Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Two more MONSTER Heritage Retail Breaks

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loth
    Looks like you are having too much fun - great pull so far!!! Here's the SP list from John Basilone
    Mike

I had the wrong reference - Loth HERE IT IS
    SP list:
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    stone i dont see it

ryan
  • Options
    Ryan
    I PM'ed you
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    cool i got it. oh i just pulled a manny jersey...and my chrome list goes as:

richie sexson
    curt schilling
    omar falcon ??
    dave crouthers ??
  • Options
    I picked up one retail box at Target tonight. While it was fine, I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed.

11 SP
    2 Chrome /1955 (including Nomar)
    1 FB
    1 NAP
    Maddux Jersey card

It's a good pull, except... out of the whole box, I only got 9 cards I needed for the base set (10 if you count the NAP). Only 3 of those were SPs, so I ended up with 8 duplicate SPs.

One might think that when one needs 117 cards for a set, and one buys a box with 88 cards in it, one will do better than 9 cards to fill holes. Ah well. I guess I'm off to the trade thread before the wife finds out I bought another box...

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Morrie

Again don't worry about non-sp, there are plenty here who have you covered. You could probably
    sell two retail boxes of short prints (22) for the same price to buy the whole non-sp set!

I have plenty to spare too!

Kevin
  • Options
    hey joe....can i send you my NON-SP needs...id be willing to pay you to complete the NON-SP set....thanks

loth
  • Options
    Loth

Thats fine with me, are you sure you aren't going to bust anymore wax?

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options
    prolly not kev..ill msg you my non-sp needs later this week...sound good?
  • Options
    i dont think ill need all the non-sp's...i hope i got half the set here non-sp wise.

loth

• Options
    Thanks Kevin. I don't know if I'll be busting any more or not. Wife and I just figured out what we owe the gov't... Given how well this last box went, it's tough to say.

I actually ran across a half-dozen retail boxes this weekend at one store. Bought 3, and the wife discovered that she loves the Bazooka cards. First pack she opened had a Maddux GU, and she was hooked. So after buying 3 boxes of heritage for me, we wandered back in and got 2 retail bazooka boxes for her!

Then went home and did taxes. There's something warped about that...

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    man Ive seen no more than 2 retail boxes at one time....where did you see 6? Uncle Sam just needs
    to realize how great these are! LOL

Kevin

PS Dont worry about the non-sps
  • Options
    My wife is in Lawrence Ks - she picked up the last retail at a Target - she's on the hunt for me.
    Along with Kevin - those who need help with the non-SP's - please PM me - I've got a bunch - the collation is weird tho - got 5and6 of the same player - nobody good.

Rookie question: I have a black chrome of Foo and Ballouli - anyone have ideas about their prospect this year.
    Thanx, Mikeimage
    Mike
  • Options
    Try your local Cracker Barrel. I picked up a couple of 24 pack retail boxes there tonight. Trying desperately not to open them, not really sure why I bought them. Except, I MUST have de boxes.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    As far as rookies I can only go by how beckett has priced the 2004 topps, because that is the only
    product that has rookies in it. Make sure you cross match if the guy is an short print because that will
    really add value to his card....ex. the Murphy should book 15-20.

higher priced:

Murphy
    Navarro

Lesser:
    Jung

Next:
    Hawksworth
    Davies
    Creighton

Least:
    Lerew
    Labandera
    Ballouli
    Frend
    Molina
    Miner

Kevin
  • Options
    Finally falling for the lure of Topps Heritage, I bought a couple of ret boxes today. Anyone else have problems with the quality? I have about 24 cards with seemingly a roller mark going across the cards horizontally near the top, from edge to edge. You might not see it if you don't angle the cards a little. I know Topps says they'll replace damaged cards up to 25, but how long do they usually take?

Bill
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
    Refs; ajbry,allen,baljitgill, Speedmaster,BigE187211,samsgirl214,Many
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Chiliwilly,

I also have about 50 cards or so with that roller indentation towards the top of the card. Luckily, I think they are all commons so I probably won't even send them in.
  • Options
    Knopfler,

Not glad to hear you have that same problem, but glad it wasn't just the boxes I grabbed.

Bill
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I feel the same way! I was pretty sure that wasn't the case though because I saw those blemishes on cards from separate packs and separate boxes that were purchased from different stores. If you decide to try to put the set together, let me know. I have lots of doubles but still need a few.
  • Options
    If I decide to put the set together I'll let everyone know. A little swamped right now with football stuff and getting a Topps Chrome set together, but I intend to get back to the set soon.
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    most of my commons have the same roller mark..the SP's do not....id have to say im a little disappointed in the quality ....for new card...i dont expect to get rolled on cards..and not only that...some had serious creases in them...abotu 10...no sp's though....dont they have quality control?? from what i hear..2001 heritage had great quality....no many probs...but since then major probs?? is this true??

loth
  • Options
    Loth,

It seems that you, Knopfler and I are the only ones with damaged cards. None of my SP's are damaged, just base cards as you state in your post. I will be sending mine in to Topps as I see no reason to try and build a set with damaged cards.

Bill
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options

A few of mine have the same marks. They're only on commons so far. From what I can tell they seem to be coming from the Target boxes. None of the loose packs I've bought seem to have them. Maybe it was something about the packaging...

Chris
  • Options
    Hi Chris,

Mighty strange...my two ret boxes were from Target also. The same guy delivers to Target and Shopko here...there isn't a difference in boxes from store to store as you are implying is there?image

Bill
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options

I know the Target boxes are packed different than the Walmart boxes, and the packs I bought came from the traditional display-type box. Just wondered if maybe this had anything to do with it.

Chris
  • Options
    I haven't seen any roller marks across the top of my cards, but I have had packs where every card except the SP or other insert has had a dent about a half-centimeter wide that starts at the middle of the left border and goes to the middle of the right border. Those were Meijer boxes.

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    I tried to take apic to show the crease. It didn't turn out to well, but you can see where the crease / roller mark is.
    Trade Pg
    Auto and GU Pg
    Bills Web Site Main Page
  • Options
    Mine were lower down, but that's the same basic mark all right.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I stopped by my local Target today, and found one box.

Here's my results:

Pack 1: Scott Rolen Real One autograph redemption card
    Pack 2: Piazza SP
    Pack 3: Jerome Williams Chrome
    Pack 4: K. Wood SP
    Pack 5: Marcus McBeth SP
    Pack 6: Shawn Green Chrome (with back damage due to some piece of gunk in the cardstock)
    Pack 7: New Age Garciaparra
    Pack 8: Flashback Mays and Clubhouse Collection Relic Torii Hunter bat
    Pack 9: Javy Lopez SP
    Pack 10: Then & Now Snider/Delgado
    Pack 11: Bagwell SP

Other than the problem on the Green, centering on the SPs was the only condition issue I noted.

I plan to get more boxes.

Nick
    Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Nick
    Overall that was a great retail - good pulls - what's with the Rolen redemption - was he MIA during the signings? I'm bad about submitting redemptions. You could check with Kevin, isn't he into the autos for possible trades.
    Mike

Oh, by the way - I think there are definite condition problems this year with linear indentations to centering problems - you wouldn't expect this in an age of high technology.
    Mike
  • Options
    Nick

Nice pull on the Rolen, Im interested if you want to unload it. I haven't noticed any indention problems
    in the cards I have pulled but I haven't exactly looked on the non-sp, which I imagine are printed up
    at different times than the non-sp's.

I have a BGS 9 Ripken from 2001, everyday I think more and more about it.

LMK if you want to trade.

Kevin
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping the Rolen - I didn't have any autographs of him, and one of my goals is to have at least 1 autograph of every player. At this point, I don't have anything available for trade from the set (no duplicates).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.