423, 425, 428, 429, 432, 433, 435, 437,
    438, 440, 441, 443, 445, 446, 449, 452, 453,
    454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 460, 461, 462, 465,
    468, 470, 472, 473, 474, 475

and I have many Chromes and Refractors on Ebay
    (IF they have no bids I would be willing to pull them for trade)
    ebay auctions

but the only extra SP I currently hold for trade is the
    Pat Burrell #117 variation (New Logo)

I also have the following Inserts to trade for SPs as well...
    NAP4, NAP5, NAP6, NAP7, NAP9
    TN2, TN3, TN4, TN5
    F1, F7, F8, F9, F10

thanks for any help you can provide.

email or Pm me
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Hello--
    I would be interested in one of the Griffey cards. What do you need in trade? ---->Craig
  • Options
    Craig...your not the guy who sold me a 2001 Willie Mays heritage auto several years ago are you?

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin
    Did you complete your 04 Heritage set yet?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Kevin--- I did sell a Willie auto a couple of years ago, so maybe I am the one you are thinking of. Does the state of Ohio ring a bell in the transaction? Anyway, I have completed the 04, and am putting together a set of just the sp's. If you still have a Griffey I would be interested in a trade if I have something you would need. Let me know, as I need several to complete. Craig
  • Options
    Craig!

How about that! You know I put together that autograph set in 2001...all the retired players. The Willie
    is the centerpice. Didn't you have an unopened box too? I do have an extra Griff. Check out my
    trade post here to see what I need.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin---- Had zero luck in finding your post for the cards you need. Give me a hint as to where it is. I need several cards to complete the SP "set". Have only one box left of the 04. Got talked out of the others some time last year. Craig
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i just bought 4 retail boxes at walmart...bought up the walmart supply in my area...2 packs...2 sp's so far

what are the SP's again for 2004??

ryan
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    3rd pack....AL KALINE grandstand glory with a crazy pieice of seat from detroit stadium

loth