Home U.S. Coin Forum

How Long Have You Been a Registered eBayer?

My signup date was Feb 21, 1998. How many of you can beat that? image

Bob
Retired Air Force 1965-2000
Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apr 28, 1998 (close, but no cigar).

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • not me...

Jul 26, 1999
  • April 20, 1999--thought it was earlier.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • mbcoinmbcoin Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Gotcha
    Mike
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda new at this under this ID Sept 12 99
    Larry

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a member since 1/23/99... but then again, I was a month and a half shy of my 12th birthday then...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Jan 99. Seems a lot longer!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I registered the first time in Sept. 1997. But, I used to use haggle.com for auctions. When they went defunct, I went to use my account on eBay and kept getting a message telling me that I needed to confirm the account, but every time I did I just got a script error. It turns out that I had registered during a beta phase.

After a couple dozen eMails back and forth with the automatons in their joke of a customer service department, the bottom line was that I had to re-register. The idiots wouldn't even release my own eMail address back to me.

So, I setup a new account in March 2000 under a different name, then changed the name to the original. They'd let me go back to the original eBay handle, but wouldn't give me back my eMail address? Morons.

Russ, NCNE
  • Just 2 years for me. Aug 2001
    AL(Copperhead)
    Gotta love them Mercs
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
  • July 1998, had the anti-climactic 5-year anniversary last month....
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    One year after yours Bob- Feb 21, 1999
  • i,m kind of a newbie at july 2000
  • Member since Monday, Sep 13, 1999. Don't think I bought anything for almost a year or two after I signed up though. Signed up to bid on one item but didn't win, didn't really use the account until I started coin collecting in 2001.
    Looking for info on MN national banknotes from New Ulm, Sleepy Eye, Mankato, Hanska, and Lake Crystal. Also Two Harbors, Duluth, Brainerd, and Ely.
  • Registered Dec-09-98 for buying Hippo items. That is what I use to collect before I found coins.

Lori
  • Lets see..

I think I was trying to get a "Furby" for one of my Daughters....and then I found the coins..lol

Greg
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe 3 to 4 years i would say
    theknowitalltroll;
  • May 06, 1998
  • 9/11/99
  • I guess right now I have the record:
    I was on ebay when they complained about out of state bidders!

See "Millennium"

Sunday, Sept 29, 1996
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    03/99

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• 06/05/2000 for me, not much activity until the "coin bug" bit me again. Been trying to make up for lost time since then!
    Joe
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    I first started using Ebay November 1997. I shared an account with someone else. I browsed and placed bids on a few items, but didn't win them. In 1998, I registered again and purchased a few items. I lost interest for a little while. I didn't access my account for about a year and a half and forgot my username and password. I registered yet again in February of 2001. Since then, I have had the same account/username.
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the Coin Universe auction boards (way back then) before they did away with the auction format. Then, Monday, Aug 10, 1998, I went to Ebay.
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh so close.... April 5, 1998

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Only Member since: Sunday, Jun 13, 1999. Seems much longer.
    "Don't talk like an ignarosis."

I specialize in Wisconsin currency! Looking for information on WI national banknotes. Census stands at 12,318 notes.

**"Wisconsin National Bank Notes - 2nd Edition" is out!!!" Only $20PPd!!!
  • islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

July 22, 1999

Before then Numismatics On-Line (NOL). Wonder if they are still going?
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Joined 12/15/99...was only going to pick up a few of the proof sets I had missed from the mint. 400+ transactions later.... image

RonMan
  • I've been using it (auctionweb then) since October 96, but I had to finally register in Jan 97. Does anyone remember when the server names were different reptiles? I remember komodo for sure...
    imageimageimage
  • Nov 10, 1997. Heh, I remember Numismatics Online. Didn't ebay buy them out or some other coin auction website?
    I remember the reptile server names on Ebay too.
    Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • member since 10/31/2001
  • June 14, 1999
  • Feedback rating: 164
    Positive feedback: 100%
    Registered Dec-16-98 in United States

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    i was there when they first started..... then my company relocatd me to Hillsboro Oregon, i quit using Ebay and I even forgot the username and password, so i re-signed up... its a shame because i had over 1000 feedbacks all positive and all purchases...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Too funny!

• Super newbie here..........March 24, 2003.................124 feedbacks.....100% positive.......no returned coinsimage
    New shop..........New lessons every day...............
  • bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 3 1998. Don't have any buys or sells since 2000.
    Ken

• Dec. 7th, 1998

BUT I JUST GOT MY RED STAR LAST WEEK!!!!!!image

Larry
    Dabigkahunimage
  • Registerd 04/12/99. Been selling coins for just one year!

99.9 % + feedback

Sam
  • Sept 2000. Just got my Red Star.Started when I found I could buy items I could not find this side of the pond.
    Have started selling the odd coins.
    Tony
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • December 1998.

imageimage
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/26/98 for me....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feb 1997!

Check my auctions they are running now and have the date in upper right corner.

largesence

tbig
  • Feedback rating: 231
    Positive feedback: 100%
    Registered Oct-06-96 in United States

I wondered where that missing half a million dollars went......image
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • March 22, 1998 I also used to list with the CU collector to collector auctions they used to have, actually made some good contacts selling that way.
  • EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • HarpuaHarpua Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Sunday, Dec 21, 1997 .... although pretty inactive for the first couple years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file