Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How many cards do we 1%ers have?

Comments

• Options
    We are at 60,436 after Jaxxr. Already reached out 1%.

Jim, I didn't start this thread because I am outraged at Joe. He made a foolish statement that I am sure he will regret. I have made a few of those in my day too.

Posting your number here doesn't put you for or against Joe. It merely is to show how many cards we have, and that it is much more than the less than 1% he stated. And, I think it would be neat to see where we get. So guys, post your numbers please, regardless of whether you are enamored of either Joe or Jim or both or neither.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    Virtual lizard and all--

Let's only count the ones we currently have. We have all traded back and forth so much we would be counting the same card many times over.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    This thread is bringing Davalillo so much satisfaction. Now he knows that he has more cards than the next twenty people combined. Great.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I agree.
    Jim has a really great collection.
    .........a little light on the regionals perhaps, but not too shabby all-in-all.
  • Options
    Since joining the registry in March at zero PSA cards I have added 653 cards to the registry. I also have another 111 PSA graded cards off the registry and 355 cards currently at PSA.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Approximately 1,500 PSA graded cards in my collection.
  • Options
    I have 23000 at my house. I am not sure what is at my office but I think its about 1000. So call it 24000 its close enough for the girls we all go with.

dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    With stump the current total is 87055...
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Stump,

24,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow--terrific.

Other than the sets you have on the registry, what years are they from?

Jim
  • Options
    Jim

I usually only register the sets I actively work on. Although there are some I have started and lost interest in.I also have multiple sets in certain years. Both 1968 and 1969 I have two complete sets but only register 1. I also have 3 complete 1989 score FB sets with about 1200 slabbed in that year alone. My 89 UD set is 576 cards that are all 10's. I dont register my 9's and I would hate to tell you how many of them I have. I have a mass of kellogg's(2000) that are more fun to me than worth anything. I also have cards from 1952 through 1984 topps that are not registered along with alot of 84 and 85 donruss. I hesitated to answer this post but there are a few members here that are familiar with my collection and they were putting pressure on me post. I believe King Kellogg has more than me but I am not sure he will post. I am usually pretty private about what I have and will most likely not talk about it again. I submit only 20% of what I own and buy the rest in big lots from ebay heavy weights along with some of the guys here. I have roughly 50,000 cards from 52-84 ready to go to psa when I get the urge but am rather busy with my real estate development.

Dave

Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    I have 10% of Stumps total - 2,400.
    Dave
    1973 Topps PSA 9's+(retired)
    1986 Topps PSA Perfect(active)
    1997 Flair Legacy's(active)
  • Options

<< <i>Virtual lizard and all--

Let's only count the ones we currently have. We have all traded back and forth so much we would be counting the same card many times over. >>

Buckwheat -

I didn't count the cards that I had sold because I had upgraded or for other reasons (which would probably amount to another 1000 or so). I just wanted to point out that I had some impact to the marketability of 1970 Topps baseball cards in PSA 8 and PSA 9 slabs for about 2 years. If Chris Klinger, Chris Renaud, Frank Bakka, and myself, had not been buying 1970 cards during that 2 year period, there would have been little market for them and quite a bit fewer cards from that set would currently be in PSA slabs.

But, for the sake of this analysis, I will follow your rule of only currently owned cards.

Here are the current totals:

Spreadsheet of Total cards owned by Message Board Members

If you have an older version of Excel, let me know and I'll upload a copy in 5.0.

JEB.
  • Options
    Latest total 89455...
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
  • Options
    357 here
  • Options
  • Options
    Probably 250.
  • Options
    All: we broke 90 grand, 90024
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
  • Options
    90274, w/ Purely PSA
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    I have just under 1,000 PSA graded cards & 400 SGC cards.

I wonder how much influence and contribution the 1% has had with the success/marketing of the PSA Set Registry?? As a powerseller, I promote it in every EBAY auction.

Marcus
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Im so strong coming in at 120 cards image ....I guess I have to quit selling my partial sets....but the thing is these PSA cards are so freaking liquid and if I can make a nice return due to market conditions and move on to another set...why not!

You have to love a hobby that you can recoup your investment most of the time whenever you want to explore another direction within it.

Long Live the Registry!
  • Options
    Updated Totals

I get 90,885 so far and a few members with fairly large collections have not yet posted.

JEB.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Put me down for 1,100.

In all fairness to Joe, if PSA has graded 6,000,000 cards,
    then we'd need to get to 120,000 just to get to 2 %.

That said, I think we represent 90 % + of the within the hobby promotion,
    and good will, which brings new people in who in turn end up bringing other new people in ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I have about 480 (also including non-sports and three beauties I got in the mail today.

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I don't want to add to a lets bash Joe thread. I like Joe and while he has been the Pres. PSA has done many good things.
    Plus its nice to have a big cheese (Murcerfan notwithstanding) being this accessible. I'm sure he didn't mean to alienate
    all of us on the boards, he just blurted out a statement without thinking it 100% through. sort of like every conversation I
    have w/ the wife.
    Since John posted below adding my name to the no-shows and wanted my card #'s, I would guesstimate between inventory, registry and my personal collection, I have 4800 PSA's. ...jay
  • Options
    I have as following (approximate);

PSA 2500
    GAI 1200-1200
    SGC 1000
    KSA 100
    PGS 100
    BVG 250

I have about 5000 graded cards total.
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com
  • Options
    I have approximately 3500 PSA cards.
    I am working on PSA baseball sets in 8 or better from 1973 thru 1976. Also Mike Schmidt & Pete Rose sets.
  • Options
    370 +/- .

.. this is going to end up as a rather large number
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    Just counted. 260
  • Options
    1,500 PSA Cards.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Rough estimate: 1200

Complete
    1954 BASE 250
    1967 BASE 609
    1964 HOCK 110

1953 BASE 87
    Scattered Singles ~ 75

• Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭

just counted

collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    450 PSA cards for me!

BOB aka

BIG DADDY of the GAS GUZZLERS MC
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    if anybody wants anymore LOOK HEREimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    202 for me

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Just counted 243.

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow, I thought I had an unusually large PSA collection with 547 slabs (with 100 more at PSA right now)...but, now I feel like a small fish in a big pond. But, I feel better about buying more now!
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Approximately 1,300.
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    Updated Totals

We're now up to 108,171 or about 1.8% of the the 6,000,000 cards graded by PSA.

I would bet that there are many more infrequent posters here who will add significantly to this total.

JEB.
  • Options
    I am at 447 right now.

I also thought I was doing pretty well....but I have alot of buying to do in 2004!!!

Brian
    There are many worse addictions in the world than the PSA Set Registry...right?!?!

1952 Topps Baseball PSA 6,7,8's
    1933 Goudey PSA 5's
    T202 Hassan Triple Folds
    1962 Topps Football PSA 8's
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I've got about 190.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I would also like to point out another fact (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here) - I have gotten back a significant number of cards from submissions that graded 5, 6, or 7 that are just worth more raw and have since been cracked out and sold raw. I also still have a stack of about 50 or so PSA slabbed 1970 Topps baseball cards in these grades that I didn't count.

There will never be an accurate count of the impact made by the participants of these forums, but based on what I see so far, and considering that so many more cards have passed through our hands, I wouldn't be surprised if 5-10% of all PSA graded cards have at one time or another been owned by us.

The current tally amounts to the bare minimum of cards currently residing in board participant collections. I think it's amazing that in a mere 10 hours, we have accounted for almost 2% of the current PSA graded population.

JEB.
  • Options

"I would also like to point out another fact (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here) - I have gotten back a significant number of cards from submissions that graded 5, 6, or 7 that are just worth more raw and have since been cracked out and sold raw."

I just cracked out four PSA 8oc cards to add to my "raw" 1962 Fleer set today and im sure im not the only one who's ever done this ether. I also have two PSA 9oc cards comming for the same set that im crackin out as soon as i get them.

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    Buckwheat may have overlooked this pertinent fact:

Joe O. is not interested in how many graded slabs we own. Joe is interested in how many raw cards we own that have yet to be submitted for grading.image
  • Options
    Along those same lines I have dozens of those friggin sleeves that say "Trimmed", Authentic?", blah, blah, blah........we all do I'm sure.

In fact, I saw hundreds, maybe thousands of those at Jim Crandells house a few months back. That's a lot of revenue for nothing!! It almost made me cry. Then I remembered it was Jim's coin, not mine image Sorry Jim.
  • Options

There will never be an accurate count of the impact made by the participants of these forums, but based on what I see so far, and considering that so many more cards have passed through our hands, I wouldn't be surprised if 5-10% of all PSA graded cards have at one time or another been owned by us

I may only own 227 PSA cards now buy ive bought and sold over 3000 PSA cards in the last three years.

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Along those same lines I have dozens of those friggin sleeves that say "Trimmed", Authentic?", blah, blah, blah........we all do I'm sure.

In fact, I saw hundreds, maybe thousands of those at Jim Crandells house a few months back. That's a lot of revenue for nothing!! It almost made me cry. Then I remembered it was Jim's coin, not mine image Sorry Jim. >>

• Options
    Tom,

Thousands? Hundreds? Maybe 100. I hide the rest of the evidence.

Dav
  • Options
    100? That was a big stack for just 100 for card saver I. Maybe something else was in there with them.

That's still a lot of coin for nothing.