Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HOW MANY STATE QUARTERS DO EACH OF US OWN?

I am not a dealer and I own over 1850 of them! (12 Rolls Ohio "P") How many do you own? Just curious to see the average per forum member.
Regards, MapMaker

Comments

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    bags and bagsimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I have one album set, all issues. Add that to the regular Washington issues and the proofs back to 40, and that's a lot of Washingtons.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    I have all 50 of the proofs in PCGS PR69DCAM and about $200 in circulated ones that I put in my ceramic monkey bank from my pocket change image

(edited to include a verb have in the sentence so it would resemble the language we've all agreeded to use).
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever is in my pocket change box.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've got a set from circulation complete through Maine except it's missing the "P"- MS.
    That's 45. I've got five of each mint set since the beginning except the current one. That's
    another 200. I've got two errors I've found in circulation (one's a die trial!!). For a total of
    227. I've also got about thirty gems from circulation so call it 277.

jeesh- math spelling.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    CoinGuy42CoinGuy42 Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I've got:
    99 silver proof sets = 15
    00 silver proof sets = 15
    01 silver proof sets = 45
    02 silver proof sets = 30
    03 silver proof sets = 115

99 mint sets = 3
    00 mint sets = 3
    01 mint sets = 3
    02 mint sets = 10
    03 mint sets = 10

proof sets= 3 of each

BU rolls (from banks) = about 50
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Only what is on top of the dresser that hasn't made it to the Coinstar machine yet.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    I have 3 in my pocket
    Michael
  • Options
    3 mint,clad and silver for each year issued.Get them from the mint and save them that way.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    About 8 pulled from change and one proof Kentucky silver because I liked the horse.
  • Options
    2 sets of each clad, proof and silver proof, plus many rolls of P & D of some of the states, and whatever's in my pocket change.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my collection 50 coins in 10 Proof sets (clad and silver) Plus my wife maintains a type album with an example of each quarter design in it taken from circulation.

That's all folks!!! image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on a Whitman Deluxe folder, collecting from circulation. Waaay behind on the P mints, have most of the Ds (west coast) Will pay no more than 25c. per coin. Expect by the time the Ps work their way over here, many will be Ef or worse. Not trying particularly hard (not searching rolls or anything, just change from stores etc.) having a good time at it!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Whatever hasn't been spent from my change pile. I belive the total is 2. Until I want a candy bar or something. image
  • Options
    1 or 2, here or there - somewhere or another

actually I have several rolls that I sell at face value, by the each, or give to YN's that come into my shop and sell to older folks

also a set of PCGS 69DCAM's and a book for me and one for the Grandson

• Options
    wow, i have bunches of rolls and slabs... i have a drawer dedicated to them. i just throw them in there...
  • Options
    I get the USet, PS, and SPS for each year.
    Circulation-wise, I get the best of each, and put it on a quarter map; then I try to get the best D (live in NY) and 2nd best P, and put them in a pop-in book; the rest I aim to get as many as I can in quarter rolls of 40 each. I have at least one for everything up until NY, and 2 of some of them. I don't know right now how much I have in the completed rolls, but the ones in incomplete rolls total $86.50.
    Use dollar coins when you get them! Do you want to see them die out, too?
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Not a one. Spend them all, or my little daughter takes them for her bankimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    I give them all to my grandson but i would have to say a few hundred by now at least.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    A handful of UNC and PR issues, including all the proof sets.

Then I got bored and disguisted with US issues and became a heathen darksider.

There are still COINS to be collected!

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    Whatz a state quarter? image

None. Not even in pocket change.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you gonna make me go and count my change jar?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the silver proofs in PCGS 69DCAM...
  • Options
    I did not start collecting State Quarters until Georgia came out.I'm missing Delware,Penn.and New Jersey.I have 4 sets of each starting with Georgia(mint rolls).I have a lot of circulated states quarters of the ones I'm missing in the mint rolls.All the state circulated quarters I find go into cigar boxes until I get enough for rolls.
    leon
  • Options
    I have a UNC Roll of every quarter in both mints, every Two Roll Set , and every Proof in clad and silver!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    Each Mint Set and Proof Set.Some slabs and a few hundred circulated cins.
    Not bad for a Manxman!
    Tony
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    2 sets each of the mint and proof sets. 1 complete set in an eagle album.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I guess I have about $800 worth.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    I just went to look, I found....
    20 of each, BU in 2X2 page's, so that's 20 set's,
    248 BU rolls, mostly the early years,
    48 mini bag's, mostly the mid years,
    and a Mini bag set from the beginning....

jeeze, anyone wanna buy some quarter's ?
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    less than 1000, but going up
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    All the silver and clad proofs + 1 each from circulation and not counting those in my change jar which will get banked. So that makes 75 if I counted right image Well I guess I don't have all circ coins from '03 yet so maybe 73 or 72 of them image
  • Options

<< <i>I did not start collecting State Quarters until Georgia came out.I'm missing Delware,Penn.and New Jersey.I have 4 sets of each starting with Georgia(mint rolls).I have a lot of circulated states quarters of the ones I'm missing in the mint rolls.All the state circulated quarters I find go into cigar boxes until I get enough for rolls. >>

silverandvinyl,
    I get 5 rolls each mint "P" & "D"s shortly after each issue and search for my few keepers. I get them from john's quarter shop in original bank wrappers & housed in square hard plastic tubes. 10 rolls with S&H about $127. I usually find enough errors or nice coins to resell at coin-club auction to break even. Also got rolls of back issues I needed from John. If you need the De.Penn. or NJ. look him up; johnkasp@msn.com
    Regards, Mapmaker.
  • Options
    A PD album set, missing Missouri (the broccoli tree quarter) and last five Ps. 1999 Proof set and 1999-2003 Silver Proofs--so less than 100.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    Wish I had some kids of my own to give them to image

• Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I have 2 sets of BU state quarters a proof sets 99 to date rolls of my home state quarter. another 2003 proof set for the Maine state quarter, and a 5 coin proof set same year same reason, a MS65 and a pr69 Me. in pcgs plasic and I'n looking for a pr70 in one of the lesser services.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    I just looked:

3 - Md, Ny, and Pa. All D mint.

Plus a receipt from the grocery store last night, two nickels (2001D and 2000D), four cents (1995D, 1998D, 2002D, and 2003D), and the spare key to my wife's car. She got locked out of it last night and I had to rescue her.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I got them all in my Silver proof sets... they are cool....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Delaware through Missouri in my map folder(varying mintmarks)....24
    19 in my 1988-2000 quarter folder....missing georgia p and virginia d....
    24 in my 2001- date folder....missing Rhode Island P,Luisianna P,Illinois P,and Maine P...
    plus a couple silver proofs......10 in mint sets......a tennesse in a pcgs ms64 holder.....equals....

80 of em'
  • Options
    51. image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is not a collector, but I bought her a blue whitman album and find a nice Mint state P and D for each state as they come available and house them in that. Also, each year as the silver proof set comes available, I buy one for her.

thats all,

as I am not a modern era collector.
    jim
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Just what's in my daughter's coin map and in my pocket. I don't collect proof and mint sets anymore.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    ~200. I'm more of a hoarder than a collector when it comes to these.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    5-Dansco BU+proofs albums Delaware-Missouri, 3 rolls each of BU P+d Delaware thru missouri.

My home state favorite: 7 pcgc ms68 Ohio-p, looking for a Ohio-d pcgs ms68 (less than 110 bucks)

Many alabama, missouri die crack quarters.

10 sets each of clad+silver proof sets (1999-2003)

Any guess what a 1999 silver proof set will be worth in 2009? 2020? My guess: 400.00, 700.00

Can you believe it? After the Arkansas business strikes come out in October, the State quarter progam will

be half over. Time flies.

Lightside
  • Options
    Like others I'm putting together a set with silver proofs for my wife--who asks me periodically "Have I found any new quarters lately?" In the beginning I was hoping that the push for DC and territory State Quarters would go away--but now I'm not sure. It might be interesting to see a State Quarter from Samoa! It would add a year to the series--and God Knows they couldn't get any uglier. Missouri as a case in point--the original design was beautiful but look what the Mint did--the trees look like brocolli (sp?) stalks.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    Other than normal proof and uncirculated mint sets, only about 5.
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    I have about half a jar filled with them, why I don't know.
  • Options
    One each of the proof sets and silver proof sets and 10-20 each of the better
    specimens I've found in change. More Ps than Ds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file